Aegis Living

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.6

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aegis Living.

Spoke to lots of different people and had to wait quite a bit before any contact as to what was the next step. Final interview process included speaking to five people in one day. Overall a process in which I had to push myself and grow.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you have this position? What can you do for us?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aegis Living in March 2014.

long process but worth it! I had to go to Seattle to meet with the Executive Team! Best interview ever! unusual how slow it is but after I got the offer I realized how important and how serious they took my process!

Interview Questions
    You will do great! Great support and lots of opportunities

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aegis Living in November 2013.

I was called for an interview. When I arrived there were many other candidates there. It was a group interview , which I found very uncomfortable. There was no follow up as far as notification that they had hired somebody else.

Beware of Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aegis Living in September 2013.

Invited to an open house and interview for Director of Operations. Accepted and went to interview only to find it was a group interview with 7 other candidates. I was totally surprised and would not have gone had I known it was a group interview. I should have been told. And who does group interviews anyways? They even break you into smaller groups to do a group exercise with other applicants. Really bizarre. Turned me off.

Interview Questions
    • At end of group interview they ask you which candidate in the group you would pick for job. Huh? Really? Weirdest interview process I have been through.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aegis Living.

Applied online. Resume wasn't received. Dropped resume at home office. Received a call after follow up a couple weeks later. Phone interview with HR rep. Called for group interview. 3 hour group interview with 10 other candidates and 4 employees. Shared personality traits, life experiences, team exercise. Interview with supervisor and two other co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been in a situation where you were asked to do something you weren't comfortable with? What was it and how did you handle it? Also, which of the other candidates would you hire for the job.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aegis Living.

Truly a unique interview process. Group interview to start with members of the team, executive staff, and other candidates. Asked to share, if comfortable, so very personal thoughts.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult personal decision you've ever had to make   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, and they listened.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Aegis Living.

Contacted by recruiter working for Aegis and went through multiple phone conversations which than turned into phone conversation with Aegis staff. Multiple meetings and interviews with corporate officers and field team

Interview Questions
    • There were several, but focus was Aegis making sure their candidates are a good cultural fit with company values   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aegis Living in March 2013.

Fantastic. I was contacted by a recruiter and had two telephone interviews prior to being flown to Seattle for a face to face, including time spent with the founder of the company. I met with no less than 5 Corporate officers as well as two Human Resource Managers.
    The process was a bit drawn out but that was due to my desire to visit two of the
    Aegis communities. The training was fantastic as well. I was trained in all aspects of the business and in multiple communities so as to get a great overall view .

Interview Questions
    • Who do you credit for you being the person you are today and why?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Aegis Living in November 2012.

long 5 months. Disappointment: being sent for interviews out of state & not getting reimbursed for expenses incurred as promised.Diligent companies follow up with candidates or send a regret out of respect for their time in their job search. you are left hanging with Aegis!

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was being asked if I was willing to relocate close to a potential residence and being told that all directors are within 10 minutes of their appointment communities. (This is not the case by the way). There are directors who I met during the interviews who actually live an hour drive away from their appointed communities.
      Another confusing thing was being offered a position less of the position applied and interviewed for all along. It was very confusing. I had to put a pause when I "smelled a rat".

View Answer

I was offered a a position different than what I applied and very informally via telephone during one of my final "interviews"; It was unethical considering they had already interviewed me several times. I was also being offered the position on conditions of moving, where I am a drive away and had only opted to accept relocation out of town. It was a long and confusing process but a very ironically enlightning one.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aegis Living.

Group interview. 3 step process, final interview was with the CEO. The interview was something that you do not see in a typical interview. Skills are discovered through the resume review process so the whole process is very much focused on cultural fit. There is a large emphasis on how you are going to work with the people around you not so much how you are going to change the community you go into.

Interview Questions
    • What place would you like to live in when you require this level of care.   Answer Question
    Very simple