Aerotek Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Mostly asked for more details regarding experience, such as salary history and specific role you played in each previous job. They also ask about your personal preferences in searching for jobs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Got called back after applying online just couple hours before. Simple questions on experiences and school. Got an email saying to keep them in mind as my graduation date is approaching.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

The process itself was completely unprofessional and I was uninformed the whole way through the job hunt. I would get calls about jobs from my recruiter that were completely unrelated to my field or ones that would only require a high school diploma to qualify for.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aerotek (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

my recruiter was out of the office prior to the day of my interview hence another recruiter was assigned to "prep" me for the interview. during our phone call, she only told me the name of the hiring manager. that's it!!!! she had no clue about anything else. upon giving them my 2-week notice, it's her again. she asked me all kinds of questions which i already told her i did not feel comfortable answering, such as who my new employer was, why i was looking for a new job, what my new employer does. seriously?!?!?! why wouldn't i keep looking for a full time job when they've got me an hourly job without a termed contract?!?! what was with the interrogation? bad attitude too. I'm glad that she wasn't the one working with me to get the job I had. I will be calling her boss tomorrow to give him some feedbacks. (Aerotek Kalamazoo, MI)

Interview Questions

• "Did you tell your recruiter that you were looking?" Of course not! Why would I have to tell him that I was looking for a longer term job? Isn't it obvious when you have an open-ended contract which can end any day you should be keeping an eye open? What made it worse was that she was asking as if I was committing a crime.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Braintree, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Basic "get to know you" type of interview, unfortunately wasn't called back.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Charleston, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Prepped for interview with contract employer Called and interviewed for 1 hour Called by contract company and asked if I could start in 3 days -- this included moving my family.

Interview Questions

• Spc Cpk vs Ppk   1 Answer
    • How to come up with data for occurences   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Fairfax, VA) in December 2009.

Interview

I applied for a job from them that I saw online. Then I received a call from one of the recruiters for a "pre-screen" phone interview. He asked me the basics: what are your skills, what is it are you looking for, what are your salary requirements, etc, etc. Then he offered for me to stop by the next day to talk some more. Found out it was a staffing company. Didn't know what a staffing company was so he had to explain how they operated. I left his office feeling tricked, because I felt he initially led me to believe that he could actually hire me. Not saying this is a bad company, in fact we still keep in touch whenever he has any job leads. But I still wished he could have been more direct from the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2008.

Interview

Brief. Basically a meet and greet with the hiring manager of the client. Describe previous experience, review resume, ask questions about the job.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek in April 2012.

Interview

They seem like they are genuinely interested in finding their clients a job, if for no other reason than the sooner you get hired, the sooner they can take their cut. I don't mean that in a negative way, but that is how they make their money. I spoke with their engineering specialist, who was friendly and knowledgable. She asked me what I was interested in doing, what sort of things motivated me, and wanted to know more about my research experience. She closed with some sample interview questions, and then gave feedback on my responses. Overall relatively helpful, though I haven't found a position as of two weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you ran into problems working in a group, and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Interview

Received phone call to show up for a interview with there client, and was only spoken to after the company i was going to be working at approved me. had to drive a 1.5 hour to there office and fill out unrelated paperwork. had to then be drug tested. They set up time wrong and wasted my time. had to drive home and come back all that way the next day for test.

Interview Questions

• Will you pass a drug test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with areotek. They will say whatever it takes to get you to take the position. Then will conveniently forget to give what was promised to you, and you will not get it.