Aetna

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Normal and not difficult from any other call center job. Phone interview first, face to face interview second, then background check and drug test after you are offered the job.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – I applied online, then had two telephone interviews. The first was very short, basic info (contact etc) The second asked about my experience, education and a few interview questions, then I was invited for a face to face the following day. The face to face involved 3 people (one after another) with basic interview questions.

Interview Question – It was a three part question about a time I worked on a difficult group project, with more than one task and I had an unpopular opinion.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Phone interview pretty easy

Interview Question – Most difficult question would be tell me a time you had a upset customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

Interview Details – my process took 2 weeks 12/15 did app and got first call,12/16 did first interview,12/20 did f2f

Well you do the app and then you get an email with general computer questions and if you do well on that you get a call and on that call it is from HR asking you general questions about your csr experience and how many days that you missed and how many times have you been late then they offer a full phone interview I got these questions:

-How do you build rapport?
-Give me a time where you provided excellent customer service how did you react.
-Give me a time where you needed a supervisor and there was no one around.
she then asked me about my last job and why i left

they put you on hold for a couple of seconds and then if they like you you get to do the f2f

at my f2f I was interviewed by a QA employee and a sup. on the phone at the main office and they both took notes.I was asked these questions:

-Give me a time where you had a difficult time with a customer and how did you resolve the issue
-Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)
-They gave me the REAL job description and asked how I felt about the position
-They asked if I knew what adherence was and any issues I have with it
-How would they benefit from hiring me?

so far that is as far as I got +=)

****BE DESCRIPTIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS!!!****

Interview Question – -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)???   View Answer

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2009.

Interview Details – First applied online, then received a phone call a few weeks later, then had a 1 on 1 interview a couple days later. There is had to take testing and pass, then I was called the same day with the offer.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything difficult. Basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in August 2009.

Interview Details – This is a call center, entry level position. I was pre-screened by telephone for call center customer service and insurance or medical experience. There was an email follow up and I documented my work history and took a basic apptitude test online. Within a week I was interviewed by a current supervisor and that individual's recomendation lead to an offer the following week. As I have promoted the interview process was appropriate for the position with initial panel interviews and several follow up interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to interact with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cut and dried for this entry level job. As I have promoted there has been more oportunity to negotiate a more agreeable salary.

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in July 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied at a site called workataetna.com and received a call in 2 days from a recruiter
who did an immediate phone interview. She then scheduled me the next week for an in-person interview at the call center. I met with 2 supervisors who were very cordial and asked what-if situational questions. They also wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current job and they seemed concerned about the fact that the salary range for his position was considerably lower than what I was currently making. I told them I was seeking a career change and well aware of the drop in income. I didn't feel it was necessary to detail my personal finances to them so they understood I could make it on the lower salary. Overall the interview went well and the supevisor told me I gave her some good responses. About a week later, I received an e-mail to complete their application and consent to the background check. Sounded promising to me. Today, I received the offer call from the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?

How did you repsond to a problem without first conferring with a supervisor and what was the outcome?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I feel I was lowballed on the offer. I asked the recruiter to reconsider a higher offer due to my insurance, customer service, and educational background. I told her I knew the salary range and was expecting the high end. She didn't budge and became a little ruffled that I would even suggest a better offer. My question--if they were so concerned about my salary drop, why would they think I'd accept the lower end of the range? Answer, they wanted to lowball me, knew I'd likely refuse because I was qualified for a higher salary, and as a result they can move on to any other lower qualified person who would happily take their offer. My suggestion would be to not do this to people you feel are overqualified, if you don't want to make a sincere offer, don't make one at all. They wanted my talent, but didn't want to compensate me.

South Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the online questionnaire and posted my resume. I received a few initial phone calls -screening calls covering the basics (hours, attendance, years of CSR experience, attendance history).
Within a week they called again and scheduled a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two customer service supervisors, together. It was very laid back and comfortable. The questions were behavior style questions - specific work experience situations/challenges and my specific solution.
I received another call the same day; they asked that I fill out an employment application and credit report disclosure, as well as information about any prior government positions held. Upon completion of the background check, there will be a drug screening. Then if all goes well, an official offer of employment.
Outcome unknown, though, it was a really smooth, thorough and respecatable process.

Interview Question – How do you maintain excellent quality in the work you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Submit app online and phone interview and then in person interview

Interview Question – your weakness   Answer Question

Bethlehem, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Still in the interview process. My first line of advice is go back and READ all the other reviews WRITE down the questions they were asked and prepare your answers to them, they expect detailed responses and making a reply on the fly will drag out your response or make them ask the question several times (not good). Know about the company and your position. From my experience I believe the hiring process to be almost as explained in the website but also somewhat varied. I applied online 5/15 in a short time I received an email to complete an online questionnaire. Very simple assessment of basic computer skills, but I had difficulties with my track pad it was designed with the computer mouse in mind.On 5/17 I had a phone call of what I believe to be the "Voice test".. a brief questioning about Why you chose the position?How many years of relevant experience? Recent work attendance in the past 6 months absence and lateness. Confirmation of basic information collected. I'm not sure if a mistake was made but at the end of the call the rep stated they would forward the info to senior recruiters however did not schedule the telephone interview as in most cases. On 5/20 I contacted the HR explained I had a call but was unclear about the nature of the call since I was not offered to schedule a telephone interview, the HR rep set up my telephone interview for 5/21. Completed phone interview on 5/21. I was asked Why did I leave my previous employment for ALL previous employers in 7 years? How many years of Customer service, call center and clinical experience (know your numbers no guessing they have your resume in front of them)? Name a time you dealt with significant change in the workplace and how it affected you? Give an example of how you handled a problem before it became and issue? Give an example of a time you went above and beyond? How do you build rapport with the customer? Name a time you handled a problem with a customer without the presence of a supervisor?At the conclusion I was placed on hold, after the hold I was told my profile was assigned for review the next day and a phone call or email regarding next steps would follow.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced a significant change in the workplace in how it affected you..I had a definite example however it required more detail of how the issues affected me...In answering the question I realized the answer. So find a detail that was a difference to you i.e doing more work in less time etc.   Answer Question
  • Unexpected question .. also difficult because supervision was almost constant. Describe a time you had to handle a problem without the presence of a supervisor? I knew my prev role well enough to think of a experience off-hand.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.