Aerotek

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.8

Entry Level Chemist Interview

Recruiter called fairly quickly based on my prompt response to a Craigslist job posting. She was very impersonal and made me feel inferior despite it being an entry level position. She never followed up with future job opportunities as promised.

Interview Questions
    • Are you experienced with (name of instrumental technique)? Was it only through academic setting?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

2 phone interviews from a recruiter followed by a panel interview.
    The first 2 interviews ask general interview questions. The panel interview is intense and asks behavior based interview questions. They use your answers from the behavior based questions to formulate and ask rude questions to try to break you and weed out the weak. Then you are required to go into the pit and observe for 1/2 day.

Interview Questions
    • I was very disappointed after completing a panel interview with this company. I was interviewed by 2 people and the lead interviewer was very condescending and belittling. Everything I said was twisted into something negative, which he acknowledged by saying "I'm not trying to twist your words, but…". The interview started 45 minutes late with one of my interviewers walking in the front door 20 minutes after I arrived. During my interview one of them got up to use the restroom, which he acknowledged by saying to the other interviewer, "I really have to use the restroom, I think you can handle this." After he returned from his morning poop they proceeded to more or less call me a quitter. They 100% treated me like a resume and not a person.

Questions:
      You've had x jobs in ___ years. If this job doesn't work out for you it will be ___ jobs. What would you say when people call you a quitter?
      Describe your biggest failure.
      Describe a time you made an unpopular decision.
      Explain why we should pick you in 30 seconds.

Answer Question

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek in January 2015.

Applied online and received a phone call the next day, brief phone call , they asked a couple of question then set up a face to face group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's an obstacle you had to over come at your last job   Answer Question

Gas Turbine Auxiliaries Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aerotek.

They called out of the blue; however, were very thorough and extremely nice. Got an immediate follow-up email thanking me for the interview. Overall a very goo experience and would definitely enjoy hearing from them again.

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aerotek.

Very very bad experience. First I arrived and they informed me that the person I was scheduled to interview was not there. I waited on an interviewer for an hour! Finally two guys came to give me an interview and it was the longest interview of my life. They asked all types of unprofessional questions about going out and drinking with the group and continuously tried to get me to admit to very unprofessional things. I felt like I was on an interview for an escorting company and not a recruiting agency. Overall, they were very unprofessional and used up most of my day with non-sense. A complete and total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I didnt accept the position because I would never want to work for a company with such bad hiring processes. I have options and plus their pay was too low for me. I took another position with another company for double the pay.

General Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek.

I set up an appointment with the lady and when I arrived I was asked to take a seat and the lady was with me within 5 minutes. I had one interview and the lady was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. We went over my resume as to what I am qualified for.

Interview Questions
    • I really cannot really remember, the interview was pretty easy going   Answer Question

It was part time and I just obtained a full time job

Budget Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

They did a good job communicating their questions and were very open during the interview process. I felt very comfortable during the entire process. I felt that they were being very honest and sincerely wanted to find the right condidate.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience a difficuly or unexpected question   Answer Question
    straight forward

Draftsman Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in June 2014.

Was called by a recruiter stating that he had come across my resume online. He explained the opportunity he had for me and asked if I was interested. I told him what my salary requirements were for the position and, recruiter said he would get back to me. He called me ba ck the next day and scheduled an initial interview with himself, on behalf of Aerotek. Two days later, I was interviewed by Aerotek's customer. The interview process was easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected that arose in my interview process.   Answer Question
    I had pre-negotiated my rate prior to the interview, based on the job title.

Receiver Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek.

Not a pleasant or personal experience. Just a bunch of people sitting in a break room filling out a bunch of paperwork and waiting to start. Nothing is special about the process. You're not accessed by your skill they just expect to catch on and work. You and the person sitting next to you are the same.

Interview Questions
    • No question they barely have a conversation but they will put you to work.   Answer Question
    None

Material Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aerotek in April 2012.

The first interview was conducted by Aerotek (the staffing Agency) while the second interview was conducted by the Shift managers at the location being staffed (in this case the Oshkosh Truck Appleton Warehouse). The process wasn't very difficult and many of the questions asked were typical of what you would expect at any job interview. As long as you have a good attitude, a decent record, are honest, and ready to work there really shouldn't be an issue.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly cannot recall what the most difficult question was. The interview process was comfortable and not very taxing.   Answer Question