Aerojet Rocketdyne

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in November 2011.

Applied through company website. Screening interview with Recruiter by telephone within 2 weeks of application. On-site interview about a week later. Company flew me to the area and provided lodging/rental car & meals. Met with The hiring manager (Director) as well as Directors of other Departments who I would be working with on a daily basis. Pay, benefits and relocation details reviewed by HR. received verbal offer, followed-up in writing. Mandatory drug screening, pre-employment physical and credit check.

Interview Questions
  • Explains recent job changes. I had a long, stable employment history for over 25 years, but due to downturns in economy, I made 3 job changes in 3 years. I was able to provide honest, reasonable explanations to satisfaction of the company. I also had prior work experience with the company and left on excellent terms.   Answer Question
Very brief. I was taking a position which was a lower level than what I currently held. I wanted to move for both personal and professional reasons. Was happy to get an offer commensurate with my current salary with short-term promotion opportunity.