Aerojet Rocketdyne

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QUality Inspector II Interview

QUality Inspector II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview Details – From first offer it will take upwards of 3 months to hear back for a start date.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that would deemed unexpected   Answer Question

Project Engineering Intern Interview

Project Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in April 2014.

Interview Details – I got the interview through UCLA's career center website. I submitted my resume into the system and waited about a month and a half to hear back from the company for an interview. I sat down with one of the company representatives, who turned out to be a project manager. He asked me a couple behavioral questions, which were pretty typical and expected. Interviewer was easy going and we were able to make conversations for about an hour or so. He said I would hear back from them in about 2 to 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – What would you say is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview Details – Great interview with local manager and Engineering director.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult to negotiate with but will if there is a defined reason with explanation.

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in October 2013.

Interview Details – A nightmare. Did not meet with the people I was supposed to and was left sitting in the lobby for 45 minutes. Very rude. I was there an hour early to survey the job site.

Interview Question – The definition of an acronym with which I was familiar, just not the acronym.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

Interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by the HR department to set up a phone interview since I was away at school. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and I was not asked to complete programming problems. Most of the interview consisted of my background and the different experiences I had working in groups or alone. I was received a call a week later, notifying me that I received the job. Everyone in the process was very helpful and kind, and they returned my calls very promptly. The only difficulty was that company policy required a drug screening within 5 days of accepting their offer for employment. I did not have a car at my college and going to a pre-selected lab in the middle of my busy week was definitely a hassle. However all in all, a great place to work at.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were part of a group of any kind that ran into a conflict. What was the conflict and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was an intern so there was no negotiation, and I had no argument to the pay they were giving me as a student who just completed their first year of college. ($25!)

Senior Environmental Safety Engineer Interview

Senior Environmental Safety Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in September 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with my counterpart from our sister facility in Camden, AK. I visited the Los Angeles site and looked at two facilities.

Interview Question – I was asked more about my experience and there were no questions or problems to solve. They needed to hire someone quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't

Very Easy Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was the result of a campus job fair. Flew out to interview with several hiring managers. The questions were all either about background or easy "fit interview" questions. There was no technical assessment.

After the interview, I was contacted by HR with a contract offer. The company representatives were very evasive and I felt they were playing games with me. Though I was very interested in the type of work they do, because I had interviewed for a permanent position and because I had other, more favorable, offers from better companies, I asked for higher compensation to offset the uncertainty of working under contract. When they did not respond, I declined their offer and took another position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to resolve a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had better offers and I did not feel like the company was treating me with a reasonable level of respect. Their questionable behavior during the interview and offer process was the main reason I declined their offer.

X-ray Tech Interview

X-ray Tech

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview Details – I had worked there as a Government Quality Representative, inspecting There Quality program, and checking the Quality of there work, for nine years. I retired from the Govt. five years later I called one of the Engineers I had worked with, and told him I needed a job, he was now the Director of QA, so he hired me into the next opening, because he liked my work when I was there before.

Interview Question – There wasn't any questions, I was hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard Union wage.

Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed, simple, straight forward. I was interviewed by then supervisor Don Mayer. He even bought me a milkshake. The interview was conducted in the cafeteria, or what was known as "Cactus Jack's" Don Mayer asked me if he sent me out to fix something, could I handle it. My answer was "yes".

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Compensation Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted by a member of staffing, asked a few questions and then set-up a face to face interview. The interview was panel style with the hiring manager, and the other incumbents I would be working with. The interview went fairly quickly, and was only asked about my qualifications, no questions on strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – They only asked me questions about my qualifications, no questions like "tell me about a time...."   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aerojet Rocketdyne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aerojet Rocketdyne interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aerojet Rocketdyne employees and interview candidates.