Aetna

Updated Jan 11, 2015

Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

I was contacted for a phone interview, which led to a face to face interview that included shadowing a team member actually performing the job. I was contacted and told that I was not selected.

Shortly afterwards, I was contacted and asked for a 3rd interview, yet during the interview (which was via conference call), the manager asked me if I would give her a hard time because she's older than me and I'd be reporting to her. She asked if I'd have an issue with her job title vs mine. Yes, she actually asked me that. The actual job was in their Austin, TX call center but the Mgr was in the Dallas area.

I continued through the interview and was offered the job later, but I declined solely based on her ignorant age discriminatory based question and the fact that they didn't seem very interested in me because they turned me down initially.

Interview Questions
  • would I have an issue reporting to someone younger than myself   Answer Question

The discriminatory question that I was asked and because they didn't seem 100% confident in hiring me initially.

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in March 2014.

Applied online. Received a call 3 days later to schedule a phone interview. About a 30 minute phone interview ths was a bit excessive for a call center rep position. Went in for a face to face interview with some ride and inconsiderate people. I live on the opposite end of town and had to travel 30+ miles to get there. I arrived 15 minutes early and they were 15 minutes late. Also you are inteviewed by three people and they ask a bunch of excessive questions that have nothing to do with the position. I was only interviewed by two and waited 45 minutes for the person and she never showed up. I was told they would reschedule my interview and that was a lie. They emailed me a few days later saying they are pursuing other candidates. Totally inconsiderate towards me. I would never consider working there even if i was offered a position with them. Better jobs with better hours and benefits are out there.

Interview Questions
    • What are some innovative ideas you have shared at work and what was it?   Answer Question