Aegon USA

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Credit Research Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aegon USA.

First interview was on campus after I applied online. Mostly behavioral questions (resume, tell me about a time when, etc.) and some high level economic questions to gauge my interest in the markets. Also talked about classes I had taken and books that I had read. Second interview was in Cedar Rapids at the main building with 3-4 analysts in one large hour long interview. More behavioral questions and some more in-depth questions on the markets and companies I follow. Everyone was very friendly and nice. There were no "bad cop" players that you see in a few other company interviews.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aegon USA.

It took about a month after initial application to be called, but after that the next two interviews moved quickly. The recruiter was very professional and forthcoming. The hiring manager was also very pleasant and came across as sincere. This organization strikes me as having some growing pains, but is headed in a positive, proactive direction.

Interview Questions
    • It was regarding a project where unexpected challenges came up and how they were handled.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Phone screen and Face-to-face.

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aegon USA in March 2012.

I was called to set up a phone interview which was set for the next week. The phone interview was 20-30 minutes. I was called to set up an in-person interview the next week. The in-person interview first had me perform a typing skill test in the HR office. I was given a few minutes to practice and then could start the timed test when I was ready. It was filling out the fields in a database, copying from a hard copy. Then a person from the department the position was with took me to a conference room for the interview. She was very nice and asked basic questions about my experience. I thought it went very well but did not get an offer.

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aegon USA in February 2012.

HR contacted me and set up an interview. She started talking about salary for the get go. I went on the interview. When go to the building I met with HR, she was very nice and personable. She brought me up to a conference room in two employees greeted me and walked me inside. There was a male and female. The male was the supervisor on the position I was interviewing for. He told me about the position, and the female just sat there. Then he asked me "tell me about yourself" I proceeded with the sh-peal and asked more question based on my experience. He seemed very sheltered like he had not ever worked outside of the company (found out that it was not the case by researching him on linkedin). He asked me question that were very entry leave while the female sat and watched. They were true number crunchers, no personality.

Interview Questions
    • So tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Do you think that you will be able to understand the accounting involved.   View Answer

Accounting Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aegon USA in October 2011.

I applied through my university's career website and talked with the firm at an accounting specific career fair put on by Beta Alpha Psi. I got invited for an on campus interview shortly thereafter.

Their application is incredibly long and is meant for a full-time hire, which is annoying if you're applying for an internship.

The interview was essentially what I expected. A normal face-to-face with two reps from the Cedar Rapids office. However, it was the shortest interview I've ever had. It was only about 20 minutes total. At first I thought it was because I tanked it, but after talking with others they had the same experience.

Unlike other professional interviews it was just them filling out a form with my responses to their questions. They never maintained eye contact and didn't seem interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you had to make an important decision without all of the pertinent information?   Answer Question
    • What's something interesting about you that we can't see on your resume?   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aegon USA in September 2010.

The interview questions included: why do you apply for this position? How much do you know about AEGON? What is asset allocation? What do you try to accomplish within 5 years? Why not public accounting firm? (I'm double major in accounting and finance)

Operations Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aegon USA in August 2010.

2 interviews conducted in a short amount of time. They are in a hurry to fill position - looking for someone that wants to be salary - $40K ish - working 50 - 60 hours each week. Be sure to meet the supervisor, you can tell by the employees reaction it is not an enjoyable place to work.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aegon USA in April 2010.

I was very disappointed at the end of the interview. I was told at the end of a one hour presentation that I would have to pay $100 up front for a background check. Because you would more than likely be entering peoples' homes to advise them of their financial needs, they need to make sure you do not have a criminal record. The gentleman who interviewed me definitely wanted to me to see that I could make more than an hourly base pay with a commission only income. If you don't want commission only, pass up on this interview. It's a complete waste of your time. After I told him I needed time to think it over with my family, he tried to talk me into inviting my family for a presentation to learn more about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing in 5-10 years?   View Answer

Because I feel that it is up to the employer to pay for a background check, not me.

Portfolio Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aegon USA in March 2010.

Strong goal to find appropriate fit within the organization. Minimal technical questions typically they were geared toward fixed income (bonds, mbs, etc.). Several behavior questions while interviewing with a panel of 5 people on the team.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about duration? Can you describe what duration is?   Answer Question