Advisory Board Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.8

264 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

initial phone interview only. 20-30 minutes with HR person. Was asked to go over resume and talk about my interests and career goals. She said the next step was for her to meet with the other HR people, discuss each candidate's interview and consider them for any open position that they qualify for.

Interview Questions
    • typical interview questions- what are your career goals, strengths & weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions
    • Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

-Referred by friend for position
    -Contacted by recruiter 3 weeks later
    -Interviewed with recruiter 1 week later
    -Heard back 2 weeks later that I was accepted for onsite interview
    -Was flown down to DC 3 weeks later and was given a tour, had 2 interviews with 2 managers each, and was taken to lunch
    -2 days later was asked to do another interview (was promised this would be last) over the phone
    -10 days later was called and received offer

Everybody was very friendly and the recruiter was very accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty basic. Show that you have some knowledge of the company, that you are goal-oriented and driven, and that you can deal with constant rejection.   Answer Question
    Does not seem like there is much room for negotiation.

Health Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in June 2014.

Applied through the company's online portal and also had an employee referral. After I submitted my application, I was contacted to set up a first round phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. The recruiter requested that I navigate through my resume and explain my experiences. I was then asked a few more questions, ex. Why do you want to work for the Advisory Board Company? How would you deal with a client that was not open to suggestions?

At the end of the interview, the recruiter answered questions I had about the role and the company and gave me an email address to follow up with additional questions I may have. I was told that the company would be in touch within 2 weeks to inform me if I had moved on to the next round or not. After the interview, I followed up with a thank you note to the recruiter, highlighted key points we spoke upon in the interview, and reiterated my interest in the company and position. After the 2 weeks had passed, and I sent an additional follow up email, I never heard anything regarding my standing for the position. It would have been courteous to receive an official update from the company stating that I was no longer in the running for the position, rather than being left no response.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

I would describe the recruiting process as disappointing. The ABC has a culture better suited to recent graduates who do not have any baseline for what constitutes a respectful interview experience. As a seasoned, mid-career professional, red flags were flying from the start.

First, my recruiting contact was disorganized. E-mail communications had mismatched dates / days, and I had to double-check her work for accuracy – repeatedly.

Furthermore, I found the in-person office visit poorly organized and disrespectful of my time. Scheduled one hour interviews were truncated to 30 minutes (they ran out of questions), and there were gaps in the schedule longer than 3 hours. I literally had to sit on a couch and wait for hours between interviews. No one from HR explained the situation. Not even one senior person stepped forward to appologize. The receptionist was my primary point of contact that day. I had a fun morning / afternoon sitting next to 22 year-old kids interviewing for their first job out of college (one who just graduated from my alma mater!).

Finally, I found the interviews themselves lackluster. The questions were random, poorly thought, and lacked a cohesive thread. The case study was simple for anyone who reads a newspaper and has a basic knowledge of health care.

Frankly, ABC staffers gave the impression they are too self-absorbed in their own day-to-day minutia to provide a meaningful interview experience. I am certain an ABC executive reading this would state I did not have the right ‘independent’ or ‘flexible spirit.’ Whatever – they did not put their best foot forward. If a place can't show their best side during an interview, what will happen when you need management support for a critical business issue? I provided this feedback after the interview day knowing it would kill the job opportunity, as I could not fathom working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Senior Director: "Are you afraid of coming on board to that position knowing all the trouble they are having in that unit?"   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I got a call for the interview of a business analyst position after applying via LinkedIn. Fairly simple interview strictly behavioural. It was hard to understand what they expected out of a candidate as the position seemed rather vague. Overall the interview was quite easy and stuck to situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions were being repeated, the interviewer kept asking certain facts on my resume which was a little confusing. As far as technical skills were concerned, they did not mention what was required to be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

This normally starts via a web board. Sending in the application was relatively basic and I was contacted within a week. The interview was over the phone and lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and had a broad range of questions that covered methodology and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Being questioned on your methodology can be challenging if you don't have a concrete, prepared answer.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Thirty minute phone interview followed by a two on one interview. The first interview was very basic and easy. The second interview asked a few behavioral questions. All employees were eager to talk about the company. No surprising questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was extremely difficult to answer. Make sure you have questions lined up to ask and know a lot about the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Initial phone screen with a recruiter with typical screening questions.

Invited to a in person interview, made the trip from 500 miles away (no travel reimbursement provided), scheduled with 2 people but only interviewed with one. I was asked behavioral questions followed up by a mini case question at the end (interviewer stated I had done well on the case question at the end). This gave me confidence that I may potentially get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to get up everyday and put forth your best effort?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I put in an application on their website and was contacted for a phone interview soon after. It was mostly fit questions and a question about a research project I've completed. After that they asked me if I would be interested in a research position. I said yes and then got the call for an interview on-site. I was interviewing for a research associate specifically with the Education Advisory Board. The original information they sent me to help prepare for their interview said I should expect a case interview. That was a little misleading. It was not the traditional case interview. Instead, it started with a writing exercise. The prompt I got asked me how a university should approach consolidating different academic programs. I was a little confused. Only when I reached the in-person interview did I realize they don't want you to case interview where you have an answer at the end, it should be more of a brainstorming session. In other words, they want you to put forward a few important things they would need to keep in mind as they try to complete this project and write it like the 5-paragraph expository essays of middle school. Maybe at the end put forward a hypothesis but no definitive conclusion is really necessary. Half of the in-person interview had this same format. The other half was a normal fit interview. They asked me again about the research project.

Interview Questions
    • What is a research project you've completed? What was your strategy and what was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question