Aerotek Interview Questions in New York City, NY

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aerotek in April 2014.

One on one at 15-20 mins. Definitely would recommend showing up on time and in proper dress. It also his a plus if you ID other potential jobs that you would like to pursue prior to meeting.

Sanitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bayport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aerotek in November 2012.

no recognition to any of their employees.they dotn even know your name or recognize you even after you work there for 2 years.never give you the raise they say or switch you over to the company due to the managements laziness.cant walk papers over to another building 5 mins away to tell you your being suspended or fired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aerotek in March 2011.

The first part of the process is a phone screen that's very thorough however they will send you materials to prepare in advance. Then when you come in for a face to face interview typically you'll. meet with two account managers who will be considering to hire you for their team. The first half of the interview is pretty typical going over your résumé and career goals. The second half is a series of behavioral interview questions that you really need to be prepared to answer. Finally if your Invited back for a half day you sit with various recruiters on the floor. At some point you may interview with another two account managers and you almost always have you meet with the director since he makes the ultimate decision about bringing you onboard

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you were able to persuade others to see things from your point of view   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aerotek in April 2013.

I was phone screened twice by a corporate recruiter in PA. A couple of days later, I went in for a panel interview with the director and an account manager. The director of operations only asked non-work related questions as to get a feel of your personality and if you are sales driven, while the account manager just listened in during the conversation and didn't give much input. Overall, both managers were non-informative and it seems that they don't care about their employees.

Recruiter Trainee Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek in January 2012.

Phone Interview followed by a face to face. They are very cold and everything is very scripted.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aerotek in April 2012.

Referred by a friend. It took a week for the "recruiter" to reach out to me after we connected via email. We finally had a chance to speak over the phone. She had absolutely no idea what my experience was, what kind of job to place me in, or salary- even though she had my resume.

The disconnect seemed to stem from that fact that the recruiter was extremely young with no real world experience in order to work with a high level executive with 15+ years of experience. She kept trying to talk me into a "contract job" at $20/hour for pharmaceutical company making labels. I kept explaining I do not have any graphic design background, but it fell on deaf ears. I also have no experience in the pharmaceutical industry which I explained. I have experience in architecture, planning and other areas - but nothing in pharmaceutical. I was so frustrated at by the end of the call I finally asked politely " would it be helpful if I sent my resume to you again for a quick review ?"

I was willing to accept temporary work.

The recruiter sold it to me as "Its in my best interest to keep you working also so we"ll find something!" Its a sales pitch at best and seems to a place that hires very young staff willing to be sales people rather than actually helping people with experience find jobs.

Two months passed. Even though I kept in touch via email there was absolutely no follow up or replies to emails.

Interview Questions
    • How far would you be willing to travel? Would 90 minutes be too far?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sayreville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sayreville, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in September 2010.

I received a call from the company itself, the Hiring Manager; did a phone interview with the person then was invited for 1:1 interview the week after. Interview was more a a situation/behavioral question/interview. it went well into 45minitues. I was asked to comeback for 2nd interview, I had to observe the other recruiters.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in February 2010.

After reviewing my resume, I was called in to interview, after which I was to report to actual employer for another interview. The 1 on 1 interview was very professional, and due to the nature of my past history, I was offered a higher salary than was advertised. The interviewer was quite pleasant, and thorough, and was open to all my questions.

Interview Questions

There was mandatory overtime, job min. averaged 60 hrs a week, it was a distance from home and would have entailed too much time away from home, more than I was looking for at the time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Aerotek in February 2010.

I knew someone who worked hear and she recommended me. I went in for a 2:1 interview which lasted for about 1 hour and I think it was designed to break me down and see how I handle very stressful situations. Granted, it was my very first interview after graduating college so I might have been very stressed to begin with. Both men tag teamed the questions and went through a multiple page behavioral/situational interview outline. One of the questions I wasn't able to think of an example for so I declined to answer. The only answer I could come up with for another question was from my personal life and I hesitated then expressed my concern for only having a personal example and not a professional example. They said it's OK use whateve rexample you can think of. I tried very hard to frame my personal experience in a very professional manner without giving out too many gorry details about the situation. Another time I was answering a question, but lost track in my mind what the question was. Again I stopped and apologized by saying something like, I want to answer your question directly and I feel like I am not doing that. Will you repeat the question. The one interviewer said he was glad I stopped becasue I wasn't answering the question he asked and he went on to repeat the question. I was so frazzled I had to ask him to repeat the question again which he did and I went on to answer. It was a positive interview for me because I came to the conclusion that if I could get through that interview I could handle any others that I went on. Both interviewers said I did a good job and 1 even said that it was his best in 2 years. I knew from my friend that this job has long hours so at the end of the interview I asked if the hours are 7:30am-7:00pm and they said genrally speaking yes, but if your work is done before that then you can leave at 6:00. I told them that I would not be able to accept a position which had such a big time commitment especially factoring in a 2.5 hour commute so they recommended I speak to another recruter who would work to place me in another company outside Aerotek because everyone in Aerotek has to start as a reruiter. They also mentioned that within 5 years you could be making 6 figures and the starting salary would have been between $35-$45K. My friend described the job as very demanding, daily roller coaster dealing with all the different clients, very fast-paced, challenging quotas, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is one situation where you had to stop doing something that you really liked to do and start doing something different.   Answer Question

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!