Aetna

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

I secured an interview through networking. The interviewing process involved two phone interviews and an in person interview. The first phone interview was very basic. They asked about my background, career goals, and why I would be a good candidate. The second phone interview was pretty difficult. It compromised of two parts--each with different people. Both parts mirrored each other. They asked about my skills, experience, why I would be a good candidate, and some questions to test my knowledge. They would explain a situation then ask me what I though about certain aspects of the situation. All in all not the hardest interview I have ever had but pretty tough nonetheless.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to demonstrate my communication skills by having me choose something, pretend they did not know anything about what I chose, and explain it to them. For example, I chose a common statistic called 'expected value'.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna.

Took about 1.5 months from phone interview to accepted offer. Everyone was incredibly nice throughout the whole process. Phone interview, then in person interview (set up about 1 week after phone interview), and then offer came about 2 weeks later. There are a couple more informal parts to the interview (a dinner and a lunch) which were particularly stress free at this company; everyone was relaxed and awesome.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would go about pricing a new product.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. The questions were mostly behavioral. I then came in for an in-person interview. I met with several students in the program and had a 3-person interview as well. They actually didn't ask any technical questions. If your background is not actuarial, they'll ask why you want to be an actuary. They also asked why health insurance and not life or P&C. They contacted me soon after to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Reference an insurance-related article and tell me how that relates to Aetna and why Aetna should care.   View Answer