Advocate Health Care

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fitness Specialist Interview

Fitness Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview Details – Tough to get in. First 5 qualified candidates are interviewed. If no one is selected, the next 5 qualified candidates repeat the process. HR interview. Hiring manager interview. Peer interview panel. Questions are all service related.

Interview Question – Describe a time you saw a coworker do something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in April 2010.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Very basic screening interview to start. Then up the ladder starting with assistant director. Overall their HR department has a very good handle on how to move through the process

Interview Question – my most difficult is always tell me your greatness weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – awkward

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in November 2013.

Interview Details – went through kelly services, it was pretty easy. applied and called them, they put me on this list, and once they had a new class starting they called me with the start date. I took a TB test drug test and all. Them completed 4 online testing. It wasnt hard.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a patient who is yelling and screaming at you   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in August 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, personality test (lie or you will be denied from any hires for a minimum of 6 months), recruiting event, phone interview, in person interview by management and 2 doctors and staff for the first in person interview, second interview interview by management, doctor and RN. Then a mandatory training session to learn about advocate and orientation. Also drug testing, etc. Then you may start.

Interview Question – How have you handled disagreements in the workplace? In the past have you ever found yourself doing something not in your job description, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Medical assistant with 1 year less experience is paid the same as myself.

PT Interview

PT

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview Details – Group interview and manager interview, HR interview

Interview Question – Name a situation when you made a mistake and how you rectified the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tricky they will use comp ratios from other sites and facilities to negotiate your rate down. You must be able to explain the value you are seeking, you must describe responsibility and tie your value to your job.

Patient Access Interview

Patient Access

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was more about what you know and the experience you had.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Contact Center Agent I Interview

Contact Center Agent I
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from HR, did a face to face interview with HR, did another quick interview with the department supervisor and got an offer. Basic questions, why advocate, why this job, etc...

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all, they don't care about your education and your previous experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in July 2011.

Interview Details – The communication with HR was good, however with the hiring mgr wasn't that great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Medical Technician Interview

Medical Technician
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received phone call next day for brief phone interview. Then was phone interviewed again by that persons manager. Then did 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. 1 week later was asked back to job shadow. The HR department was very friendly and helpful.
HR asked about strengths, weakness, what I consider good customer service, where I see myself in 5 years. The manager asked more technical questions like what software and equipment I was familiar with, shifts I would be available.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Operations Improvement Consultant III Interview

Operations Improvement Consultant III
Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advocate Health Care in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 2 people (Management Selection Consultant and Director of Ops).
Thought the interview with both people went very well and the Director even commented that she knew I could definetely do the job and do it well. I applied for the position 4 months earlier and I asked if they were interviewing actively and I was told they were conducting 1-2 interviews per month and have not found anyone that they felt was a good fit with their executive team. Several days later I received a form letter email indicating they were going to pursue other candidates and the job was reposted again on the job sites. Also I Interviewed for a lower level position 2 years earlier with this same group and the Director said my name looked familiar but until she entered the room and saw me in person that she then remembered me. I asked via email for feedback regarding my interview and received no response from either person which I thought was very rude. Not at all impressed with this companies hiring practices.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to break something negative to someone and how did you do it and how was it perceived.   Answer Question

Worked for Advocate Health Care? Contribute to the Community!