Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Received a call from recruiting about half hour phone interview. Next day call to set up a face to face. Face to face was about one hoe with two managers. Pretty basic questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I am leaving this review as more of a word of caution. I applied for an Aetna Customer service rep position and I actually got a call from a recruiter. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the call as I was assisting someone as a translator at a doctor's appointment. The recruiter left her phone number in a voicemail and I promptly called back 3 minutes later. I left a voice message and called back seven times throughout the day. And I've been calling sporadically throughout this week. That was last Friday, and today is February 25.

Nobody bothered to answer my message if even to AT LEAST tell me that all candidates have been scheduled for an interview. When I called the recruiter back, she sounded (her voice mail message) like she was already being asked for too much by being expected to breath on her own; this included the phrase "I'll TRY to call you back" in her voice mail message.

So I implore anyone reading this - if you applied for Aetna and see a call from Chicago on your caller ID (I guess that's where their recruiters are based), try to answer it immediately. It looks like these people hire for numbers and aren't really trying to hire based on qualifications. For example, they can't reach one person and just keep going down their long list of phone numbers. THEY..WILL..NOT...CALL... YOU... BACK. I do not understand what the point of leaving prospective employees a voice mail if you have no intentions of either calling them back, or answering their questions.

I'd really hate to think that I missed out on an opportunity of employment because a recruiter was just on autopilot all day. I cannot imagine what exactly is happening to the American work force if it is impossible to even connect with a RECRUITER! A RECRUITER! That's the FRONT LINE of the hiring process! That's like saying that you're in the order line at Starbucks, but it's impossible to speak to a barista.

Interview Questions

• Please call us back so that we can ignore you.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a really positive experience overall. I applied online and about 3 weeks later I received a 10-15 min over-the-phone interview from a recruiter in Chicago, IL and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview in my area.

The face-to-face interview, in my opinion, felt like it went really well. It was with the head manager of the Medicare CSR department and the trainer assistant. They were both incredibly nice and welcoming which made me feel at ease throughout the entire interview. Basic CSR questions and scenarios. Then they have you role play which was pretty intense however I felt like I tackled that one pretty well (fingers crossed). The interview lasted for about an hour.

Still waiting on a call to see whether or not they'd like to extend me an offer but I feel pretty confident that I did really well.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Do you know anyone who works for Aetna? What do you know about Aetna?   Answer Question
    • At your most recent job, how did you do on your last evaluation? What do they score you on? How is your attendance?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a specific time when you've had to handle a difficult guest and how you overcame that.   Answer Question
    • Say you are explaining something to a guest 3-4 times and the guest is still not understanding, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with call centers?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in March 2015.

Interview

Was fairly easy basic csr quesstions. Filled out application online was contacted a week later to schedule a telephone interview had interview right then and a week later had f2f interview. Wae told I would be called within 2 weeks to let me know either way if I got the job. Still waiting to be called for job offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later, then a face to face a week after. I got an email stating they would let me know if I was a candidate, then turned around one minute later and got one that said I didn't pass the background test. Which I NEVER RECIEVED THE EMAIL TO TAKE THE BACKGROUND TEST. I also emailed them asking if I had it sent to me earlier and got no response. The questions are all general of how you view customer service. If you give too educated of an answer they get angry with you. Put it forward don't waste your breath or time with this place.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Applied on line about a week later did an interview on the phone. She said that was all they needed. The next day she called me for a face to face interview. Went and interviewed with 2 managers. They were very nice. They asked average csr interview questions. Not to bad if you have a lot of customer service experience. After the interview they said I would know something by the end of the week. By the time I got home I got a call saying they liked me wanted to extend an offer but I has to fill out a background check first. So now I'm in the process of that. Not sure what they are looking for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through CareerBuilder.com and got the initial phone call from the recruiter about two weeks later. It was another two weeks before I got another call to schedule a phone interview. I was told to expect to spend a half hour on the phone. We talked for an hour. The questions were the normal interview questions and I felt no pressure to come up with overly elaborate answers. Before the end of the call I was told I would be passed through for a face-to-face interview. I got the call to schedule that the next day. After meeting with the hiring manager at the site, I was told to expect a call from the recruiter with instructions on filling out their on-line application. I received a call two days later with an offer. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during each step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you found it hard to fulfill a customer's request and still follow your company's quality standards.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was offered the position with a stated starting salary of 30k.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Applied online via Aetna career website. Received a call a few days later which consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions about situations you've experienced in your current/past job and education. Also asked about current and previous job(title/duties). Interview is easy as long as you prepare. After the interview, the recruiter let me know that I would be receiving a email for the next step in the hiring process. Scheduled a f2f interview. Just make sure you show enthusiasm for the job and helping people.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a difficult project you had to work on and what was the outcome? Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer? etc Different variations of those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Had a phone interview on 11/03/2014 and lasted for about 30 minutes. Some from HR called and asked me about my work history and experience. And asked lot of situation question. At the end she said she had forwarded the information and asked me to look for an email from HR for further steps.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the Aetna website. I received a phone call about a week later for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview portion & was scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was very easy it was just basically situation question's. The recruiter was very friendly. I would say overall it was an easy interview. She told me i would receive a follow up email within the next two weeks after they finished interviewing additional candidates. I am currently waiting to see if i receive an email with a job offer.