Aerotek Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.8

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

After the phone interview a face to face interview was scheduled. The in person interview was two parts. Part one was a panel interview with 2 of the senior recruiters. They asked a lot about my background and typical interview questions. The second part was an interview with the director. This interview was much more in depth. Make sure you stay composed, some tricky questions. The interviews took roughly 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Phone screening, Brief Phone interview going over the company, role and about yourself, In person interview with director of business ops, panel interview with account managers, job shadow and lastly another meeting (phone) with director of business ops.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aerotek (Woburn, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter she kept in touch throughout the interview process, but it took a lot of effort to get a hold of her. She reached out only when she needed me not when I had questions for her. The first interview went well. I interviewed with one manager and another recruiter. They were very professional and had good questions. On the second interview which was a 1/2 day shadow I got to see the whole office. Aside from the majority seeming immature, there was one manager who loved to use swear words and came off as a bit offensive...then I had an interview with 2 "managers" who had no idea what they were doing. They did not even know what questions to ask me, and told me that, no intimidation I found myself bored and waiting for a challenge. I was told I would get an answer within a week, nobody responded. Very unprofessional and disgusted by the individuals working there. I am so glad this did not work out, later on I came to find out that I was overqualified... kind of ironic to have a recruiting company not call you back when they make those calls everyday for a living. Stay away, not worth it there are MUCH better and highly respected companies out there that will also offer much more money. P.S. very crappy benefits, high insurance costs, from my understanding almost no time off and not your typical 9-5. This is a job for college grads with a gpa below 2.5 and not a very high IQ.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter? What management style do you prefer? Do you have any questions? Do you have any questions? Do you have any questions? (Because we have nothing else to ask you)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aerotek (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat in a conference room and manager asked me questions. Asked me really uncomfortable things like what my parents do for a living and if I paid for college myself. Also started looking at texts on their phone halfway through interview.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Saw job posting on glass door, applied to the position. got a call a few days later from a recruiter and set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview then had an in person interview at the location. the interview went great so i had a half day shadow interview. this went well and i was told to follow up as I did the following day. There was no answer so i left a message, then had to follow up again a few days later. Upon receiving the call they were unprepared to give an answer and I received the information that they had gone with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What bad things would your manager have to say about you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aerotek (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by the internal hiring manager and had to go through two phone interviews before being invited to interview in person. The first phone interview was a very simple get-to-know-you kind of thing. After the first you're sent links and material to prepare you for the second, where you're expected to know about the company and the position, as well as why you want to work there, what motivates you, etc. Finally the in-person interview. This is very conversational, and there isn't too much pressure on you. The interviewer just asked about my past experiences, jobs, and schooling. Getting a feel for work ethic, personality, motivations, etc. There was one more in-person interview where you spend a half-day shadowing someone at the position, as well as more behavioral interview questions, but I was not asked back for that one.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

It is very intense and you will have a lot of interviews throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek (San Ramon, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Communicated through a regional recruiter who set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 2 people who conducted the interview very professionally, unlike other interviews i've had. Really did not interest me after the interview was over, so no offer was not heart breaking.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek (Raleigh, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted within a week regarding a position with Aerotek. I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter and she transferred me over to her account manager's voicemail. I spoke with the account manager a few days later and discussed with her my interest in the company so she invited me to an open house. The account manager advised asking a lot of questions at the open house. The open house was mainly an overview of the company and some informal one-on-one interactions with current recruiters and account managers. One thing I will say is that if you know someone, you are more likely to get in.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek (Woburn, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial communications were great however when I went to the office I was in for surprise. Staff made me wait around for 15-20 mins before filling out paperwork, and then came the review. What a disaster this was. Completely not engaged interviewers who were looking to hurry through it to leave for lunch, and they weren't afraid to hide it. The embarrassing part for them is I got their cards and they were more senior than I would have expected this treatment from. The interview wrapped up and I never heard back, but all is well because a week or so later I got an offer doing sales/marketing making over 20k more than I would have at Aerotek.