Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.2

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek in April 2015.

Interview

First a quick phone screening to ensure interest in position. After confirming interest, they will set up a phone interview and send you info regarding the company, industry and position. Second was a 45 min phone interview. Third is an in person interview

Interview Questions

• The will ask if you read through the pre interview info required and watched the video online. Also discussed resume. A lot of situation questions.   Answer Question

Another offer

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

The interview was conversational with behavioral based questions. I learned a lot about the career path at Aerotek from the recruiter position to a director position. It was more personal than just my working abilities and experiences. He already saw my resume, but wanted to know about the type of person I am and if my personality type would be a fit for the position. The recruiter position takes a driven, sales-minded person to be able to face adversity and play a managerial role with candidates that place into a company. It gave me a better perspective on how suitable I was for a sales career. He told me about the potential recruiters have to make money working hard, and building a portfolio of clients. It's the type of portfolio that has a volatile record of their candidates since a lot of them may come and go.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions that entailed past experience applied to their business. Lots of scenario questions. Very in depth on goals and motivations and what you look for in sales and how their company can benefit from your sales aspirations

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek in March 2015.

Interview

It began as a relatively simple process. I uploaded my resume on their website and was contacted the next day via email. My recruiter set up a phone interview, and we had a 45 minute long conversation about my skills and experience. She also asked a handful of behavioral questions. As the phone interview came to an end, I was instructed to think the position over for a couple of days and contact the recruiter if I wished to proceed. This SHOULD have been a red flag. I called and explained that I really was interested in the position and an in-person interview was scheduled. I arrived 20 minutes early to find that I would not be meeting with the intended interviewer. Rather, I was to meet with an account manager. I wouldn't even consider this event an interview. I was asked incredibly personal, private, and inappropriate questions. Not a single question was about my experience or skills. My interviewer even answered a phone call as I was responding to one of his mind-numbing questions, and he didn't bother to excuse himself. When the interview came to an end, I asked him if he saw my values, skills and experience being of use to Aerotek. He politely told me "no," and explained himself. I can't begin to explain the relief I felt when he told me that I wouldn't make a good fit. I could never work for a company that treats its potential candidates with such disrespect. If you are easily trained (like a puppy....not a fully competent human) this job is perfect for you.

Interview Questions

• What three words would your best friend use to describe you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in March 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. Second step was a phone interview with the talent acquisition manager for the region. Third step was a face to face interview with the Director of Sales. Last step is an on site walk through. Interview was very intense. They are definitely looking for people who are money motivated

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (wanting details about how you were brought up)
      Why you would do well in sales?
      Are you willing to work long hours?

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

The process is somewhat annoying. I applied online so initially there was a phone screening, phone interview, in-person interview, "shadow day" and an additional in-person interview. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was preparing for mostly behavioral questions which is what my phone interview and first in-person interview was, and then the second in-person interview turned into more of personal questions like can you handle the work load and time needed/dedicated to the job... firing of these types of questions over and over. Not very professional, whatsoever.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aerotek (Portland, OR).

Interview

I have no complaints about the interview process. Great communication and follow up. They were very clear about the job, realistic and allowed me to really get an insight into the office and culture. I'd say as a recruiter you should be ready to give a lot of your time and energy to the company. If you are the type to give up your life, and work you butt off, then this is the company for you. Probably a better fit for someone out of college who doesn't have much of a life outside of work to worry about yet. I was very thankful for the entire interview process because it did allow me to really understand what I would have been getting into. It's a bit of an old school mentality of if you put more time and more energy in than the person next to you, you'll be successful and that will eventually lead to more money. Neither of those things fit with me, so I decided to not take the offer, but have nothing poor to say about the interview process and have since been less impressed with other companies and their lack of communication. I felt like I was treated as a human throughout the process, which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something you didn't agree with and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Very very bad experience. First I arrived and they informed me that the person I was scheduled to interview was not there. I waited on an interviewer for an hour! Finally two guys came to give me an interview and it was the longest interview of my life. They asked all types of unprofessional questions about going out and drinking with the group and continuously tried to get me to admit to very unprofessional things. I felt like I was on an interview for an escorting company and not a recruiting agency. Overall, they were very unprofessional and used up most of my day with non-sense. A complete and total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I didnt accept the position because I would never want to work for a company with such bad hiring processes. I have options and plus their pay was too low for me. I took another position with another company for double the pay.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was in a hurry and she seemed not to have much time for me. The interview was fast, about 13 minutes and the interviewer was not friendly. She spoke really fast, too.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

You're first contacted by the internal recruiter and asked basic questions such as work history and job expectations. If they'd like to proceed with you, an in person interview is scheduled. They'll schedule the interview and right as you're about to leave for the interview, they'll call to reschedule the interview for a week and a half later. Once you actually make it to the interview and meet with someone, questions that delve into the details of your background and behavioral questions are asked for nearly two hours. After the rescheduled interview and your flexibility and understanding, you may hear back from the internal recruiter in the form of a generic rejection email that all subsidiaries of the parent company, Allegis Group, uses with no "thank you" or appreciation of your scheduling flexibility or time.