Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

3.2

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

The interview was conversational with behavioral based questions. I learned a lot about the career path at Aerotek from the recruiter position to a director position. It was more personal than just my working abilities and experiences. He already saw my resume, but wanted to know about the type of person I am and if my personality type would be a fit for the position. The recruiter position takes a driven, sales-minded person to be able to face adversity and play a managerial role with candidates that place into a company. It gave me a better perspective on how suitable I was for a sales career. He told me about the potential recruiters have to make money working hard, and building a portfolio of clients. It's the type of portfolio that has a volatile record of their candidates since a lot of them may come and go.

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Recruiter Interview

Behavioral questions that entailed past experience applied to their business. Lots of scenario questions. Very in depth on goals and motivations and what you look for in sales and how their company can benefit from your sales aspirations

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in March 2015.

Was first contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. Second step was a phone interview with the talent acquisition manager for the region. Third step was a face to face interview with the Director of Sales. Last step is an on site walk through. Interview was very intense. They are definitely looking for people who are money motivated

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself (wanting details about how you were brought up)
      Why you would do well in sales?
      Are you willing to work long hours?

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

The process is somewhat annoying. I applied online so initially there was a phone screening, phone interview, in-person interview, "shadow day" and an additional in-person interview. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was preparing for mostly behavioral questions which is what my phone interview and first in-person interview was, and then the second in-person interview turned into more of personal questions like can you handle the work load and time needed/dedicated to the job... firing of these types of questions over and over. Not very professional, whatsoever.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aerotek.

I have no complaints about the interview process. Great communication and follow up. They were very clear about the job, realistic and allowed me to really get an insight into the office and culture. I'd say as a recruiter you should be ready to give a lot of your time and energy to the company. If you are the type to give up your life, and work you butt off, then this is the company for you. Probably a better fit for someone out of college who doesn't have much of a life outside of work to worry about yet. I was very thankful for the entire interview process because it did allow me to really understand what I would have been getting into. It's a bit of an old school mentality of if you put more time and more energy in than the person next to you, you'll be successful and that will eventually lead to more money. Neither of those things fit with me, so I decided to not take the offer, but have nothing poor to say about the interview process and have since been less impressed with other companies and their lack of communication. I felt like I was treated as a human throughout the process, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do something you didn't agree with and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek in February 2015.

The interviewer was in a hurry and she seemed not to have much time for me. The interview was fast, about 13 minutes and the interviewer was not friendly. She spoke really fast, too.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aerotek in February 2015.

You're first contacted by the internal recruiter and asked basic questions such as work history and job expectations. If they'd like to proceed with you, an in person interview is scheduled. They'll schedule the interview and right as you're about to leave for the interview, they'll call to reschedule the interview for a week and a half later. Once you actually make it to the interview and meet with someone, questions that delve into the details of your background and behavioral questions are asked for nearly two hours. After the rescheduled interview and your flexibility and understanding, you may hear back from the internal recruiter in the form of a generic rejection email that all subsidiaries of the parent company, Allegis Group, uses with no "thank you" or appreciation of your scheduling flexibility or time.

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aerotek.

Very very bad experience. First I arrived and they informed me that the person I was scheduled to interview was not there. I waited on an interviewer for an hour! Finally two guys came to give me an interview and it was the longest interview of my life. They asked all types of unprofessional questions about going out and drinking with the group and continuously tried to get me to admit to very unprofessional things. I felt like I was on an interview for an escorting company and not a recruiting agency. Overall, they were very unprofessional and used up most of my day with non-sense. A complete and total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I didnt accept the position because I would never want to work for a company with such bad hiring processes. I have options and plus their pay was too low for me. I took another position with another company for double the pay.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

2 phone interviews from a recruiter followed by a panel interview.
    The first 2 interviews ask general interview questions. The panel interview is intense and asks behavior based interview questions. They use your answers from the behavior based questions to formulate and ask rude questions to try to break you and weed out the weak. Then you are required to go into the pit and observe for 1/2 day.

Interview Questions
    • I was very disappointed after completing a panel interview with this company. I was interviewed by 2 people and the lead interviewer was very condescending and belittling. Everything I said was twisted into something negative, which he acknowledged by saying "I'm not trying to twist your words, but…". The interview started 45 minutes late with one of my interviewers walking in the front door 20 minutes after I arrived. During my interview one of them got up to use the restroom, which he acknowledged by saying to the other interviewer, "I really have to use the restroom, I think you can handle this." After he returned from his morning poop they proceeded to more or less call me a quitter. They 100% treated me like a resume and not a person.

Questions:
      You've had x jobs in ___ years. If this job doesn't work out for you it will be ___ jobs. What would you say when people call you a quitter?
      Describe your biggest failure.
      Describe a time you made an unpopular decision.
      Explain why we should pick you in 30 seconds.

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in January 2015.

Got an initial phone screen through a friend working in the company. Had a chat a with few people working there, and then was told I would have an official phone interview in a few days. After the phone interview, I was told I would be called the following afternoon to possibly schedule an in-person interview or not. Next day, no phone call came, got the email instead. Very unprofessional.