AeroFS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at AeroFS

Mobile Engineer Interview

Interview

Rejected at resume screening but was told that they wanted someone with more industry experience even though the job description says nothing about it. The screener acknowledged that it wasn't on the job description and did nothing about it. I don't think it's good for a company to lie like that, especially when job descriptions can be used against you in court.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AeroFS in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the director of engineering after applying at a career fair on campus. He asked me to do a coding challenge which i did within the week. Next I had a quick phone call with him and then they asked me to come on site for interviews. Office was really nice and well located, people were very friendly as well. I had 4 in person interviews. A bit later they indicated they would like to make me an offer, I spoke briefly with one of the founders before they made me a formal offer. They were very flexible throughout the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 interviews. All Technical. First with one of the co-founders. Phone screen: File system design 1. Concurrency. Work done. 2. There is a set of x,y coordinates. x=0, y=<some length>. Compute how much water gets accumulated (use calculus) 3. Simple bfs traversal related problem 4. Longest palindrome Qtn1: Less friendly co-founder. Comes in a with a prejudice. Qtn2: interviewer thinks very highly of himself. Should look for approach more than solution. 1,2 were hard to please. Best to let them go. 3,4 were super nice guys. I can say this is true for all their fresh junior, to somewhat senior guys.

Interview Questions

• 2. There is a set of x,y coordinates. x=0, y=&lt;some length&gt;. Compute how much water gets accumulated (use calculus)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AeroFS.

Interview

Sent my resume at our campus career fair and after following with the CEO via email, I had an interview after 4 days. The initial phone screen took an hour with 3 questions. This was done over the phone while I typed my code on stypi.com a collaborative source editor online.

Interview Questions

• Implement a file system class in C++ with the variables and methods that you feel is needed.   Answer Question