Aetna

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Counsel Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aetna in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and also had an internal employee send my resume directly to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me directly (not HR, but the actual person who would be supervising me) within a few days to set up an interview. I had expected the typical corporate, multi-person interview that would take hours but it was just the one hiring manager and myself. This struck me as strange for a company as large as Aetna.

She took me to a conference room near the front lobby. She got lost getting there so she clearly hadn't been there before. She had a sheet of pre-printed questions that she said she had to ask me - HR type questions. "What is a problem you have encountered in your current job and how did you deal with it?"...that sort of stuff. This took about 15 minutes. Then she just said, is there anything else you want to tell me. No structure at all. She had no other questions for me at all, and didnt provide any info on the job itself until I asked her. She was not a good interviewer and I almost had to lead the interview.

I did not get the job, and I have a feeling that I was interviewed only as a courtesy to my employee friend that referred me. The job was listed as "closed" on the career website two days after my interview. It kind of felt like they already had someone picked out and I was interviewed as an afterthought, which would explain the low level of preparation on the interviewer's part.

Interview Question – Give an example of a problem you faced at your current job and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna Counsel interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.