Advisory Board

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2013.

Interview Details – I connected with a mid-level management guy, he referred my application. Two week process. Be prepared to answer questions about goal setting, organizational system, and university choice.

Interview Question – How do you achieve goals?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very usual questions. Behavioral, job-fit questions and 1 case study.

Interview Question – Case study was very challenging, but was fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very easy.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview through an internal referral. Pretty straightforward, know your resume well and be prepared to answer why you're interested in healthcare. A couple days later they called to tell me they wanted to fly me in for an in person interview. That was 3 one-on-one interviews, two included a case study. There was also a one-page written case with plenty of time to think and answer. None of the interviews require specific knowledge about healthcare, just clear and logical thinking. The case studies are not like the regular consulting cases. They are about efficiency, marketing, revenue, etc. in various healthcare-related situations, but again, no prior knowledge is required. Keep in mind that if you don't make it to the third interview, you probably didn't get it. Think fast, demonstrate enthusiasm, and you should be okay. A couple of weeks later I received an offer. They were very professional and courteous throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – You have a hospital abroad with a decreasing patient volume. What strategies would you implement to remedy the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room.

Director, Content Marketing Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screening with HR, moved on to interview with Managing Director, Performance Technologies

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Hiring manager seemed mostly interested in why I left past positions.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and received a phone call the next day to set up an interview. I had two phone interviews, followed by an in person interview. While applying for one position, they said I would be a strong candidate for two other positions and would be considered for all three. After the interview, I did not hear back for over two months.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted shortly after for a phone interview (~1 week). Like others have said the phone interview was a very basic screening type. Basically just talking through your resume with someone from HR, with just a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – asking what I learned from every part of my resume, including things that would not be relevant to this position   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Account Management Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Phone interviews as well as several rounds on in-person interviews. Continuous hiring process but it helps if you have a recommendation from a current employee.

Interview Question – What was your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Senior Associate, New Product Development Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a 1st round interview which was a short phone interview. Invited for a 3 hr long in person interview with 3 different individuals. Made it through the first two and was excused early, did not meet with the third interviewer, and was not offered that position.

Interview Question – Had a case question that was a general starting business question, walked through the important things to think about if you were to start a food truck.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruitment - got an interview and wasn't able to fly out so had a phone interview. I didn't connect well with the interviewer (phone interviews are hard in general, plus I didn't feel like she was particularly warm or friendly). She marched through a series of questions, mostly related to my experience. Many behavioral questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision...)

Interview Question – General questions (why do you want to work here, etc.) and lots of behavioral questions: i.e. Tell me about a goal you set and whether you reached it/how   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through someone in the company/their internal referral system and got an email within a week requesting a phone interview. It was very friendly and asked basic questions about my education and job experience. The most curveball questions were still pretty easy, like what would I change about my college. About 2 weeks later I was asked to come in to the office to interview second round. They scheduled me for another 2 weeks later. The interview took a full day- a one on one interview for an hour, followed by a 2 on one interview for another hour, then a 1.5 hour writing test. The interviewers both asked case study questions which were difficult. They also wanted me to go into depth about prior research I had done-- an amount of depth I probably wasn't prepared for, bc they wanted very specific information about what I wrote about and my process that I couldn't remember well enough. The writing test required me to read 2 articles and write a one page synopsis and recommendation based on the material. It wasn't too hard and there was plenty of time. Add yet another 2 weeks later, and I got an email informing me I didn't get it.

Interview Question – A car rental service wants to expand a taxi service into a small town. How do you evaluate this investment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board