Advocate Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.9

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one interview with the hiring manager and another part with members of the team. The interview was very straight forward and not too difficult. The people I talked to really seemed to like the company a lot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a issue, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Clinical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Barrington, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, although they said they don't hire cna's that had not taken the state exam yet. And my resume clearly stated I had not done so yet. However I was still hopeful needless to say I didn't get the job. I was really excited because my interview went so well. The staff did and excellent job in explaining everything.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle an emergency situation in which I was alone?   Answer Question

Patient Access Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in July 2015.

Interview

Very long interview interviewed with hr person and director of patient access along with three other team members. Two hours of answering questions. Tlked to three team members at the same time.all taking turns asking questions about previous job situations and how they were resolved and what I did in difficult cicumstances that happened.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change jobs and why do you want to work at good samaritin hospital?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. She was very nice and helpful. Eased my nerves. At the end of the interview you know if you got the position or not. You pick what time you would like to work. She picks the department and what you do.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Elgin, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Sherman Hospital First an HR rep calls to do a 15-20 minute screening. Then an Staffing Consultant emails you to schedule an interview within the next 2 weeks. Met with the Staffing Consultant for about 15-20 minutes. It was strictly behavioral. Then sent me off to interview with the Director of Finance. The DOF was such a nice/ pleasant person. Lasted about 45 minutes. Lastly met with team members of finance. Lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't in position to negotiate.

Speech Therapy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview that was conducted. Questions about self, job, and strengths and weaknesses were asked. Got this by an employee referral. The process was pretty easy. Met with the therapy supervisor, she asked some questions and looked over my resume. in the end I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   2 Answers

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Great communication and follow-up with HR as well as hiring manager. Very flexible with my schedule and availability. Quick process and very organised on all fronts. One of the better interviewing processes I've been through.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, it was your standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call interview about a month and a half later. Followed by an interview with the human resource recruiter, the floor manager, and then a panel interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

First meet with HR who discusses the job and pay. Same day I met with the manager of the unit I applied for and had a 1:1 interview with her where she discussed my past experience and what I would do in certain scenarios. A few days later I came back and had a peer interview with 2 nurse leaders and a nursing assistance who asked me questions regarding how I interact in the workplace and about personality etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about prioritizing your patient workload for the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I was not in a position to negotiate.

Unit Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, got called within a week. Interview was set within a week. The people who interviewed me were very nice and kind. Also very very understanding if you're nervous, which boosted my confidence personally. The Clinical Manager who interviewed me was nice and the ACM was also very nice to me too. Got to see the hospital a bit and was given the background of the Unit in which I was to work for and expectations. It was very calm and there really was no tension at all. Got hired 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations