Aerie by American Eagle

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I saw that Aerie was hiring online and applied in-store. I briefly talked to the manager and she gave me a time later that day to interview with her. After the interview I was asked to take a personality test to see which position I would qualify for. I finished the test and she thanked me for coming. The manager called the following Monday to offer me the position.

Interview Question – If I were to call your former manager or friends what would they say about your work ethic?
How did you handle customer complaints?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Neither the manager or the associates were inviting. In addition I was offered a sales and merchandising position with years of experience so minimum wage wasn't worth it.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in October 2010.

Interview Details – They were great about the hiring process. They like to talk to people who submit applications, and if they like you, they are more likely to interview you. Some people get hired on the spot, but that hardly ever happens. When I applied, I spoke to the same manager who eventually hired me. The interview was very informal, more like a conversation. They called with an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – If you could describe yourself as an animal, what would it be? I hate this question.   Answer Question

Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in November 2012.

Interview Details – I came in and talked to the manager right away. She was super chill and sweet. We went to the front corner of the store and conducted the interview. She asked the basic questions and said she really liked my honestly. It took about 15 minutes and she said I got the job right there on the spot. Best interview I ever had.

Interview Question – What was it like working at my last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She asked what I wanted to get paid and gave it to me.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle.

Interview Details – Worked cashier and also the floors. Basic duties included cleaning the floors, dusting, putting clothes away, folding clothes, and upkeep ing the clothes so they are in good shape. Also tended to customers on the floor, cashier, and in the fitting room. It was stressful sometimes because they push you to gat customers to sign up for credit cards. There are incentives and if you don't... You just a name at the bottom of the chart.

Interview Question – It was pretty straightforward. Describe yourself?   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in October 2009.

Interview Details – Casual, group setting, not many questions, did role playing sales scenario.

Interview Question – What is your least favorite store in the mall and why?   Answer Question

Concord, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in October 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 girls in my group interviews. The first group interview was more a of a "let's get to know each other type of thing". The second interview was more direct questions about situations and the company. Both times the managers were late to the interview, which i thought was very unprofessional.

Interview Question – What is your favorite item from our brand new line?   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in May 2010.

Interview Details – everything was really easy. for sales associate jobs, employers aren't particularly strict on college or highschool students. if you have the right availability and experience, they notice you right away. also, if you really want to stand out in their memory, speak up.

Interview Question – when are you available?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in October 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me why choose Aerie and what do I know about company. Also, they asked what kind of skills I have.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakenss   Answer Question

Worked for Aerie by American Eagle? Contribute to the Community!