Advocate Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

Speech Therapy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview that was conducted. Questions about self, job, and strengths and weaknesses were asked. Got this by an employee referral. The process was pretty easy. Met with the therapy supervisor, she asked some questions and looked over my resume. in the end I got an offer.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Great communication and follow-up with HR as well as hiring manager. Very flexible with my schedule and availability. Quick process and very organised on all fronts. One of the better interviewing processes I've been through.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, it was your standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call interview about a month and a half later. Followed by an interview with the human resource recruiter, the floor manager, and then a panel interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

First meet with HR who discusses the job and pay. Same day I met with the manager of the unit I applied for and had a 1:1 interview with her where she discussed my past experience and what I would do in certain scenarios. A few days later I came back and had a peer interview with 2 nurse leaders and a nursing assistance who asked me questions regarding how I interact in the workplace and about personality etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about prioritizing your patient workload for the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I was not in a position to negotiate.

Unit Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advocate Health Care in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, got called within a week. Interview was set within a week. The people who interviewed me were very nice and kind. Also very very understanding if you're nervous, which boosted my confidence personally. The Clinical Manager who interviewed me was nice and the ACM was also very nice to me too. Got to see the hospital a bit and was given the background of the Unit in which I was to work for and expectations. It was very calm and there really was no tension at all.

Got hired 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Fitness Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Tough to get in. First 5 qualified candidates are interviewed. If no one is selected, the next 5 qualified candidates repeat the process. HR interview. Hiring manager interview. Peer interview panel. Questions are all service related.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you saw a coworker do something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

PT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Group interview and manager interview, HR interview

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you made a mistake and how you rectified the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tricky they will use comp ratios from other sites and facilities to negotiate your rate down. You must be able to explain the value you are seeking, you must describe responsibility and tie your value to your job.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advocate Health Care (Park Ridge, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Great. First contacted by HR. This was followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face interview with HR. Followed by manager interview and finally a peer panel of 5. Professional and thorough however staff is incredibly warm and receptive.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. Long term goals. And reason for seeking Advocate. Concerns to the unit. Obstacles in professional career with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not go through a negotiation phase it was disclosed upfront what the average salary is for the position and I was asked if knowing this information if I would be interested in moving forward at the initial phone call from HR.

Customer Service Interview

Application

interviewed at Advocate Health Care in November 2013.

Interview

went through kelly services, it was pretty easy. applied and called them, they put me on this list, and once they had a new class starting they called me with the start date. I took a TB test drug test and all. Them completed 4 online testing. It wasnt hard.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a patient who is yelling and screaming at you   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advocate Health Care in August 2012.

Interview

Apply online, personality test (lie or you will be denied from any hires for a minimum of 6 months), recruiting event, phone interview, in person interview by management and 2 doctors and staff for the first in person interview, second interview interview by management, doctor and RN. Then a mandatory training session to learn about advocate and orientation. Also drug testing, etc. Then you may start.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled disagreements in the workplace? In the past have you ever found yourself doing something not in your job description, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. Medical assistant with 1 year less experience is paid the same as myself.