Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2014.

Simply put, I applied online and received a phone call from one of their recruiters, who pre-screened me and then, set up a full telephone interview afterwards.

The phone interview entailed typical experiences you have encountered in a customer service / call center related position, and how you handled the situation.

I passed the phone interview with flying colors and was offered a face-to-face interview at their Tampa office.

There were 2 men in the room, reviewing my resume and asking me basic questions about my work history and giving more detailed info. about the position itself.

They told me to feel free to ask as many questions as possible. So, I did.

Although both claimed to have worked for Aetna for several years, when I asked them questions about COMPANY BENEFITS, neither of them could give me an answer!

Each said they did not know and that it was a "Good question", but they would have to, "Look into it in case someone else has the same question."

This says alot about Aetna and the individuals they place in charge of hiring.

Honestly, the phone interview was more intense than the f2f interview.

At the end of the so-called interview, both shook my hand and explained to me that it would be about two weeks before I hear anything from Aetna about their hiring decision. I was also told to contact the recruiter hotline for more info.

I was told not to get discouraged if it took longer than 2 weeks to hear back from anyone.

I interviewed via phone and f2f back in mid May 2014, and called Aetna's so -called recruitment hotline for CSR jobs, and no one could tell me anything except, "Your application is still under review, someone will call or email you when they reach a hiring decision."

The remainder of June and all of July passed. No emails or phone calls from Aetna.

Out of curiosity, I recently called their little recruitment hotline to see what possible reason or LIE, they would give for not reaching out to me all this time.

The recruiter said to me, "I show you have an active application from May 2014 and you interviewed with us." I asked what my status was because I haven't heard anything from Aetna. His response was, "I can't really tell you what their decision is, but your application is good for 6 months".

I responded, "So Aetna doesn't send out courtesy emails to let applicants know whether or not they've been chosen for a position?

He responded, "They only contact you if they are interested in moving forward in the hiring process. Since you haven't heard anything, you probably were not chosen." "But your application will remain good for 6 months."

I just hung up in his face!

This tells me that Aetna is not a good company to seek employment with.

Aetna is very incourteous to their applicants and highly unprofessional!

Interview Questions
  • All questions were typical customer service/call center scenarios and experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aetna.

they call you over the phone from a private number. your basic questions about scenarios of overcoming obstacles of adversities. they will refer back to your resume so while you are on the phone with them it would only help to have a copy of your resume in front of you. ask about your previous 3 jobs, your responsibilities there, and why you left.

Interview Questions
    • no really difficult questions. if you have done over the phone interviews before you will be fine.   Answer Question

respectfully held off on accepting the offer to see what other opportunities i would come across

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

I applied online and was called by a recruiter 2 days later. At that time I had a phone interview. I was told that I passed the phone interview and she scheduled an in person interview the next day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 8 months - interviewed at Aetna.

applied online. few months later received email for phone interview. then, couple weeks later received email for face to face interview with the general manager of the department. A few days later received email that I have been offered the position. Started training two weeks after that offer.

Interview Questions
    non- negotiable, everyone starts out at the same rate

Anonymous Employee  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Aetna's website. I was asked to complete a computer literacy test which was pretty simple then I was called and asked a few questions by one of the recruiters. She then scheduled me for a phone interview which I did a few days later. The phone interview had several questions that I found difficult and a little ridiculous for a Cust Svc rep position. They were mainly situation questions and they really needed you to be specific. Since it has been a few years since my last Cust Svc job I really struggled with giving exact examples.... I had my phone interview a few days ago and still haven't heard anything... I assume if I would have gotten a f2f interview it would have been scheduled at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me a time when you had to deal with a very upset customer who was crying and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna in April 2014.

I applied for the CSR position online on 4/16 the next day I received a call with a small interview, couple questions only. The following week I received another call from aetna to schedule a face to face interview a week ago. I interviewed with two really nice ladies they told me that I should hear back from the people scouts line in two weeks. A week after the interview i received an email from aetna to fill out an application online and submit consent form for the background check, which I submitted. I called aetna the next day to see if they received my application the lady that helped stated that she received my application but i needed to make some corrections. She told me she will send me an email to fix it but i haven't received an email since i talked to her. Does anyone know what is the process after submitting the application to them or how long it takes to hear back from them?

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna in January 2010.

Normal and not difficult from any other call center job. Phone interview first, face to face interview second, then background check and drug test after you are offered the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online, then had two telephone interviews. The first was very short, basic info (contact etc) The second asked about my experience, education and a few interview questions, then I was invited for a face to face the following day. The face to face involved 3 people (one after another) with basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was a three part question about a time I worked on a difficult group project, with more than one task and I had an unpopular opinion.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Phone interview pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question would be tell me a time you had a upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

my process took 2 weeks 12/15 did app and got first call,12/16 did first interview,12/20 did f2f

Well you do the app and then you get an email with general computer questions and if you do well on that you get a call and on that call it is from HR asking you general questions about your csr experience and how many days that you missed and how many times have you been late then they offer a full phone interview I got these questions:

-How do you build rapport?
    -Give me a time where you provided excellent customer service how did you react.
    -Give me a time where you needed a supervisor and there was no one around.
    she then asked me about my last job and why i left

they put you on hold for a couple of seconds and then if they like you you get to do the f2f

at my f2f I was interviewed by a QA employee and a sup. on the phone at the main office and they both took notes.I was asked these questions:

-Give me a time where you had a difficult time with a customer and how did you resolve the issue
    -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)
    -They gave me the REAL job description and asked how I felt about the position
    -They asked if I knew what adherence was and any issues I have with it
    -How would they benefit from hiring me?

so far that is as far as I got +=)

****BE DESCRIPTIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS!!!****

Interview Questions
    • -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)???   View Answer

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!