Aerojet Rocketdyne Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

It was very relaxing. Had an amazing conversation with the interviewer. No unexpected questions were asked. No behavioral questions. For the first 10 minutes he talked about the company, and after that he asked me why I would like to work there. The entire interview lasted about an hour or so and he was very pleased to talk to me. But he wasn't the hiring manager, so he could not make the decision.

Logistics Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in February 2015.

Went to the facility arrived a little early and initial impressions were pleasant. BUT..... one of the interviewers wanted me to drive to another building and tag along in my car. This was a little disturbing as you don't know if they are surreptitiously checking out your car. Interview was a panel interview. I thought the questions were intelligent and smart. I was given a very good impression that I was going to be selected, even as I was walked out the door. Comments were overwhelmingly positive. HOWEVER...... nothing. Waited. Waited. Waited. emailed twice. No response. Then I call and get a lame excuse "We were going to call you but someone else was selected." Very upset at this lack of professional followup behavior. This was a position I was well qualified for and I really had liked the company, but not following through in the selection process, not notifying applicants in a timely manner and not answering emails is simply inexcusable. Not only disappointed I wasn't selected (that I can take), but quite upset at the lack of professionalism from a company that puts on a professional air.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you incorporated change and developed your employees.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Phone interview, followed by panel interview session, followed by 1:1 interview; weeks of dwell time throughout the process; follow-up between steps is non-existent (you have no idea what, if anything, is going on throughout the process); poor communication between candidate and company; inept HR department (lost documents/general confusion); enthusiasm for position and company waned by the time I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions were of the variety that one would expect.   Answer Question

QUality Inspector II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

From first offer it will take upwards of 3 months to hear back for a start date.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that would deemed unexpected   Answer Question

Project Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in April 2014.

I got the interview through UCLA's career center website. I submitted my resume into the system and waited about a month and a half to hear back from the company for an interview. I sat down with one of the company representatives, who turned out to be a project manager. He asked me a couple behavioral questions, which were pretty typical and expected. Interviewer was easy going and we were able to make conversations for about an hour or so. He said I would hear back from them in about 2 to 3 weeks after the interview.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Great interview with local manager and Engineering director.

Interview Questions
    Difficult to negotiate with but will if there is a defined reason with explanation.

IT Intern Interview

I was originally contacted by the HR department to set up a phone interview since I was away at school. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and I was not asked to complete programming problems. Most of the interview consisted of my background and the different experiences I had working in groups or alone. I was received a call a week later, notifying me that I received the job. Everyone in the process was very helpful and kind, and they returned my calls very promptly. The only difficulty was that company policy required a drug screening within 5 days of accepting their offer for employment. I did not have a car at my college and going to a pre-selected lab in the middle of my busy week was definitely a hassle. However all in all, a great place to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were part of a group of any kind that ran into a conflict. What was the conflict and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    I was an intern so there was no negotiation, and I had no argument to the pay they were giving me as a student who just completed their first year of college. ($25!)

X-ray Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

I had worked there as a Government Quality Representative, inspecting There Quality program, and checking the Quality of there work, for nine years. I retired from the Govt. five years later I called one of the Engineers I had worked with, and told him I needed a job, he was now the Director of QA, so he hired me into the next opening, because he liked my work when I was there before.

Standard Union wage.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in October 2013.

A nightmare. Did not meet with the people I was supposed to and was left sitting in the lobby for 45 minutes. Very rude. I was there an hour early to survey the job site.

Interview Questions
    • The definition of an acronym with which I was familiar, just not the acronym.   Answer Question

Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

The interview was very relaxed, simple, straight forward. I was interviewed by then supervisor Don Mayer. He even bought me a milkshake. The interview was conducted in the cafeteria, or what was known as "Cactus Jack's" Don Mayer asked me if he sent me out to fix something, could I handle it. My answer was "yes".