Aerie by American Eagle

Updated Dec 8, 2014

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle.

I initially picked up an application, then returned it a few days later. I walked in to turn in my application and resume and the Store Manager gave me an interview right there. We walked to an empty part of the store away from customers and other associates and she asked me a few questions. She must have thought my answers sufficient because she offered me the job right there.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in which you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
There was no negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Aerie by American Eagle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in November 2014.

I called the store and asked if they were hiring and the lady said that they were but they had no applications because they were back ordered and told me to try calling again in the future...Really? I decided to apply at a different mall and while I was there, I grabbed another app to take it to the other store (they're close together otherwise I wouldn't have bothered) I turned it in and about a week later I got a call from a manager asking if I want to come in for an interview a few days later.

I showed up and I told the girl who was the manager that I was there for an interview and she said "Yeah hold on I got something I need to do" she couldn't find my app behind the desk and I was waiting for about 10 min. I was annoyed and pissed off and I was getting ready to walk out when she finally find it. She apologized and took me into the fitting room area with seating. By then I didn't care if I tried or not. She asked me questions like "have you ever been in any competition where you had to get a certain amount of cards" "Tell me about yourself" "Why Aerie" "Tell me a time where you gave great customer service" "Tell me a time where you had to do a presentation in a group project" It was then my turn to ask and since I have another job I just asked about the scheduling and when it came out. I then had to take the personality test and that was it. She said she would give it to her manager and I would get a call. It's been a week and I still have not received a call but I didn't want to work there after that bad experience.

manager and other girls were not inviting at all and the scheduling would not work with my current job anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in August 2014.

The interview was great! I am in my local Aerie store often, and the lady who interviewed me was really sweet! I filled out an application on the spot, and got the interview right away.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to leave your previous job? What skills did that job provide you with?   Answer Question

Different job offer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in June 2014.

I saw that Aerie was hiring online and applied in-store. I briefly talked to the manager and she gave me a time later that day to interview with her. After the interview I was asked to take a personality test to see which position I would qualify for. I finished the test and she thanked me for coming. The manager called the following Monday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to call your former manager or friends what would they say about your work ethic?
      How did you handle customer complaints?

Answer Question

Neither the manager or the associates were inviting. In addition I was offered a sales and merchandising position with years of experience so minimum wage wasn't worth it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in September 2013.

The process is simple and very cute to be honest, you get asked questions like "If I were going away for the weekend some where what do you think I should wear" and you would go around the store and pick out an outfit.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get someone to sign up for an AE or Aerie credit card.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle.

Worked cashier and also the floors. Basic duties included cleaning the floors, dusting, putting clothes away, folding clothes, and upkeep ing the clothes so they are in good shape. Also tended to customers on the floor, cashier, and in the fitting room. It was stressful sometimes because they push you to gat customers to sign up for credit cards. There are incentives and if you don't... You just a name at the bottom of the chart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in November 2012.

I came in and talked to the manager right away. She was super chill and sweet. We went to the front corner of the store and conducted the interview. She asked the basic questions and said she really liked my honestly. It took about 15 minutes and she said I got the job right there on the spot. Best interview I ever had.

Interview Questions
    • What was it like working at my last job?   View Answer
    She asked what I wanted to get paid and gave it to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in October 2010.

There were 3 girls in my group interviews. The first group interview was more a of a "let's get to know each other type of thing". The second interview was more direct questions about situations and the company. Both times the managers were late to the interview, which i thought was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in October 2010.

They were great about the hiring process. They like to talk to people who submit applications, and if they like you, they are more likely to interview you. Some people get hired on the spot, but that hardly ever happens. When I applied, I spoke to the same manager who eventually hired me. The interview was very informal, more like a conversation. They called with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself as an animal, what would it be? I hate this question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in May 2010.

everything was really easy. for sales associate jobs, employers aren't particularly strict on college or highschool students. if you have the right availability and experience, they notice you right away. also, if you really want to stand out in their memory, speak up.