Aerotek Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Piscataway, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

I knew someone who worked hear and she recommended me. I went in for a 2:1 interview which lasted for about 1 hour and I think it was designed to break me down and see how I handle very stressful situations. Granted, it was my very first interview after graduating college so I might have been very stressed to begin with. Both men tag teamed the questions and went through a multiple page behavioral/situational interview outline. One of the questions I wasn't able to think of an example for so I declined to answer. The only answer I could come up with for another question was from my personal life and I hesitated then expressed my concern for only having a personal example and not a professional example. They said it's OK use whateve rexample you can think of. I tried very hard to frame my personal experience in a very professional manner without giving out too many gorry details about the situation. Another time I was answering a question, but lost track in my mind what the question was. Again I stopped and apologized by saying something like, I want to answer your question directly and I feel like I am not doing that. Will you repeat the question. The one interviewer said he was glad I stopped becasue I wasn't answering the question he asked and he went on to repeat the question. I was so frazzled I had to ask him to repeat the question again which he did and I went on to answer. It was a positive interview for me because I came to the conclusion that if I could get through that interview I could handle any others that I went on. Both interviewers said I did a good job and 1 even said that it was his best in 2 years. I knew from my friend that this job has long hours so at the end of the interview I asked if the hours are 7:30am-7:00pm and they said genrally speaking yes, but if your work is done before that then you can leave at 6:00. I told them that I would not be able to accept a position which had such a big time commitment especially factoring in a 2.5 hour commute so they recommended I speak to another recruter who would work to place me in another company outside Aerotek because everyone in Aerotek has to start as a reruiter. They also mentioned that within 5 years you could be making 6 figures and the starting salary would have been between $35-$45K. My friend described the job as very demanding, daily roller coaster dealing with all the different clients, very fast-paced, challenging quotas, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is one situation where you had to stop doing something that you really liked to do and start doing something different.   Answer Question

Recuieter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

went very fast and hard. asked alot of behaviorial questions

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Charleston, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Prepped for interview with contract employer Called and interviewed for 1 hour Called by contract company and asked if I could start in 3 days -- this included moving my family.

Interview Questions

• Spc Cpk vs Ppk   1 Answer
    • How to come up with data for occurences   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process was long (2 months). Every time I called I was told my file was lost. I later found out that I was not hired because I did not have a car.

Forklift/Cherry-picker/Rider-jack Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (Cherry Hill, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online then got a call to come in for an interview. Went in that day as i was very interested in the job offering of $15 p/hr,filled out paperwork gave the recruiter my resume and was told i had the job. The next day i get the call saying sorry but that job is no longer available due to an error in open positions. i was told don't worry i got another job for you but its pays less..$13 p/hr. i accepted that offer and told to wait to see if the other company wanted an interview. 2 days later No job he says i was "overqualified". next he offers me a temp-hire position but it only pays $10 p/hr unfortunately i was truly desperate and broke with no income so i had to take the job at $5 p/hr less than originally promised.

Interview Questions

• have you worked for a temp/staffing agency before, and if so were you hired on by the contracting company,and or were you or have you ever been fired from a agency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

By the end it was Degrading,Ignorant,Humiliating...list goes on. Started off with an offer for $15 p/hr. job fell "threw", next job offer was for $13 this also "fell threw" next was the job offer i accepted but only paid $10 p/hr. It was a Tuesday i was offered the first job,Wednesday 2nd Job,Thursday 3rd offer i accepted at $5 p/hr less than originally was contracted for. When i asked for $12.00 p/hr due to my years of experience,References,Certifications,Awards and accident free work record the recruiter rejected my hourly rate increase and said "The rate is $10 p/hr you could have a Masters degree in warehouse operations and still we will only pay you $10.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Did not ask any questions that were pertinent to the position I applied for, and was interviewing for. Didn't seem interested in anything I had to say. Very unprofessional and unprepared. Stronglyrics suggest they send their hiring managers to training on how to.interview a person.

Interview Questions

• They had no questions that went with the position I applied for. Biggest concern was salary and start date.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

2 phone interviews from a recruiter followed by a panel interview. The first 2 interviews ask general interview questions. The panel interview is intense and asks behavior based interview questions. They use your answers from the behavior based questions to formulate and ask rude questions to try to break you and weed out the weak. Then you are required to go into the pit and observe for 1/2 day.

Interview Questions

• I was very disappointed after completing a panel interview with this company. I was interviewed by 2 people and the lead interviewer was very condescending and belittling. Everything I said was twisted into something negative, which he acknowledged by saying "I'm not trying to twist your words, but…". The interview started 45 minutes late with one of my interviewers walking in the front door 20 minutes after I arrived. During my interview one of them got up to use the restroom, which he acknowledged by saying to the other interviewer, "I really have to use the restroom, I think you can handle this." After he returned from his morning poop they proceeded to more or less call me a quitter. They 100% treated me like a resume and not a person. Questions: You've had x jobs in ___ years. If this job doesn't work out for you it will be ___ jobs. What would you say when people call you a quitter? Describe your biggest failure. Describe a time you made an unpopular decision. Explain why we should pick you in 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Canton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very swift and smooth. Took a total of 2 weeks until I was offered the job. I met them at a job fair at my university and I was interested so I took a business card and sent them an email. Soon after, they replied. Took no more than 3 days for a response where they asked me if I was available for a phone interview. Later that week I had the phone interview and was asked to come in for a second round interview which would be face to face. The interview was very intense. 2 guys, one huge long conference table in which they slammed you with tough questions. If they didn't like your answer, they re-stated the question...basically telling you to answer again. I just knew I didn't have the job until they called me the next day to offer me the position! I was surprised! After reviewing the company more in depth I decided it wasn't for me. The hours were long and although starting at $34,000 out of college isn't bad for a recent grad, the hours that I would be putting in wouldn't add up to that amount,almost like you were getting cheated out of your pay! They expect you to work 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. 5 days a week with no overtime pay of course because it's a based salary. Overall, it is a good company. No scam or poor management or anything of that sort...it just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• What makes a leader a leader?....(must say the answer that THEY have not what YOU think) Tell me your biggest failure? Why should we NOT hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are willing to work long and hard hours sitting at a desk all day then this is the job for you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

One interview with DBO then half day in the pit where all the recruiters sit. Then you will get taken by 2 or 3 of the managers that are currently hiring and they decide if they like you or are going to hire you.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen, Group Interviews with Account Managers, 1/2 Day Job Shadow, Interview with DBO

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation.