Aerotek Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Aerotek.

my recruiter was out of the office prior to the day of my interview hence another recruiter was assigned to "prep" me for the interview. during our phone call, she only told me the name of the hiring manager. that's it!!!! she had no clue about anything else. upon giving them my 2-week notice, it's her again. she asked me all kinds of questions which i already told her i did not feel comfortable answering, such as who my new employer was, why i was looking for a new job, what my new employer does. seriously?!?!?! why wouldn't i keep looking for a full time job when they've got me an hourly job without a termed contract?!?! what was with the interrogation? bad attitude too. I'm glad that she wasn't the one working with me to get the job I had. I will be calling her boss tomorrow to give him some feedbacks. (Aerotek Kalamazoo, MI)

Interview Questions
  • "Did you tell your recruiter that you were looking?" Of course not! Why would I have to tell him that I was looking for a longer term job? Isn't it obvious when you have an open-ended contract which can end any day you should be keeping an eye open? What made it worse was that she was asking as if I was committing a crime.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in July 2011.

Basic "get to know you" type of interview, unfortunately wasn't called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Prepped for interview with contract employer
    Called and interviewed for 1 hour
    Called by contract company and asked if I could start in 3 days -- this included moving my family.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in December 2009.

I applied for a job from them that I saw online. Then I received a call from one of the recruiters for a "pre-screen" phone interview. He asked me the basics: what are your skills, what is it are you looking for, what are your salary requirements, etc, etc. Then he offered for me to stop by the next day to talk some more. Found out it was a staffing company. Didn't know what a staffing company was so he had to explain how they operated. I left his office feeling tricked, because I felt he initially led me to believe that he could actually hire me. Not saying this is a bad company, in fact we still keep in touch whenever he has any job leads. But I still wished he could have been more direct from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in March 2008.

Brief. Basically a meet and greet with the hiring manager of the client. Describe previous experience, review resume, ask questions about the job.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aerotek in January 2010.

Phone interview, then face to face, then a group interview with the company I was placed at.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my background   View Answer
    • Asked why I wanted to work at the company I was being placed at   View Answer
    A bit hostile, they didn't want to give me the base pay I wanted, they didn't want to negotiate really.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Received phone call to show up for a interview with there client, and was only spoken to after the company i was going to be working at approved me. had to drive a 1.5 hour to there office and fill out unrelated paperwork. had to then be drug tested. They set up time wrong and wasted my time. had to drive home and come back all that way the next day for test.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation with areotek. They will say whatever it takes to get you to take the position. Then will conveniently forget to give what was promised to you, and you will not get it.

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in April 2012.

They seem like they are genuinely interested in finding their clients a job, if for no other reason than the sooner you get hired, the sooner they can take their cut. I don't mean that in a negative way, but that is how they make their money. I spoke with their engineering specialist, who was friendly and knowledgable. She asked me what I was interested in doing, what sort of things motivated me, and wanted to know more about my research experience. She closed with some sample interview questions, and then gave feedback on my responses. Overall relatively helpful, though I haven't found a position as of two weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you ran into problems working in a group, and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in October 2010.

Started by applying online to an engineering position.
    Recruiter called back and asked several questions about previous experience and how I solved some problems (std interview questions).
    Recruiter also asked why I wanted to "go back" to engineering since now I have been working as Product and Program Manager for the past few years. I explained they were technical positions that required my knowledge and experience to do a good job.
    The next day I received a call from the recruiter explaining they decided to go with another candidate who had been working directly as an engineer.
    The good part is that the recruiter took the time to call me back and explain. This is rare nowadays.

Interview Questions
    • Why Aeroteck?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to go back to engineering? (this one based on my previous work as product and program manager).   Answer Question

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!