Aerotek Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerotek in February 2010.

I knew someone who worked hear and she recommended me. I went in for a 2:1 interview which lasted for about 1 hour and I think it was designed to break me down and see how I handle very stressful situations. Granted, it was my very first interview after graduating college so I might have been very stressed to begin with. Both men tag teamed the questions and went through a multiple page behavioral/situational interview outline. One of the questions I wasn't able to think of an example for so I declined to answer. The only answer I could come up with for another question was from my personal life and I hesitated then expressed my concern for only having a personal example and not a professional example. They said it's OK use whateve rexample you can think of. I tried very hard to frame my personal experience in a very professional manner without giving out too many gorry details about the situation. Another time I was answering a question, but lost track in my mind what the question was. Again I stopped and apologized by saying something like, I want to answer your question directly and I feel like I am not doing that. Will you repeat the question. The one interviewer said he was glad I stopped becasue I wasn't answering the question he asked and he went on to repeat the question. I was so frazzled I had to ask him to repeat the question again which he did and I went on to answer. It was a positive interview for me because I came to the conclusion that if I could get through that interview I could handle any others that I went on. Both interviewers said I did a good job and 1 even said that it was his best in 2 years. I knew from my friend that this job has long hours so at the end of the interview I asked if the hours are 7:30am-7:00pm and they said genrally speaking yes, but if your work is done before that then you can leave at 6:00. I told them that I would not be able to accept a position which had such a big time commitment especially factoring in a 2.5 hour commute so they recommended I speak to another recruter who would work to place me in another company outside Aerotek because everyone in Aerotek has to start as a reruiter. They also mentioned that within 5 years you could be making 6 figures and the starting salary would have been between $35-$45K. My friend described the job as very demanding, daily roller coaster dealing with all the different clients, very fast-paced, challenging quotas, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is one situation where you had to stop doing something that you really liked to do and start doing something different.   Answer Question

Recuieter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in May 2010.

went very fast and hard. asked alot of behaviorial questions

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

Prepped for interview with contract employer
    Called and interviewed for 1 hour
    Called by contract company and asked if I could start in 3 days -- this included moving my family.

No negotiation

Pharmacy Tech Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Aerotek in June 2011.

The interviewing process was long (2 months). Every time I called I was told my file was lost. I later found out that I was not hired because I did not have a car.

Forklift/Cherry-picker/Rider-jack Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in September 2012.

Applied online then got a call to come in for an interview. Went in that day as i was very interested in the job offering of $15 p/hr,filled out paperwork gave the recruiter my resume and was told i had the job. The next day i get the call saying sorry but that job is no longer available due to an error in open positions. i was told don't worry i got another job for you but its pays less..$13 p/hr. i accepted that offer and told to wait to see if the other company wanted an interview. 2 days later No job he says i was "overqualified". next he offers me a temp-hire position but it only pays $10 p/hr unfortunately i was truly desperate and broke with no income so i had to take the job at $5 p/hr less than originally promised.

Interview Questions
    • have you worked for a temp/staffing agency before, and if so were you hired on by the contracting company,and or were you or have you ever been fired from a agency?   View Answer
    By the end it was Degrading,Ignorant,Humiliating...list goes on. Started off with an offer for $15 p/hr. job fell "threw", next job offer was for $13 this also "fell threw" next was the job offer i accepted but only paid $10 p/hr. It was a Tuesday i was offered the first job,Wednesday 2nd Job,Thursday 3rd offer i accepted at $5 p/hr less than originally was contracted for. When i asked for $12.00 p/hr due to my years of experience,References,Certifications,Awards and accident free work record the recruiter rejected my hourly rate increase and said "The rate is $10 p/hr you could have a Masters degree in warehouse operations and still we will only pay you $10.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aerotek in May 2012.

Phone Screen, Group Interviews with Account Managers, 1/2 Day Job Shadow, Interview with DBO

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiation.

Sanitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aerotek in November 2012.

no recognition to any of their employees.they dotn even know your name or recognize you even after you work there for 2 years.never give you the raise they say or switch you over to the company due to the managements laziness.cant walk papers over to another building 5 mins away to tell you your being suspended or fired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek in March 2013.

phone call, interview with 2 account managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek in January 2014.

It was a 5-step process interview. I began with a phone call from a recruiter at Aerotek. She was very thorough and definitely made sure if it was something I wanted to do and sent me all kinds of material about the position, the company Aerotek, and all other guiding materials. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. I was told it was an informative interview with two account managers. This interview was thoroughly just asking about my background and why I came to where I am now. It lasted an hour and a half. I was called back for another interview. This I considered my third if I include the recruiter screening. This interview is the behavioral interview which is more in depth. Aerotek really focuses on how persistent you are and if you've ever failed before. The failure aspect really ties into how much can you handle and how competitive can you be. The behavioral interview also lasted an hour and a half. The following fourth interview was a half-day shadow. Be sure to ask plenty of questions and show enthusiasm during this time because you'll meet plenty of people in the office. Take notes because it shows you're adamant about learning the process. Towards the end I met with another account manager to have more questions asked (most redundant) and left around noon. The 5th interview was with two more senior account managers that wanted to get to know me mostly. By this time it was a lot of repeat questions, but it gave me more opportunity to know the senior account managers. They give extreme warnings about the job being difficult and you have to have a type-A personality as well as solely focused on your work all the time. Don't enter this job unprepared of this fact. They repeat over and over that you WILL fail at this job, but it's how you pick yourself up and handle the stress that makes you successful. Be sure to email everyone you meet because they give you their business card to send thank you and follow up emails. Overall, a thorough interview process and friendly and great environment with hardworking individuals in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What have you ever failed at? Give me a time where someone else made the mistake and how did you handle it or what did you have to do? What makes you competitive? What makes you different from the rest? (don't be generic about this question)   Answer Question
    There isn't negotiation because everyone starts off with the same base salary pay and then whatever commission you earn. The first 13 weeks is training therefore you're paid hourly, but roughly the same amount of the salary pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aerotek.

Phone Screen, Then a meeting with a senior account manager and the DBO, then a half day where you meet with all the account managers.

Interview Questions
    no negotiating. Everyone starts at the same level with the same pay at the recruiting position.