Aerotek

Getting the Interview

136 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details – Aerotek holds job fairs periodically. I attended one of these which helped me talk to everyone on a semi-business level and it helped me learn names and job positions which was key to getting you noticed. From there, I was contacted to set up a good time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Next, I was told that I would be doing a face to face interview. The face to face interview is a panel interview of four with each person asking four questions. This interview lasted an hour to an hour and a half which surprisingly flew by really quickly. If you do well with the face to face interview, you are invited to the company's Half Day which allows you to spend half a day with the people you could potentially be working with. The half day was great! If the half day goes well then you will be contacted with a call and an offer.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had broken a promise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation but there needs to be none because of your growth potential.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen, then face to face panel style interview, and then a half day shadow process before the final decision is made. Sometimes a second face to face interview.

Interview Question – Situation based questions regarding competitiveness, work ethic, and dedication. Emphasis is typically on sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it offer.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details – Met internal recruiter at career fair. Took awhile to get email responses back. Finally one month later, got a phone interview.

Interview Question – Think about a situation where you had to overcome a challenge with a co-worker?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aerotek in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Panel interview with two account managers, half day shadow

Interview Question – What motivates you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- set base salary

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend, phone interview (screening), followed by an interview at the company with two account managers recruiters (one a senior account manager and the other an account manager). 2nd interview last almost an hour and a half. Both were very friendly and I felt like it went very well. I went in as prepared as possible and did my research on the company and the position.

Interview Question – Be prepared to sell yourself and show a passion for sales. This is what they seemed to focus the most on and want someone who is going to be driven to succeed. I believe I did not get offered the position because it is a drastic career change for me and I did not have an interest in sales straight out of college.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details – Phone interview, one on one interview with a senior sales manager, Job Shadow Day/Interview with two sales manager and director of Business.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness and how you have handled it with specific examples.   Answer Question

Tinley Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aerotek in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by a college buddy who was seeing success there. First, it was a phone screen (15-20 mins). Then an in-person interview, where I met with at least 2 panels of 2 interviewers. The next step is a half day, where you'll shadow a few of the top performers and meet with the director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. All recruiters base salary is the same.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a 5-step process interview. I began with a phone call from a recruiter at Aerotek. She was very thorough and definitely made sure if it was something I wanted to do and sent me all kinds of material about the position, the company Aerotek, and all other guiding materials. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. I was told it was an informative interview with two account managers. This interview was thoroughly just asking about my background and why I came to where I am now. It lasted an hour and a half. I was called back for another interview. This I considered my third if I include the recruiter screening. This interview is the behavioral interview which is more in depth. Aerotek really focuses on how persistent you are and if you've ever failed before. The failure aspect really ties into how much can you handle and how competitive can you be. The behavioral interview also lasted an hour and a half. The following fourth interview was a half-day shadow. Be sure to ask plenty of questions and show enthusiasm during this time because you'll meet plenty of people in the office. Take notes because it shows you're adamant about learning the process. Towards the end I met with another account manager to have more questions asked (most redundant) and left around noon. The 5th interview was with two more senior account managers that wanted to get to know me mostly. By this time it was a lot of repeat questions, but it gave me more opportunity to know the senior account managers. They give extreme warnings about the job being difficult and you have to have a type-A personality as well as solely focused on your work all the time. Don't enter this job unprepared of this fact. They repeat over and over that you WILL fail at this job, but it's how you pick yourself up and handle the stress that makes you successful. Be sure to email everyone you meet because they give you their business card to send thank you and follow up emails. Overall, a thorough interview process and friendly and great environment with hardworking individuals in the company.

Interview Question – What have you ever failed at? Give me a time where someone else made the mistake and how did you handle it or what did you have to do? What makes you competitive? What makes you different from the rest? (don't be generic about this question)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't negotiation because everyone starts off with the same base salary pay and then whatever commission you earn. The first 13 weeks is training therefore you're paid hourly, but roughly the same amount of the salary pay.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek in December 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews which includes a phone screen and walkthrough at the office.

Hamden, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone call, interview with 2 account managers

Interview Question – Biggest challenge you had to face and overcome   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aerotek

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!

Aerotek Videos

Aerotek – Why Work for Us?

A Leader in Recruiting and Staffing Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aerotek Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 136 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aerotek employees and interview candidates.