Aetna

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Aetna's website. I was asked to complete a computer literacy test which was pretty simple then I was called and asked a few questions by one of the recruiters. She then scheduled me for a phone interview which I did a few days later. The phone interview had several questions that I found difficult and a little ridiculous for a Cust Svc rep position. They were mainly situation questions and they really needed you to be specific. Since it has been a few years since my last Cust Svc job I really struggled with giving exact examples.... I had my phone interview a few days ago and still haven't heard anything... I assume if I would have gotten a f2f interview it would have been scheduled at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Please give me a time when you had to deal with a very upset customer who was crying and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in May 2014.

Simply put, I applied online and received a phone call from one of their recruiters, who pre-screened me and then, set up a full telephone interview afterwards.

The phone interview entailed typical experiences you have encountered in a customer service / call center related position, and how you handled the situation.

I passed the phone interview with flying colors and was offered a face-to-face interview at their Tampa office.

There were 2 men in the room, reviewing my resume and asking me basic questions about my work history and giving more detailed info. about the position itself.

They told me to feel free to ask as many questions as possible. So, I did.

Although both claimed to have worked for Aetna for several years, when I asked them questions about COMPANY BENEFITS, neither of them could give me an answer!

Each said they did not know and that it was a "Good question", but they would have to, "Look into it in case someone else has the same question."

This says alot about Aetna and the individuals they place in charge of hiring.

Honestly, the phone interview was more intense than the f2f interview.

At the end of the so-called interview, both shook my hand and explained to me that it would be about two weeks before I hear anything from Aetna about their hiring decision. I was also told to contact the recruiter hotline for more info.

I was told not to get discouraged if it took longer than 2 weeks to hear back from anyone.

I interviewed via phone and f2f back in mid May 2014, and called Aetna's so -called recruitment hotline for CSR jobs, and no one could tell me anything except, "Your application is still under review, someone will call or email you when they reach a hiring decision."

The remainder of June and all of July passed. No emails or phone calls from Aetna.

Out of curiosity, I recently called their little recruitment hotline to see what possible reason or LIE, they would give for not reaching out to me all this time.

The recruiter said to me, "I show you have an active application from May 2014 and you interviewed with us." I asked what my status was because I haven't heard anything from Aetna. His response was, "I can't really tell you what their decision is, but your application is good for 6 months".

I responded, "So Aetna doesn't send out courtesy emails to let applicants know whether or not they've been chosen for a position?

He responded, "They only contact you if they are interested in moving forward in the hiring process. Since you haven't heard anything, you probably were not chosen." "But your application will remain good for 6 months."

I just hung up in his face!

This tells me that Aetna is not a good company to seek employment with.

Aetna is very incourteous to their applicants and highly unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical customer service/call center scenarios and experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in April 2014.

I applied for the CSR position online on 4/16 the next day I received a call with a small interview, couple questions only. The following week I received another call from aetna to schedule a face to face interview a week ago. I interviewed with two really nice ladies they told me that I should hear back from the people scouts line in two weeks. A week after the interview i received an email from aetna to fill out an application online and submit consent form for the background check, which I submitted. I called aetna the next day to see if they received my application the lady that helped stated that she received my application but i needed to make some corrections. She told me she will send me an email to fix it but i haven't received an email since i talked to her. Does anyone know what is the process after submitting the application to them or how long it takes to hear back from them?

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online, then had two telephone interviews. The first was very short, basic info (contact etc) The second asked about my experience, education and a few interview questions, then I was invited for a face to face the following day. The face to face involved 3 people (one after another) with basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was a three part question about a time I worked on a difficult group project, with more than one task and I had an unpopular opinion.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Phone interview pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question would be tell me a time you had a upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

my process took 2 weeks 12/15 did app and got first call,12/16 did first interview,12/20 did f2f

Well you do the app and then you get an email with general computer questions and if you do well on that you get a call and on that call it is from HR asking you general questions about your csr experience and how many days that you missed and how many times have you been late then they offer a full phone interview I got these questions:

-How do you build rapport?
    -Give me a time where you provided excellent customer service how did you react.
    -Give me a time where you needed a supervisor and there was no one around.
    she then asked me about my last job and why i left

they put you on hold for a couple of seconds and then if they like you you get to do the f2f

at my f2f I was interviewed by a QA employee and a sup. on the phone at the main office and they both took notes.I was asked these questions:

-Give me a time where you had a difficult time with a customer and how did you resolve the issue
    -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)
    -They gave me the REAL job description and asked how I felt about the position
    -They asked if I knew what adherence was and any issues I have with it
    -How would they benefit from hiring me?

so far that is as far as I got +=)

****BE DESCRIPTIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS!!!****

Interview Questions
    • -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)???   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in July 2013.

First I applied at a site called workataetna.com and received a call in 2 days from a recruiter
    who did an immediate phone interview. She then scheduled me the next week for an in-person interview at the call center. I met with 2 supervisors who were very cordial and asked what-if situational questions. They also wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current job and they seemed concerned about the fact that the salary range for his position was considerably lower than what I was currently making. I told them I was seeking a career change and well aware of the drop in income. I didn't feel it was necessary to detail my personal finances to them so they understood I could make it on the lower salary. Overall the interview went well and the supevisor told me I gave her some good responses. About a week later, I received an e-mail to complete their application and consent to the background check. Sounded promising to me. Today, I received the offer call from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses?

How did you repsond to a problem without first conferring with a supervisor and what was the outcome?

Answer Question

I feel I was lowballed on the offer. I asked the recruiter to reconsider a higher offer due to my insurance, customer service, and educational background. I told her I knew the salary range and was expecting the high end. She didn't budge and became a little ruffled that I would even suggest a better offer. My question--if they were so concerned about my salary drop, why would they think I'd accept the lower end of the range? Answer, they wanted to lowball me, knew I'd likely refuse because I was qualified for a higher salary, and as a result they can move on to any other lower qualified person who would happily take their offer. My suggestion would be to not do this to people you feel are overqualified, if you don't want to make a sincere offer, don't make one at all. They wanted my talent, but didn't want to compensate me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Still in the interview process. My first line of advice is go back and READ all the other reviews WRITE down the questions they were asked and prepare your answers to them, they expect detailed responses and making a reply on the fly will drag out your response or make them ask the question several times (not good). Know about the company and your position. From my experience I believe the hiring process to be almost as explained in the website but also somewhat varied. I applied online 5/15 in a short time I received an email to complete an online questionnaire. Very simple assessment of basic computer skills, but I had difficulties with my track pad it was designed with the computer mouse in mind.On 5/17 I had a phone call of what I believe to be the "Voice test".. a brief questioning about Why you chose the position?How many years of relevant experience? Recent work attendance in the past 6 months absence and lateness. Confirmation of basic information collected. I'm not sure if a mistake was made but at the end of the call the rep stated they would forward the info to senior recruiters however did not schedule the telephone interview as in most cases. On 5/20 I contacted the HR explained I had a call but was unclear about the nature of the call since I was not offered to schedule a telephone interview, the HR rep set up my telephone interview for 5/21. Completed phone interview on 5/21. I was asked Why did I leave my previous employment for ALL previous employers in 7 years? How many years of Customer service, call center and clinical experience (know your numbers no guessing they have your resume in front of them)? Name a time you dealt with significant change in the workplace and how it affected you? Give an example of how you handled a problem before it became and issue? Give an example of a time you went above and beyond? How do you build rapport with the customer? Name a time you handled a problem with a customer without the presence of a supervisor?At the conclusion I was placed on hold, after the hold I was told my profile was assigned for review the next day and a phone call or email regarding next steps would follow.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you experienced a significant change in the workplace in how it affected you..I had a definite example however it required more detail of how the issues affected me...In answering the question I realized the answer. So find a detail that was a difference to you i.e doing more work in less time etc.   Answer Question
    • Unexpected question .. also difficult because supervision was almost constant. Describe a time you had to handle a problem without the presence of a supervisor? I knew my prev role well enough to think of a experience off-hand.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aetna.

Submit app online and phone interview and then in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

I filled out the online questionnaire and posted my resume. I received a few initial phone calls -screening calls covering the basics (hours, attendance, years of CSR experience, attendance history).
    Within a week they called again and scheduled a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two customer service supervisors, together. It was very laid back and comfortable. The questions were behavior style questions - specific work experience situations/challenges and my specific solution.
    I received another call the same day; they asked that I fill out an employment application and credit report disclosure, as well as information about any prior government positions held. Upon completion of the background check, there will be a drug screening. Then if all goes well, an official offer of employment.
    Outcome unknown, though, it was a really smooth, thorough and respecatable process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you maintain excellent quality in the work you do?   Answer Question