Aetna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Actuary I Interview

Actuary I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and had my resume submitted to HR by a friend.
Got a phone interview which went well and led to them flying me in for a 1 on 1.

The in person interview was a day at the office+dinner the night before. Most interviewers were nice but did not ask any challenging questions. (It was mainly a personality thing.)

At the end of the day, I don't think I would have ever been hired. I have not studied actuarial science and had only begun taking exams. Most of the people there studied actuarial science in college and have passed several exams. The emphasis of their hiring process is more on whether or not you can pass exams and have a good GPA than it is on testing your intelligence.

Overall, the people were nice and the culture was good (not relaxed like a newer company though). I think if you have a decent GPA, 2-3 exams passed, and can talk while making eye contact, you have a good shot here.

Interview Question – There was a fermi problem, a few "talk about a situation when..." and then the usual resume scroll.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna Actuary I interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.