Aegis Living

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Aegis Living.

Interview Details – Spoke to lots of different people and had to wait quite a bit before any contact as to what was the next step. Final interview process included speaking to five people in one day. Overall a process in which I had to push myself and grow.

Interview Question – Why should you have this position? What can you do for us?   Answer Question

Business Office Manager Interview

Business Office Manager
Issaquah, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aegis Living in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview. When I arrived there were many other candidates there. It was a group interview , which I found very uncomfortable. There was no follow up as far as notification that they had hired somebody else.

Interview Question – If you were an animal what would you be?   Answer Question

Beware of Interview Process Interview

Beware of Interview Process
Corte Madera, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aegis Living in September 2013.

Interview Details – Invited to an open house and interview for Director of Operations. Accepted and went to interview only to find it was a group interview with 7 other candidates. I was totally surprised and would not have gone had I known it was a group interview. I should have been told. And who does group interviews anyways? They even break you into smaller groups to do a group exercise with other applicants. Really bizarre. Turned me off.

Interview Question – At end of group interview they ask you which candidate in the group you would pick for job. Huh? Really? Weirdest interview process I have been through.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aegis Living.

Interview Details – Applied online. Resume wasn't received. Dropped resume at home office. Received a call after follow up a couple weeks later. Phone interview with HR rep. Called for group interview. 3 hour group interview with 10 other candidates and 4 employees. Shared personality traits, life experiences, team exercise. Interview with supervisor and two other co-workers.

Interview Question – Have you been in a situation where you were asked to do something you weren't comfortable with? What was it and how did you handle it? Also, which of the other candidates would you hire for the job.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aegis Living in March 2013.

Interview Details – Fantastic. I was contacted by a recruiter and had two telephone interviews prior to being flown to Seattle for a face to face, including time spent with the founder of the company. I met with no less than 5 Corporate officers as well as two Human Resource Managers.
The process was a bit drawn out but that was due to my desire to visit two of the
Aegis communities. The training was fantastic as well. I was trained in all aspects of the business and in multiple communities so as to get a great overall view .

Interview Question – Who do you credit for you being the person you are today and why?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Aegis Living in November 2012.

Interview Details – long 5 months. Disappointment: being sent for interviews out of state & not getting reimbursed for expenses incurred as promised.Diligent companies follow up with candidates or send a regret out of respect for their time in their job search. you are left hanging with Aegis!

Interview Question – Most difficult question was being asked if I was willing to relocate close to a potential residence and being told that all directors are within 10 minutes of their appointment communities. (This is not the case by the way). There are directors who I met during the interviews who actually live an hour drive away from their appointed communities.
Another confusing thing was being offered a position less of the position applied and interviewed for all along. It was very confusing. I had to put a pause when I "smelled a rat".
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered a a position different than what I applied and very informally via telephone during one of my final "interviews"; It was unethical considering they had already interviewed me several times. I was also being offered the position on conditions of moving, where I am a drive away and had only opted to accept relocation out of town. It was a long and confusing process but a very ironically enlightning one.

Very Difficult Interview

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aegis Living.

Interview Details – Truly a unique interview process. Group interview to start with members of the team, executive staff, and other candidates. Asked to share, if comfortable, so very personal thoughts.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult personal decision you've ever had to make   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, and they listened.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aegis Living.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter working for Aegis and went through multiple phone conversations which than turned into phone conversation with Aegis staff. Multiple meetings and interviews with corporate officers and field team

Interview Question – There were several, but focus was Aegis making sure their candidates are a good cultural fit with company values   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aegis Living.

Interview Details – Group interview. 3 step process, final interview was with the CEO. The interview was something that you do not see in a typical interview. Skills are discovered through the resume review process so the whole process is very much focused on cultural fit. There is a large emphasis on how you are going to work with the people around you not so much how you are going to change the community you go into.

Interview Question – What place would you like to live in when you require this level of care.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aegis Living in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone, Skype, In person
Upscale Corporate office setting in Redmond, WA

Interview Question – All questions were fair and pertinent   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aegis Living

Worked for Aegis Living? Contribute to the Community!