Aetna Claim Benefit Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Easy Good. Met with different managers and they asked various questions about work history ect. Felt very comfortable. Questions a lot about attendance ect. Also, about how much you can process and about working overtime.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later got a call from talent...basic interview then was scheduled for a face to face with hiring manager onsite. Seemed rushed with the hiring manger, asked basic customer service type questions, which I thought was odd since the job I applied for wasnt customer service based but had no issues answering the questions. 2 weeks later got a call to complete online application. A few days later received a call from HR that I needed to submit W2's for two positions I've held in the past to verify employment. I received an email a couple days letter with drug test information and formal letter of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Arlington, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

All was possible and extremely professional once it was determined I was fully capable of performing the job duties. Everything seemed to be optimistic until the actual 'training' and job functions began.

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview, then face-to-face. Phone interview was scheduled late at night, face-to-face interview was okay but I felt tension in the interview. I'm not sure if they were having a bad day but that should have been a sign.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a difficult caller concerning an unpaid claim?   Answer Question

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aetna in March 2010.

Interview

Initially the hiring process is rather automated. They have HR representatives that will contact you if your qualifications will fit the job role. From there they ask very simple questions, and schedule a phone interview. The phone interview gets a little more in depth with standard interview questions. If your phone interview is successful they will set up a face to face interview with a hiring manager for the position. The HR by phone will tell you the interview will take approximately 30 minutes. I was there for nearly two hours, but clearly that was a good thing since I was hired. I always make a point to ask lots of questions and research the company before hand. I am to get the interviewer to talk more than I do, which is what ended up happening after lots of thorough questions. After having a successful interview with the team lead, she called the team manager who sat with me for another one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly hard, but the only one I can really remember is how do you set up your day for success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am usually sucessful with negotiation but there was no budge room for this position. It's very automated- everything is by the book. They plug in you experience with billing, medical, anything else that might pertain to your job and that's how they get the salary. It has little to do with your competency or potential. This particular position included so much flexibility that I couldn't say no even though it was a huge pay cut from my previous job (in an unrelated field). Our office gets to wear jeans. In a year or two you are eligible to work from home. They have a flex schedule where you can come in any time from 6-9am... put in your 8 hours, and leave accordingly.