Aetna

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – they call you over the phone from a private number. your basic questions about scenarios of overcoming obstacles of adversities. they will refer back to your resume so while you are on the phone with them it would only help to have a copy of your resume in front of you. ask about your previous 3 jobs, your responsibilities there, and why you left.

Interview Question – no really difficult questions. if you have done over the phone interviews before you will be fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – respectfully held off on accepting the offer to see what other opportunities i would come across

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by a recruiter 2 days later. At that time I had a phone interview. I was told that I passed the phone interview and she scheduled an in person interview the next day.

Interview Question – I did not find any question difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

The process took 8 months - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – applied online. few months later received email for phone interview. then, couple weeks later received email for face to face interview with the general manager of the department. A few days later received email that I have been offered the position. Started training two weeks after that offer.

Interview Question – Willing to work at home 24/7 365   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non- negotiable, everyone starts out at the same rate

New Albany, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – I applied online through Aetna's website. I was asked to complete a computer literacy test which was pretty simple then I was called and asked a few questions by one of the recruiters. She then scheduled me for a phone interview which I did a few days later. The phone interview had several questions that I found difficult and a little ridiculous for a Cust Svc rep position. They were mainly situation questions and they really needed you to be specific. Since it has been a few years since my last Cust Svc job I really struggled with giving exact examples.... I had my phone interview a few days ago and still haven't heard anything... I assume if I would have gotten a f2f interview it would have been scheduled at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Question – Please give me a time when you had to deal with a very upset customer who was crying and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the CSR position online on 4/16 the next day I received a call with a small interview, couple questions only. The following week I received another call from aetna to schedule a face to face interview a week ago. I interviewed with two really nice ladies they told me that I should hear back from the people scouts line in two weeks. A week after the interview i received an email from aetna to fill out an application online and submit consent form for the background check, which I submitted. I called aetna the next day to see if they received my application the lady that helped stated that she received my application but i needed to make some corrections. She told me she will send me an email to fix it but i haven't received an email since i talked to her. Does anyone know what is the process after submitting the application to them or how long it takes to hear back from them?

Interview Question – Most questions are the same as the Phone interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Normal and not difficult from any other call center job. Phone interview first, face to face interview second, then background check and drug test after you are offered the job.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – I applied online, then had two telephone interviews. The first was very short, basic info (contact etc) The second asked about my experience, education and a few interview questions, then I was invited for a face to face the following day. The face to face involved 3 people (one after another) with basic interview questions.

Interview Question – It was a three part question about a time I worked on a difficult group project, with more than one task and I had an unpopular opinion.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Phone interview pretty easy

Interview Question – Most difficult question would be tell me a time you had a upset customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

Interview Details – my process took 2 weeks 12/15 did app and got first call,12/16 did first interview,12/20 did f2f

Well you do the app and then you get an email with general computer questions and if you do well on that you get a call and on that call it is from HR asking you general questions about your csr experience and how many days that you missed and how many times have you been late then they offer a full phone interview I got these questions:

-How do you build rapport?
-Give me a time where you provided excellent customer service how did you react.
-Give me a time where you needed a supervisor and there was no one around.
she then asked me about my last job and why i left

they put you on hold for a couple of seconds and then if they like you you get to do the f2f

at my f2f I was interviewed by a QA employee and a sup. on the phone at the main office and they both took notes.I was asked these questions:

-Give me a time where you had a difficult time with a customer and how did you resolve the issue
-Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)
-They gave me the REAL job description and asked how I felt about the position
-They asked if I knew what adherence was and any issues I have with it
-How would they benefit from hiring me?

so far that is as far as I got +=)

****BE DESCRIPTIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS!!!****

Interview Question – -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)???   View Answer

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2009.

Interview Details – First applied online, then received a phone call a few weeks later, then had a 1 on 1 interview a couple days later. There is had to take testing and pass, then I was called the same day with the offer.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything difficult. Basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!