Aera Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2014
Updated Jun 28, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aera Energy.

They came to the college and basically talked about the company's work culture and how much they focus on community involvement. I would suggest that you mention your volunteer skills in your resume because they really care about that sort of stuff. The lady from HR basically told us what they expect from their workers and very helpful in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward and nothing unexpected. They asked questions like "What is your biggest accomplishment?" and "Why Aera?"   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aera Energy.

I talked to one of the recruiters at my university career fair, and I was the first call-back after the event. I signed up for an interview time slot for the next day, where I was interviewed by a panel of 3 senior engineers, each with a different position/specialty in the field. They requested that I come with copies of my resume and transcript for each of my interviewers. They were all extremely friendly, and it was a very comfortable dialogue. It was an open conversation, and I think it was a very positive and genuine reflection of their small company culture. At the end of the interview, they told me that it would be the only interview I would need to do in order to be considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you didn't get along with a teammate.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Aera Energy.

The interview was conducted by two Aera employees with varying degrees of experience with the company. The interview was behavioral in nature, with a focus on team-oriented projects. It would behoove the interviewee to prepare for the interview by reviewing their strongest and weakest qualities so as to answer quickly and naturally without pause.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Spoke briefly with a recruiter at my university's career fair. Received a phone call that evening asking for an interview the following day.

Behavioral questions

Geoscientist Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aera Energy in October 2013.

We discussed my resume but there were was no script they were following.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you conflicted with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aera Energy in September 2013.

Recruiting team came to my school's career fair and I gave my resume to them at it. A week later I was notified I was accepted for an interview. Interview was a little over thirty minutes and the offer came about three weeks later. Interview was conducted by two people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you were in control of and any difficulties you faced while in that role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Penn State University, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aera Energy in September 2013.

Met the people from Aera at career fair at Penn State. They were quite friendly and accepted my resume. Called me up that night asking if I could come for an interview the morning. They said I'd get an email with the results in a few weeks but nobody got back to me after the interview. It's been a year now. I had bumped into one of the interviewers at ATCE New Orleans last year where I found out that I hadn't got the job.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions were very basic HR and read out from a prepared piece of paper. They migt as well have given it as a questionnaire to fill out rather than make it an interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed through school. Friendly interview team. Asked about ability to perform in team environments.

Interview Questions
    • What was an experience I had to work to overcome? And how did I do that?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aera Energy in October 2011.

It was a two stage process. One on campus which was fairly in-depth. They asked a lot of questions about the ability to work in teams. Then they asked me to come up to Bakersfield where the selected engineers were put through two rounds of interviews.
    One round was with the senior echelon of the company. Which was easier than the second round which was with the newer and younger engineers. They were less friendly and more business oriented.
    We also had to take a field trip with one of the engineers who showed us their offices and took us to the field to go see the plants and oil rigs they had in bakersfield. Overall interesting experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what your opinion is on diversity   View Answer

Worked for Aera Energy? Contribute to the Community!