Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Phone screening by and HR retruiter and then a one on one interview with a supervisor, they called withing a few days with a job offer and then you start a 6 week training in order to prepare you for taking the phone calls.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions...how have you handles situations with customers in the past.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Too long of a process phone interview then Nxt day 1:1 not only was I given the wrong names of the supposed interviewers I was early and pretty much lied to. This is not a company I should work with or for. Oh good answer, oh you did a great job with the mock call, blah,blah,blah.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, what if, tell me when etc. It was a waste of my time I was told TBD of training, health benefits and starting pay and I would fall in between the starting rate, oh good answer only to receive an rejection email today. I feel instead of lies be honest and you've lost a very good person with the the skills needed and then some. But hey God Bless ya   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Pompano Beach, FL).

Interview

The process was easy and took about 2 weeks to complete. Filled out the application online, got a call for an interview. Interviewed that same day and got an offer before I left.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why do you want to be a quality analyst? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Had to go through testing on the computer, fill out online application, phone interview and have a face to face interview. It was your typical interview questions. Nothing out of the unusual. Not too difficult but had lengthy questions for the interview on the phone and face to face.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had difficulty with a coworker and how did you handle it? What did you like most about your last job and what did you like least about it. Tell me a time when a customer was upset and how did you handle it and what did you do for the customer? Typical questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter a day after applying online. The next day I received another call and was scheduled to have interview with the hiring managers. The hiring managers were very professional and asked behavioral questions. The same day I was interviewed I received a call from the recruiter who made an offer. I accepted the offer and now in the process of the pre-employment drug test and background check.The process in overall was great; everyone was courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding situations and how you would handle them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online and had 2 employee referrals. It took 2 weeks before I got a phone call back. Had a quick interview over the phone and scheduled my 1 on 1 interview for the following day. I was told the interview would be about an hour. I went in fully prepared and answered all of the questions/scenarios the hiring manager had. My interview was done in less than 30 minutes. I was told I would be contacted Friday afternoon or Monday at the latest. I never got a phone call but on Monday morning I received the follow up application which told me I had been selected. I filled out the application and background check information and submitted it the same day. After waiting 3 days for some type of response (Phone call/email) I emailed the HR person who sent me the application. I got a call about 2 hours later with an offer. I accepted the offer and am now just waiting for my background check to be complete.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to go above and beyond in the workplace.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online received a phone call a week later for a phone interview from a Chicago number phone interview took approximately 20 minutes was put on hold after the phone interview HR got back on the line instead it that they would like to schedule a face to face interview had my interview the next daywhich was a Thursday today it's Tuesday haven't heard back from them yet call the number that they called me from to schedule the interview and was told they still haven't received any feedback on me so I'm still waiting to hear back from him

Interview Questions

• very simple regular customer service driven interview questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Received a call from recruiting about half hour phone interview. Next day call to set up a face to face. Face to face was about one hoe with two managers. Pretty basic questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I am leaving this review as more of a word of caution. I applied for an Aetna Customer service rep position and I actually got a call from a recruiter. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the call as I was assisting someone as a translator at a doctor's appointment. The recruiter left her phone number in a voicemail and I promptly called back 3 minutes later. I left a voice message and called back seven times throughout the day. And I've been calling sporadically throughout this week. That was last Friday, and today is February 25. Nobody bothered to answer my message if even to AT LEAST tell me that all candidates have been scheduled for an interview. When I called the recruiter back, she sounded (her voice mail message) like she was already being asked for too much by being expected to breath on her own; this included the phrase "I'll TRY to call you back" in her voice mail message. So I implore anyone reading this - if you applied for Aetna and see a call from Chicago on your caller ID (I guess that's where their recruiters are based), try to answer it immediately. It looks like these people hire for numbers and aren't really trying to hire based on qualifications. For example, they can't reach one person and just keep going down their long list of phone numbers. THEY..WILL..NOT...CALL... YOU... BACK. I do not understand what the point of leaving prospective employees a voice mail if you have no intentions of either calling them back, or answering their questions. I'd really hate to think that I missed out on an opportunity of employment because a recruiter was just on autopilot all day. I cannot imagine what exactly is happening to the American work force if it is impossible to even connect with a RECRUITER! A RECRUITER! That's the FRONT LINE of the hiring process! That's like saying that you're in the order line at Starbucks, but it's impossible to speak to a barista.

Interview Questions

• Please call us back so that we can ignore you.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a really positive experience overall. I applied online and about 3 weeks later I received a 10-15 min over-the-phone interview from a recruiter in Chicago, IL and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview in my area. The face-to-face interview, in my opinion, felt like it went really well. It was with the head manager of the Medicare CSR department and the trainer assistant. They were both incredibly nice and welcoming which made me feel at ease throughout the entire interview. Basic CSR questions and scenarios. Then they have you role play which was pretty intense however I felt like I tackled that one pretty well (fingers crossed). The interview lasted for about an hour. Still waiting on a call to see whether or not they'd like to extend me an offer but I feel pretty confident that I did really well.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Do you know anyone who works for Aetna? What do you know about Aetna?   Answer Question
    • At your most recent job, how did you do on your last evaluation? What do they score you on? How is your attendance?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a specific time when you've had to handle a difficult guest and how you overcame that.   Answer Question
    • Say you are explaining something to a guest 3-4 times and the guest is still not understanding, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with call centers?   Answer Question