Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.7

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

Applied online through the Aetna website. I received a phone call about a week later for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview portion & was scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was very easy it was just basically situation question's. The recruiter was very friendly. I would say overall it was an easy interview. She told me i would receive a follow up email within the next two weeks after they finished interviewing additional candidates. I am currently waiting to see if i receive an email with a job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Indeed. I received a follow up call a week later from a private number. He asked if I could attend a job fair to interview. At the job fair I had my first interview with 2 people. Asked general call center scenarios. I got asked to stay for 2nd interview. Some people were being escorted out after first so I was happy. I got an email that night to fill out official application. Monday I got called with an offer and asked to take a urinalysis drug screen. Process took 2 weeks because they were looking to fill a class.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a top performer?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation with a difficult customer and how did you turn it around.   Answer Question
    None. Took 30k.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

Applied on Indeed. Received call week later for a phone interview. After interview I was told to complete online application along with resume. Then told once that was completed HR would review my information and contact me for possible second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna.

they call you over the phone from a private number. your basic questions about scenarios of overcoming obstacles of adversities. they will refer back to your resume so while you are on the phone with them it would only help to have a copy of your resume in front of you. ask about your previous 3 jobs, your responsibilities there, and why you left.

Interview Questions
    • no really difficult questions. if you have done over the phone interviews before you will be fine.   Answer Question

respectfully held off on accepting the offer to see what other opportunities i would come across

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna.

applied online. few months later received email for phone interview. then, couple weeks later received email for face to face interview with the general manager of the department. A few days later received email that I have been offered the position. Started training two weeks after that offer.

Interview Questions
    non- negotiable, everyone starts out at the same rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

I applied online and was called by a recruiter 2 days later. At that time I had a phone interview. I was told that I passed the phone interview and she scheduled an in person interview the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna in July 2014.

applied 7/25.. they emailed test with 1 day.. tok test 7/29...recvd a call on 7/30 ,,(phone interview) simple question (tell me about a time .etc) she immediatly set up face to face interview for 8/1.. got a call 8/13 nto fill out offical application ( background questions, last address for 7rs .etc)...then did hear nothing for awhile ,clld hotline they couldnt tell me nothing .. status was still saying under review ..finally got a call 8/28 offering me postion and advising me i have 72 hours for drug test ..and they are starting the background check.... accepted.. position starts 9/29 ,

they offered 32,000 year, accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Aetna's website. I was asked to complete a computer literacy test which was pretty simple then I was called and asked a few questions by one of the recruiters. She then scheduled me for a phone interview which I did a few days later. The phone interview had several questions that I found difficult and a little ridiculous for a Cust Svc rep position. They were mainly situation questions and they really needed you to be specific. Since it has been a few years since my last Cust Svc job I really struggled with giving exact examples.... I had my phone interview a few days ago and still haven't heard anything... I assume if I would have gotten a f2f interview it would have been scheduled at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me a time when you had to deal with a very upset customer who was crying and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in May 2014.

Simply put, I applied online and received a phone call from one of their recruiters, who pre-screened me and then, set up a full telephone interview afterwards.

The phone interview entailed typical experiences you have encountered in a customer service / call center related position, and how you handled the situation.

I passed the phone interview with flying colors and was offered a face-to-face interview at their Tampa office.

There were 2 men in the room, reviewing my resume and asking me basic questions about my work history and giving more detailed info. about the position itself.

They told me to feel free to ask as many questions as possible. So, I did.

Although both claimed to have worked for Aetna for several years, when I asked them questions about COMPANY BENEFITS, neither of them could give me an answer!

Each said they did not know and that it was a "Good question", but they would have to, "Look into it in case someone else has the same question."

This says alot about Aetna and the individuals they place in charge of hiring.

Honestly, the phone interview was more intense than the f2f interview.

At the end of the so-called interview, both shook my hand and explained to me that it would be about two weeks before I hear anything from Aetna about their hiring decision. I was also told to contact the recruiter hotline for more info.

I was told not to get discouraged if it took longer than 2 weeks to hear back from anyone.

I interviewed via phone and f2f back in mid May 2014, and called Aetna's so -called recruitment hotline for CSR jobs, and no one could tell me anything except, "Your application is still under review, someone will call or email you when they reach a hiring decision."

The remainder of June and all of July passed. No emails or phone calls from Aetna.

Out of curiosity, I recently called their little recruitment hotline to see what possible reason or LIE, they would give for not reaching out to me all this time.

The recruiter said to me, "I show you have an active application from May 2014 and you interviewed with us." I asked what my status was because I haven't heard anything from Aetna. His response was, "I can't really tell you what their decision is, but your application is good for 6 months".

I responded, "So Aetna doesn't send out courtesy emails to let applicants know whether or not they've been chosen for a position?

He responded, "They only contact you if they are interested in moving forward in the hiring process. Since you haven't heard anything, you probably were not chosen." "But your application will remain good for 6 months."

I just hung up in his face!

This tells me that Aetna is not a good company to seek employment with.

Aetna is very incourteous to their applicants and highly unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical customer service/call center scenarios and experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in April 2014.

I applied for the CSR position online on 4/16 the next day I received a call with a small interview, couple questions only. The following week I received another call from aetna to schedule a face to face interview a week ago. I interviewed with two really nice ladies they told me that I should hear back from the people scouts line in two weeks. A week after the interview i received an email from aetna to fill out an application online and submit consent form for the background check, which I submitted. I called aetna the next day to see if they received my application the lady that helped stated that she received my application but i needed to make some corrections. She told me she will send me an email to fix it but i haven't received an email since i talked to her. Does anyone know what is the process after submitting the application to them or how long it takes to hear back from them?