Aegon USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator

Interviewed at Aegon USA

Interview Details – Phone screen and Face-to-face.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aegon USA in October 2009.

Interview Details – In my case, they came to my home, a manager & a trainee, shared information w/my wife & myself about the company, it's growth, goals, benefits, & even it's detriments, as well as what role I would be required to take in my own future development. I asked all of the questions that I could think of asking, answers were given frankly & freely, & both my wife & I felt comfortable about what I'd be doing in representing the firm... It was a very good experiance, & I felt that they truly cared about, & wished for me to have an exciting future with their company.

Interview Question – They asked me what my goals truly meant to me, & if I was, in fact, willing to work toward accomplishing them, then they asked what price I would be willing to pay to see the success I needed to accomplish... I wasn't sure how to answer them, then was asked if I would be willing to trust them to have my best interests in mind... I've never been asked that before.   View Answer

Licensing Specialist Interview

Licensing Specialist
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aegon USA in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was called to set up a phone interview which was set for the next week. The phone interview was 20-30 minutes. I was called to set up an in-person interview the next week. The in-person interview first had me perform a typing skill test in the HR office. I was given a few minutes to practice and then could start the timed test when I was ready. It was filling out the fields in a database, copying from a hard copy. Then a person from the department the position was with took me to a conference room for the interview. She was very nice and asked basic questions about my experience. I thought it went very well but did not get an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about your work experience.   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Financial Reporting Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Aegon USA in February 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted me and set up an interview. She started talking about salary for the get go. I went on the interview. When go to the building I met with HR, she was very nice and personable. She brought me up to a conference room in two employees greeted me and walked me inside. There was a male and female. The male was the supervisor on the position I was interviewing for. He told me about the position, and the female just sat there. Then he asked me "tell me about yourself" I proceeded with the sh-peal and asked more question based on my experience. He seemed very sheltered like he had not ever worked outside of the company (found out that it was not the case by researching him on linkedin). He asked me question that were very entry leave while the female sat and watched. They were true number crunchers, no personality.

Interview Questions

Accounting Internship Interview

Accounting Internship
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Aegon USA in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career website and talked with the firm at an accounting specific career fair put on by Beta Alpha Psi. I got invited for an on campus interview shortly thereafter.

Their application is incredibly long and is meant for a full-time hire, which is annoying if you're applying for an internship.

The interview was essentially what I expected. A normal face-to-face with two reps from the Cedar Rapids office. However, it was the shortest interview I've ever had. It was only about 20 minutes total. At first I thought it was because I tanked it, but after talking with others they had the same experience.

Unlike other professional interviews it was just them filling out a form with my responses to their questions. They never maintained eye contact and didn't seem interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to make an important decision without all of the pertinent information?   Answer Question
  • What's something interesting about you that we can't see on your resume?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Intern Interview

Portfolio Management Intern
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aegon USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Strong goal to find appropriate fit within the organization. Minimal technical questions typically they were geared toward fixed income (bonds, mbs, etc.). Several behavior questions while interviewing with a panel of 5 people on the team.

Interview Question – What do you know about duration? Can you describe what duration is?   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview

Investment Management
Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aegon USA in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions included: why do you apply for this position? How much do you know about AEGON? What is asset allocation? What do you try to accomplish within 5 years? Why not public accounting firm? (I'm double major in accounting and finance)

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Operations Systems Analyst Interview

Operations Systems Analyst
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aegon USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews conducted in a short amount of time. They are in a hurry to fill position - looking for someone that wants to be salary - $40K ish - working 50 - 60 hours each week. Be sure to meet the supervisor, you can tell by the employees reaction it is not an enjoyable place to work.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Corona, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aegon USA in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was very disappointed at the end of the interview. I was told at the end of a one hour presentation that I would have to pay $100 up front for a background check. Because you would more than likely be entering peoples' homes to advise them of their financial needs, they need to make sure you do not have a criminal record. The gentleman who interviewed me definitely wanted to me to see that I could make more than an hourly base pay with a commission only income. If you don't want commission only, pass up on this interview. It's a complete waste of your time. After I told him I needed time to think it over with my family, he tried to talk me into inviting my family for a presentation to learn more about the company.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5-10 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because I feel that it is up to the employer to pay for a background check, not me.

Technology Services MBA Intern Interview

Technology Services MBA Intern
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aegon USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online
Selected for interview
First round Phone Interview
Was brought on site for in person interviews - met with various managers including COO/CIO/IT Directors
Got feedback/offer the very next day!

The interview was very well organized.

Negotiation Details – No!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aegon USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aegon USA interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aegon USA employees and interview candidates.