Aerotek Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Lengthy interview process. I was referred into the company by a friend. I had a phone interview followed by: an informational interview with the director of business operations, a behavioral interview, a half-day shadow including meeting with two account managers, and a final interview. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• First is informational, second is all behavioral questions. Very performance based.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek (San Ramon, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Communicated through a regional recruiter who set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 2 people who conducted the interview very professionally, unlike other interviews i've had. Really did not interest me after the interview was over, so no offer was not heart breaking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a 5-step process interview. I began with a phone call from a recruiter at Aerotek. She was very thorough and definitely made sure if it was something I wanted to do and sent me all kinds of material about the position, the company Aerotek, and all other guiding materials. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. I was told it was an informative interview with two account managers. This interview was thoroughly just asking about my background and why I came to where I am now. It lasted an hour and a half. I was called back for another interview. This I considered my third if I include the recruiter screening. This interview is the behavioral interview which is more in depth. Aerotek really focuses on how persistent you are and if you've ever failed before. The failure aspect really ties into how much can you handle and how competitive can you be. The behavioral interview also lasted an hour and a half. The following fourth interview was a half-day shadow. Be sure to ask plenty of questions and show enthusiasm during this time because you'll meet plenty of people in the office. Take notes because it shows you're adamant about learning the process. Towards the end I met with another account manager to have more questions asked (most redundant) and left around noon. The 5th interview was with two more senior account managers that wanted to get to know me mostly. By this time it was a lot of repeat questions, but it gave me more opportunity to know the senior account managers. They give extreme warnings about the job being difficult and you have to have a type-A personality as well as solely focused on your work all the time. Don't enter this job unprepared of this fact. They repeat over and over that you WILL fail at this job, but it's how you pick yourself up and handle the stress that makes you successful. Be sure to email everyone you meet because they give you their business card to send thank you and follow up emails. Overall, a thorough interview process and friendly and great environment with hardworking individuals in the company.

Interview Questions

• What have you ever failed at? Give me a time where someone else made the mistake and how did you handle it or what did you have to do? What makes you competitive? What makes you different from the rest? (don't be generic about this question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't negotiation because everyone starts off with the same base salary pay and then whatever commission you earn. The first 13 weeks is training therefore you're paid hourly, but roughly the same amount of the salary pay.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process is extensive. Be ready to meet multiple people from the company and be knowledgeable of the recruiter industry.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was fairly simple and laid back interview. Being a recruiter he was only interested in talking about my experience to determine which field of work would be best for me. And of course questions about what kind of jobs I am interested in and what is the minimum compensation I require.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (Oakland, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I reached out to Aerotek based on a job offer, and followed with a phone call two days later. The initial conversation was positive, and was followed by an onsite interview.
    The interviewer was friendly, and well attuned to the needs of the client. She was capable of seeing the commonality between my previous industry of experience and the industry her client was operating in.

Interview Questions

• Many specific questions around my experience in production and how it would be relevant to the needs of the end client.
      Also asked a few - not many - questions about my objectives and personal aspirations.

1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was transferring from an Aerotek office in Plano, TX to South San Francisco. The interviewing process in S. SF was ridiculously tedious. Clearly the company had hired me before and my current office was encouraging the transfer, I had to interview with 3 different people and follow up with about 6 different reference checks. I should have known that this office micro-manages and controls their employees like crazy just from the interview process alone.

Interview Questions

• Why should we move you out here and trust that you won't leave as soon as you get the transfer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I received the 1st calll interview from aerotek and it was brief. 30 minute conversation. funny thing is I was the one asking all the questions. mari the recruiter only asked me what interests you about recruiting. and the rest of time she kept asking me if I have any questions.

This is my first interview. I have the second one today

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be competitve, and know your worth.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aerotek (San Ramon, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Everything went well. Aerotek is basically looking for someone who is sales driven, someone who is into making money. One of the questions that stood out was "Are you looking for a great working relationship or one in which you make more money?" (Hint: Answer is $$$!).
    The recruiter turned me off by asking what other jobs I had been searching for. I informed her that since my degree is in a social science field, I am searching in the sales, managerial, and administrative field. She scolded me for searching for work in the administrative field, saying, "This concerns me because administrative work is such where you simply receive the same paycheck, regardless of what your work performance is like, and I am concerned this may reflect your work ethic." I'm sorry, I didn't know that Aerotek recruiters are psychologists as well *sarcasm*. Anywho, I got no offer for a second interview or a job (obviously) and was notified of such 2 days later.
    Aerotek recruiters need to know that just because one is looking in the administrative sector, does not make them lazy.
    Thanks for wasting 30 minutes of my time!

Interview Questions

• What other industries have you been searching for work in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek (Alameda, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

It began with a phone interview. I was then called in to interview in person. After completing that segment of the interview, I was called upon to show my capability by working alongside a current recruiter. Once it was determined I was a good fit, I was offered the position.