Aerotek

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details – my recruiter was out of the office prior to the day of my interview hence another recruiter was assigned to "prep" me for the interview. during our phone call, she only told me the name of the hiring manager. that's it!!!! she had no clue about anything else. upon giving them my 2-week notice, it's her again. she asked me all kinds of questions which i already told her i did not feel comfortable answering, such as who my new employer was, why i was looking for a new job, what my new employer does. seriously?!?!?! why wouldn't i keep looking for a full time job when they've got me an hourly job without a termed contract?!?! what was with the interrogation? bad attitude too. I'm glad that she wasn't the one working with me to get the job I had. I will be calling her boss tomorrow to give him some feedbacks. (Aerotek Kalamazoo, MI)

Interview Question – "Did you tell your recruiter that you were looking?" Of course not! Why would I have to tell him that I was looking for a longer term job? Isn't it obvious when you have an open-ended contract which can end any day you should be keeping an eye open? What made it worse was that she was asking as if I was committing a crime.   Answer Question

Braintree, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in July 2011.

Interview Details – Basic "get to know you" type of interview, unfortunately wasn't called back.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Interview Details – Prepped for interview with contract employer
Called and interviewed for 1 hour
Called by contract company and asked if I could start in 3 days -- this included moving my family.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fairfax, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in December 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for a job from them that I saw online. Then I received a call from one of the recruiters for a "pre-screen" phone interview. He asked me the basics: what are your skills, what is it are you looking for, what are your salary requirements, etc, etc. Then he offered for me to stop by the next day to talk some more. Found out it was a staffing company. Didn't know what a staffing company was so he had to explain how they operated. I left his office feeling tricked, because I felt he initially led me to believe that he could actually hire me. Not saying this is a bad company, in fact we still keep in touch whenever he has any job leads. But I still wished he could have been more direct from the beginning.

Interview Question – What is it that you are looking for?   Answer Question

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in March 2008.

Interview Details – Brief. Basically a meet and greet with the hiring manager of the client. Describe previous experience, review resume, ask questions about the job.

Interview Question – Describe your academic experience.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aerotek in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then face to face, then a group interview with the company I was placed at.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background   View Answer
  • Asked why I wanted to work at the company I was being placed at   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A bit hostile, they didn't want to give me the base pay I wanted, they didn't want to negotiate really.

Engineering

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received phone call to show up for a interview with there client, and was only spoken to after the company i was going to be working at approved me. had to drive a 1.5 hour to there office and fill out unrelated paperwork. had to then be drug tested. They set up time wrong and wasted my time. had to drive home and come back all that way the next day for test.

Interview Question – Will you pass a drug test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with areotek. They will say whatever it takes to get you to take the position. Then will conveniently forget to give what was promised to you, and you will not get it.

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in April 2012.

Interview Details – They seem like they are genuinely interested in finding their clients a job, if for no other reason than the sooner you get hired, the sooner they can take their cut. I don't mean that in a negative way, but that is how they make their money. I spoke with their engineering specialist, who was friendly and knowledgable. She asked me what I was interested in doing, what sort of things motivated me, and wanted to know more about my research experience. She closed with some sample interview questions, and then gave feedback on my responses. Overall relatively helpful, though I haven't found a position as of two weeks after the initial interview.

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started by applying online to an engineering position.
Recruiter called back and asked several questions about previous experience and how I solved some problems (std interview questions).
Recruiter also asked why I wanted to "go back" to engineering since now I have been working as Product and Program Manager for the past few years. I explained they were technical positions that required my knowledge and experience to do a good job.
The next day I received a call from the recruiter explaining they decided to go with another candidate who had been working directly as an engineer.
The good part is that the recruiter took the time to call me back and explain. This is rare nowadays.

Interview Questions

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!