Aetna Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Phone interview asking both behavioral and technical questions. They asked me specific questions on what I did as mentioned on my work experience. Ask some questions on Hadoop, Map Reduce and Data Analytics.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions from resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called one day after I had applied. the phone interview consisted of your standard questions such as why do you want to work for aetna? How come you applied to this position? I was thrown off by questions such as desired salary but I still handled it pretty decently.

"Analyst" Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a series of interviews. Everyone very professional and personable. One person (peer level) was driven to explain everything about the role and process within the time he had. Very informative.

Interview Questions

• Why Aetna specifically? (versus other markets? companies? insurance companies?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Blue Bell, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Resume was found online by an agency. Agency called to tell me I was selected for an interview. Interview was scheduled the next week, and it was a phone interview with two individuals who I was only given the first names of. The first interviewer asked me a couple questions related to my background and gave me a logic/reasoning test in which a scenario was described, and a solution had to be given to the problem using a process which involved steps in data analysis. The second interviewer asked a couple general questions but described the department and its roles and responsibilities. This was followed the next week by on-site interview, which was also fairly straightforward and easy. No gotchas or stumper questions here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was an hourly rate based on the signed contract. Final salary was very close to the hourl rate but a little bit below

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in November 2012.

Interview

First interview is a half hour phone interview. Asked about academic and working experience. A;so gave a case, let you talk about how you are going to analyze it.The second interview is an onsite, lasted for about an hour. Meet around 10 persons, including manager and analysts. Tested technique skills and communication skills.