Aerotek Interview Questions

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerotek in February 2010.

I knew someone who worked hear and she recommended me. I went in for a 2:1 interview which lasted for about 1 hour and I think it was designed to break me down and see how I handle very stressful situations. Granted, it was my very first interview after graduating college so I might have been very stressed to begin with. Both men tag teamed the questions and went through a multiple page behavioral/situational interview outline. One of the questions I wasn't able to think of an example for so I declined to answer. The only answer I could come up with for another question was from my personal life and I hesitated then expressed my concern for only having a personal example and not a professional example. They said it's OK use whateve rexample you can think of. I tried very hard to frame my personal experience in a very professional manner without giving out too many gorry details about the situation. Another time I was answering a question, but lost track in my mind what the question was. Again I stopped and apologized by saying something like, I want to answer your question directly and I feel like I am not doing that. Will you repeat the question. The one interviewer said he was glad I stopped becasue I wasn't answering the question he asked and he went on to repeat the question. I was so frazzled I had to ask him to repeat the question again which he did and I went on to answer. It was a positive interview for me because I came to the conclusion that if I could get through that interview I could handle any others that I went on. Both interviewers said I did a good job and 1 even said that it was his best in 2 years. I knew from my friend that this job has long hours so at the end of the interview I asked if the hours are 7:30am-7:00pm and they said genrally speaking yes, but if your work is done before that then you can leave at 6:00. I told them that I would not be able to accept a position which had such a big time commitment especially factoring in a 2.5 hour commute so they recommended I speak to another recruter who would work to place me in another company outside Aerotek because everyone in Aerotek has to start as a reruiter. They also mentioned that within 5 years you could be making 6 figures and the starting salary would have been between $35-$45K. My friend described the job as very demanding, daily roller coaster dealing with all the different clients, very fast-paced, challenging quotas, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is one situation where you had to stop doing something that you really liked to do and start doing something different.   Answer Question

Recuieter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in May 2010.

went very fast and hard. asked alot of behaviorial questions

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Prepped for interview with contract employer
    Called and interviewed for 1 hour
    Called by contract company and asked if I could start in 3 days -- this included moving my family.

No negotiation

Pharmacy Tech Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

The interviewing process was long (2 months). Every time I called I was told my file was lost. I later found out that I was not hired because I did not have a car.

Forklift/Cherry-picker/Rider-jack Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in September 2012.

Applied online then got a call to come in for an interview. Went in that day as i was very interested in the job offering of $15 p/hr,filled out paperwork gave the recruiter my resume and was told i had the job. The next day i get the call saying sorry but that job is no longer available due to an error in open positions. i was told don't worry i got another job for you but its pays less..$13 p/hr. i accepted that offer and told to wait to see if the other company wanted an interview. 2 days later No job he says i was "overqualified". next he offers me a temp-hire position but it only pays $10 p/hr unfortunately i was truly desperate and broke with no income so i had to take the job at $5 p/hr less than originally promised.

Interview Questions
    • have you worked for a temp/staffing agency before, and if so were you hired on by the contracting company,and or were you or have you ever been fired from a agency?   View Answer
    By the end it was Degrading,Ignorant,Humiliating...list goes on. Started off with an offer for $15 p/hr. job fell "threw", next job offer was for $13 this also "fell threw" next was the job offer i accepted but only paid $10 p/hr. It was a Tuesday i was offered the first job,Wednesday 2nd Job,Thursday 3rd offer i accepted at $5 p/hr less than originally was contracted for. When i asked for $12.00 p/hr due to my years of experience,References,Certifications,Awards and accident free work record the recruiter rejected my hourly rate increase and said "The rate is $10 p/hr you could have a Masters degree in warehouse operations and still we will only pay you $10.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aerotek in May 2012.

Phone Screen, Group Interviews with Account Managers, 1/2 Day Job Shadow, Interview with DBO

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiation.

Sanitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayport, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Bayport, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aerotek in November 2012.

no recognition to any of their employees.they dotn even know your name or recognize you even after you work there for 2 years.never give you the raise they say or switch you over to the company due to the managements laziness.cant walk papers over to another building 5 mins away to tell you your being suspended or fired.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

2 phone interviews from a recruiter followed by a panel interview.
    The first 2 interviews ask general interview questions. The panel interview is intense and asks behavior based interview questions. They use your answers from the behavior based questions to formulate and ask rude questions to try to break you and weed out the weak. Then you are required to go into the pit and observe for 1/2 day.

Interview Questions
    • I was very disappointed after completing a panel interview with this company. I was interviewed by 2 people and the lead interviewer was very condescending and belittling. Everything I said was twisted into something negative, which he acknowledged by saying "I'm not trying to twist your words, but…". The interview started 45 minutes late with one of my interviewers walking in the front door 20 minutes after I arrived. During my interview one of them got up to use the restroom, which he acknowledged by saying to the other interviewer, "I really have to use the restroom, I think you can handle this." After he returned from his morning poop they proceeded to more or less call me a quitter. They 100% treated me like a resume and not a person.

Questions:
      You've had x jobs in ___ years. If this job doesn't work out for you it will be ___ jobs. What would you say when people call you a quitter?
      Describe your biggest failure.
      Describe a time you made an unpopular decision.
      Explain why we should pick you in 30 seconds.

Answer Question

Recruiter/Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in February 2015.

I submitted my resume over the weekend and a couple days later I was contacted by the Internal Recruiter for a phone interview. I was asked behavioral questions about times I motivated people and what I knew about the recruiter and account manager position. She said I would hear back about the face-to-face interview in the next week or so. It didn't take the 30 minutes that she said it would, more like 15. She seemed like she wanted to get off the phone, which was concerning.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate a group of people.
      Tell me about a time you had to give criticism.

Answer Question

Early Stage Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aerotek in January 2015.

I was thoroughly researched. It made me feel like my potential fellow employees would be trustworthy and up to the task. I had several sit downs before I was chosen. I was interviewed by the contracting agency first then the client. The interviews were friendly and fast paced but very informative. I was also given a quick tour of the call center.