Advisory Board

2.8

274 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales & Marketing Associate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within a week to schedule a phone interview, which was several days later. 8 days after my phone interview I was invited to Washington DC office for in-person interviews for the next week. All of the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.

If you could change one thing about your university's administration what would it be?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, and salary is low ($37K) especially considering the cost of living in DC. Ask for relocation allowance instead.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Was referred by a current employee, not sure if that sped up the process or not... I received an email about a week after sending in my resume asking to set up an interview over Skype/Facetime/etc. The interview was a week later and ended up being a phone interview due to "technical problems". The questions were very standard, "why did you choose the school you went to", "how do you stay organized", "what are your career goals", etc, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just be prepared to explain how your previous experience can contribute to the position.   Answer Question

Materials Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in August 2014.

I had applied for a consulting role and was interviewed for some random other position within the company that had nothing to do with my background or the field I applied. After hearing about the position I wasn't really interested and elected not to continue in the interview process. Some of the questions I was asked were similar to many of the other questions listed on glassdoor: Talk about your resume, why did you choose your school, what advice would you give to the administration, talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult client, what does the company do in your own words.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

The interviewer was very punctual, extremely polite. She sent me the job description before the interview and wanted to make sure that I looked over it. I printed it out, but it was not necessary to have in front of you during the interview. We chatted on the phone for 20 minutes and then said that she would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. The questions were the usual interview questions, but the big one was the administration question. Make sure you have thought about your answer before the phone conversation.

Interview Questions
    • If there was something you could change about your schools administration, what would it be?   Answer Question

Salary too low

Coordinator, Research and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

I applied online sometime around mid-June 2014, and received an email beginning of July, offering me a phone interview. We had the phone interview about ten days later, asking basic things like "tell me about yourself," "Why the Advisory Board Company?" "How do you stay organized?" and "What do you think your responsibilities are in this role?" About a week after the phone interview, I was offered an in-person interview. I commuted to DC and had three half-hour interviews with people in multiple divisions, as they decided to interview me for multiple spots. Some interviews were with just one person, some were with two. They asked some basic questions to figure out how I work as a worker, and focused more on myself and how I think than my resume. For example, they ask things like "What motivates you?" "Tell me about a time you failed.", etc. Everyone who works there is extremely personable, passionate, and very smart, and from talking with them, you can tell they love their jobs. At the end of each interview, they offer time to ask them questions as well. I really hit it off with some of the interviewers and they told me I would hear by the end of the following week. Less than a day later, they offered me the job!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Submitted application online and had a standard HR phone interview 2 weeks later reviewing resume/company in general. Two weeks after the phone interviewed, received an offer to interview in person. Paid own travel out to DC to meet with marketing coordinators and team. Questions were mostly behavioral/right fit for company. Received job offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • They start every question with "I'd love to know.." so be have examples of different experiences/reasons why. What motivates you?   Answer Question

Very low pay

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Phone interview with a recruiter who asked basic resume question and explained more about the position I had applied for, as well as other positions I may be interested. Followed by an in-person interview with different members of the different teams

Interview Questions
    • What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

set up an interview quickly after I applied, interviewer seemed disinterested and vague about what job actually entailed. Questions were pretty standard, a couple that were more difficult to answer. Seemed like they were just trying to get people to fill the position for a year or two, wasn't really what I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didn't produce work up to a certain standard and what you did to remedy that problem   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

initial phone interview only. 20-30 minutes with HR person. Was asked to go over resume and talk about my interests and career goals. She said the next step was for her to meet with the other HR people, discuss each candidate's interview and consider them for any open position that they qualify for.

Interview Questions
    • typical interview questions- what are your career goals, strengths & weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions
    • Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question