Aetna

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Claim Benefit Specialist

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aetna in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially the hiring process is rather automated. They have HR representatives that will contact you if your qualifications will fit the job role. From there they ask very simple questions, and schedule a phone interview. The phone interview gets a little more in depth with standard interview questions. If your phone interview is successful they will set up a face to face interview with a hiring manager for the position. The HR by phone will tell you the interview will take approximately 30 minutes. I was there for nearly two hours, but clearly that was a good thing since I was hired. I always make a point to ask lots of questions and research the company before hand. I am to get the interviewer to talk more than I do, which is what ended up happening after lots of thorough questions. After having a successful interview with the team lead, she called the team manager who sat with me for another one on one interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly hard, but the only one I can really remember is how do you set up your day for success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am usually sucessful with negotiation but there was no budge room for this position. It's very automated- everything is by the book. They plug in you experience with billing, medical, anything else that might pertain to your job and that's how they get the salary. It has little to do with your competency or potential. This particular position included so much flexibility that I couldn't say no even though it was a huge pay cut from my previous job (in an unrelated field). Our office gets to wear jeans. In a year or two you are eligible to work from home. They have a flex schedule where you can come in any time from 6-9am... put in your 8 hours, and leave accordingly.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna Claim Benefit Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.