Aetna

Aetna Claim Benefit Specialist Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2015.

Very Easy Good. Met with different managers and they asked various questions about work history ect. Felt very comfortable. Questions a lot about attendance ect. Also, about how much you can process and about working overtime.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna in May 2012.

All was possible and extremely professional once it was determined I was fully capable of performing the job duties. Everything seemed to be optimistic until the actual 'training' and job functions began.

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aetna in March 2010.

Initially the hiring process is rather automated. They have HR representatives that will contact you if your qualifications will fit the job role. From there they ask very simple questions, and schedule a phone interview. The phone interview gets a little more in depth with standard interview questions. If your phone interview is successful they will set up a face to face interview with a hiring manager for the position. The HR by phone will tell you the interview will take approximately 30 minutes. I was there for nearly two hours, but clearly that was a good thing since I was hired. I always make a point to ask lots of questions and research the company before hand. I am to get the interviewer to talk more than I do, which is what ended up happening after lots of thorough questions. After having a successful interview with the team lead, she called the team manager who sat with me for another one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly hard, but the only one I can really remember is how do you set up your day for success?   View Answer
    I am usually sucessful with negotiation but there was no budge room for this position. It's very automated- everything is by the book. They plug in you experience with billing, medical, anything else that might pertain to your job and that's how they get the salary. It has little to do with your competency or potential. This particular position included so much flexibility that I couldn't say no even though it was a huge pay cut from my previous job (in an unrelated field). Our office gets to wear jeans. In a year or two you are eligible to work from home. They have a flex schedule where you can come in any time from 6-9am... put in your 8 hours, and leave accordingly.