Aerotek Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I have dealt with several recruiters now, and while they haven't all been great, there are others that are much better, and I have found that Aerotek has a lot of room for improvement.

They are consistently pushy, even for recruiters. You are never allowed to speak with the hiring manager unless it is through them. Their recruiters will try to low ball you, and pull out every last cliched trick from the negotiation handbook. I have also found some of their staff who were horrible when it came to responding to me. One recruiter was pressuring me to decide on an offer within 24 hours, yet she couldn't even return my phone calls within the day. Also did not email me things when she clearly promised to. So not much feeling of trust there.

Additionally, their job posting website is a joke. You cannot filter by city, or really any other useful criteria. Why would I want to see jobs in Los Angeles when I live in SF? Ridiculous. Another thing that indicates to me that they just don't care.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Informal interview with the agent. The actual interview would be at the company to which you will be sent as a contractor. Once they send your information to the potential employer, then they will call for a phone interview and then in-person interview. If the employer decides to hire you, you will be notified through Aerotek and the offer will be given through them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate a little. May be $1 or $2 per hour.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

it was one on one interview. interview with prophet mark, it self was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aerotek (Arden Hills, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Showed up to the Aerotek facility, was brought to a waiting room with no receptionists, and waited for the recruiter to talk to me. I was then directed to a small conference room where we discussed my resume and references. She asked if any of the references should not be contacted (ie: if your boss does not know you are looking for a job and you want to keep it a secret). She looked over the resume and then began the interview with the basic questions: Describe your strengths, weaknesses, a difficult challenge that sticks out to you that you have overcome, what do you like most about your last/current job, and what do you do at your current job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave her a number (smack dab in the middle of the range of hourly pay that would normally be offered for my skill set). She is a recruiter working for Aerotek- she will see if my qualifications match what other companies are searching for.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was ok overall, did not know it was a contract to hire company. Benefits are not as competitive as other regular companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe all the techniques used?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aerotek in January 2010.

Interview

Simple process. They moved quickly after with offers for interviews.