Aeria Games

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at Aeria Games

Interview Details – Interview went in quite comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Technical as well as logical questions were asked.

Interview Question – General bug determination and cause assessment questions as well as some tech: SQL, Mac and mobile platforms knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Business Development

I applied online and interviewed at Aeria Games.

Interview Details – Quick hiring process

Interview Question – Simple resume questions   Answer Question

Game Master

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aeria Games in May 2013.

Interview Details – One of the girls in HR contacted me for the initial interview by phone. I came in and was quickly seen by two guys, each from a different area of the company. I thought it went well, and the next day I was invited to a second interview. This was a two-part interview, first with Renza and the second part with two more people from other areas again. I left optimistic, but didn't get an offer for the job or a third interview. I eventually got a response to my follow-up email saying they had filled the position internally. I thought Game Master was an entry-level position? Yeah, okay.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize a large, important project alongside your regular work duties?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I interviewed at Aeria Games in May 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter I dealt with was very unprofessional. I never had an unpleasant experience like this before.

Initial contact was made through email. He asked me for the best time to be contacted and I responded with a time preference before work (between 9am - 10 am) since I am currently employed and I didn't want to be taking interviews during work hours out of respect for my current employer.

He responded that the earliest he can do is 10am. I was hesitant at first because taking that time slot would mean being late for work. But I managed to reschedule some meetings and I sent over an email in agreement.

A couple of days pass and I did not get any confirmation email from him at all. I was a bit annoyed at this point but I let it slide since I figured that he must be busy and we would most likely have to do the interview another day.

The very next day, he called while I was on the train on my way to work. I was surprised and I asked him if I can call him back because the conversation would be hard to hear because of the background noise. He agreed. About fifteen minutes later right after I got to my destination, I called him and apologized. I heard an audible sigh from the other end and some mutterings about his busy schedule.

After a second of silence, he went straight to the standard phone screening questions in rapid-fire succession. It was very obvious he just wanted to get the process over with.

Everything went downhill when we got to the salary history question.

Now, I highly dislike recruiters asking about my salary history. I feel that it is a personal matter and I only divulge that kind of information to my immediate family, significant other, and a few trusted friends/co-workers. So I responded as diplomatically as I could. Right in the middle of explaining to him the reasons why I won't give him my salary history, he cut me off and berated me for "playing games". He threatened to end the call right then if he doesn't get a dollar figure.

I was taken aback but I managed to compose myself and tried to salvage the situation. I explained myself one more time and politely asked him why he needs to know my current salary so bad. He seemed to calm down a bit and replied that the Web Developer position has a budgeted salary range and they didn't want to waste time interviewing candidates that fall outside the range they've defined.

I then asked him, "Ok. So what is the salary range budgeted for this position?"

I heard him pause, then stammered a bit before saying, "Hey, I asked you the salary question first!"

Oh my god. Are we back in grade school now? I asked you first. No...I asked YOU first...blah blah blah

Thankfully, I did not let it get to that. It is clear that I will not be going anywhere dealing with such an individual so I just gave him a few more polite words then ended the call.

Interview Question – What is your current salary?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Translator Interview

Translator
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aeria Games in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through a posting on Craigslist. Got an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone chat, which was mainly an introduction for the position. No interview questions asked. Then scheduled for an on-site interview. It was a bit awkward because I walked in, and there was no one at the front desk. So I sat down on a couch and waited for someone to walk by so that I could ask them for help. After the skills test, the manager brought in two other people. They sat with their heads looking down at my resume, probably because it was their first time looked at it. It was sort of silent as I waited for them to ask me questions. Overall, I had to remind the manager about giving me updates and I expected more questions at the interview! Looked like a cool company with exciting projects, but too bad I didn't make the cut! :(

Interview Question – Tell me about your education experience. Questions about resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aeria Games in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the software engineering team lead first. After that, I was asked for a project done in the past. After a week of reviewing, I got some more assignment from the team lead. After passing those assignments, I got a date for onsite interview 1 on 1 with the team lead. Two week later, I got the main interview with the current CTO, the architect, and several members of the engineering team.

Interview Question – Twenty five horse racing   Answer Question

Business Interview

Business
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aeria Games in June 2010.

Interview Details – One phone conversation with the HR manager then followed up with an onsite with direct manager. Usually needs to talk to more than 2 coworkers plus the manager. Young company with lots of energy but prepare for hard work. The interview questions are mostly profession related so be prepared

Interview Question – What differentiate Aeriagames from other companies?   Answer Question

Mobile Product Manager Interview

Mobile Product Manager

Interviewed at Aeria Games

Interview Details – +4 weeks to get in touch. Telephone interview and endless wait to say NO. Candidates dont like to lose our time... Of course you can say no, but feedback and reasons are always welcome...

Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aeria Games in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on LinkedIn for this position based in Berlin. Got a call may be within 2 weeks by HR girl. She wanted to proceed right away with second interview but I was not available. Scheduled it over skype for the end of the week. There were 2-3 people. I was asked about previous jobs online, how would my current boss position me and where I see myself in 3 years. It wasn't a problem I don't play their games. After Skype panel they sent me 2 abstracts to translate from Russian into English which is like piece of cake and gave me 30 mins. They were all very nice and I got offer on Monday by phone. It was very cute, something like "you are awesome we want you aboard". The company indeed impressed me because of seemingly vivid atmosphere but due to low salary and personal reasons I had to turn the offer down.

Interview Questions

• What if you ban a player and he claims to suicide next day and actually does it?   View Answer
  • Describe most difficult support ticket you did at your last online job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary and family reasons

Very Easy Interview

Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aeria Games in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty basic, with general questions about my experience in industry and games in general, later I've had a written test (usual "answer customer questions")

Interview Question – There wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate much, except for some relocation money. Everything else was pretty standard.

Worked for Aeria Games? Contribute to the Community!