Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Phone interview pretty easy

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question would be tell me a time you had a upset customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

my process took 2 weeks 12/15 did app and got first call,12/16 did first interview,12/20 did f2f

Well you do the app and then you get an email with general computer questions and if you do well on that you get a call and on that call it is from HR asking you general questions about your csr experience and how many days that you missed and how many times have you been late then they offer a full phone interview I got these questions:

-How do you build rapport?
    -Give me a time where you provided excellent customer service how did you react.
    -Give me a time where you needed a supervisor and there was no one around.
    she then asked me about my last job and why i left

they put you on hold for a couple of seconds and then if they like you you get to do the f2f

at my f2f I was interviewed by a QA employee and a sup. on the phone at the main office and they both took notes.I was asked these questions:

-Give me a time where you had a difficult time with a customer and how did you resolve the issue
    -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)
    -They gave me the REAL job description and asked how I felt about the position
    -They asked if I knew what adherence was and any issues I have with it
    -How would they benefit from hiring me?

so far that is as far as I got +=)

****BE DESCRIPTIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS!!!****

Interview Questions
    • -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)???   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in July 2013.

First I applied at a site called workataetna.com and received a call in 2 days from a recruiter
    who did an immediate phone interview. She then scheduled me the next week for an in-person interview at the call center. I met with 2 supervisors who were very cordial and asked what-if situational questions. They also wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current job and they seemed concerned about the fact that the salary range for his position was considerably lower than what I was currently making. I told them I was seeking a career change and well aware of the drop in income. I didn't feel it was necessary to detail my personal finances to them so they understood I could make it on the lower salary. Overall the interview went well and the supevisor told me I gave her some good responses. About a week later, I received an e-mail to complete their application and consent to the background check. Sounded promising to me. Today, I received the offer call from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses?

How did you repsond to a problem without first conferring with a supervisor and what was the outcome?
        Answer Question

I feel I was lowballed on the offer. I asked the recruiter to reconsider a higher offer due to my insurance, customer service, and educational background. I told her I knew the salary range and was expecting the high end. She didn't budge and became a little ruffled that I would even suggest a better offer. My question--if they were so concerned about my salary drop, why would they think I'd accept the lower end of the range? Answer, they wanted to lowball me, knew I'd likely refuse because I was qualified for a higher salary, and as a result they can move on to any other lower qualified person who would happily take their offer. My suggestion would be to not do this to people you feel are overqualified, if you don't want to make a sincere offer, don't make one at all. They wanted my talent, but didn't want to compensate me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Still in the interview process. My first line of advice is go back and READ all the other reviews WRITE down the questions they were asked and prepare your answers to them, they expect detailed responses and making a reply on the fly will drag out your response or make them ask the question several times (not good). Know about the company and your position. From my experience I believe the hiring process to be almost as explained in the website but also somewhat varied. I applied online 5/15 in a short time I received an email to complete an online questionnaire. Very simple assessment of basic computer skills, but I had difficulties with my track pad it was designed with the computer mouse in mind.On 5/17 I had a phone call of what I believe to be the "Voice test".. a brief questioning about Why you chose the position?How many years of relevant experience? Recent work attendance in the past 6 months absence and lateness. Confirmation of basic information collected. I'm not sure if a mistake was made but at the end of the call the rep stated they would forward the info to senior recruiters however did not schedule the telephone interview as in most cases. On 5/20 I contacted the HR explained I had a call but was unclear about the nature of the call since I was not offered to schedule a telephone interview, the HR rep set up my telephone interview for 5/21. Completed phone interview on 5/21. I was asked Why did I leave my previous employment for ALL previous employers in 7 years? How many years of Customer service, call center and clinical experience (know your numbers no guessing they have your resume in front of them)? Name a time you dealt with significant change in the workplace and how it affected you? Give an example of how you handled a problem before it became and issue? Give an example of a time you went above and beyond? How do you build rapport with the customer? Name a time you handled a problem with a customer without the presence of a supervisor?At the conclusion I was placed on hold, after the hold I was told my profile was assigned for review the next day and a phone call or email regarding next steps would follow.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you experienced a significant change in the workplace in how it affected you..I had a definite example however it required more detail of how the issues affected me...In answering the question I realized the answer. So find a detail that was a difference to you i.e doing more work in less time etc.   Answer Question
    • Unexpected question .. also difficult because supervision was almost constant. Describe a time you had to handle a problem without the presence of a supervisor? I knew my prev role well enough to think of a experience off-hand.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aetna.

Submit app online and phone interview and then in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

I filled out the online questionnaire and posted my resume. I received a few initial phone calls -screening calls covering the basics (hours, attendance, years of CSR experience, attendance history).
    Within a week they called again and scheduled a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two customer service supervisors, together. It was very laid back and comfortable. The questions were behavior style questions - specific work experience situations/challenges and my specific solution.
    I received another call the same day; they asked that I fill out an employment application and credit report disclosure, as well as information about any prior government positions held. Upon completion of the background check, there will be a drug screening. Then if all goes well, an official offer of employment.
    Outcome unknown, though, it was a really smooth, thorough and respecatable process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you maintain excellent quality in the work you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna in February 2013.

Actual application had to go through special website, the standard Aetna website was not used to apply. Telephone interview and in-person interview. Standard interview questions using targeted selection. IE: Explain a time where ...... Standard questions. The most challenging thing was navigating the application process. A number of ambiguous questions in forms required for the position. A recruiting organization was hiring for the role and the application had to go through their website. The Aetna site did not list the opening.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions for interviews. Asked about where I could see myself in 5 years.   View Answer
    They offered what I had asked for on the application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in February 2013.

So the initial came after i submitted my resume to the system . They call me on Friday February 9th and stated that they wanted to set me up for a Phone interview on Monday February 11th. They called at 2:10pm est and started the interview with asking me about my seven year prior employment. After we took the time to get thru that I was then asked about how do i feel my previous job sets me up for this job. Then I was asked about six Interview behavioral questions which after these questions she placed me on hold. When she came back so advised me that someone with there H.R. Dept would be contacting me about the next steps in the process. I asked how long does this normally take she advised that there is no time frame and it could be several week before i would hear from someone in regards to this interview. At this time the call was ended and i thanked her for her time. Still Pending!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond for a Person and how did they react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

I applied Thursday, January 17, 2013. The online application asks you the basic questions. After you submit your application you're routed to a site to take an online assessment, that test your computer skills. The assessment tells you to preform a task and records if you did it correctly or not. I received a call from recruiter on Friday, January 18, 2013 inviting me for a phone interview. I accepted and was scheduled for a phone interview on Monday, January 21, 2013. When the recruiter called me on Monday he asked me situational questions such as Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? Was the issue resolved, Describe a time you had to adapt to a change. What steps did you take to resolve issues, Example of how you had to convey large amount of information to customer? How to build rapport with customer?, What do you do when you are unsure about something and there is no supervisor available? (Specific example), Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. After I answered the questions the recruiter would ask me to elaborate on my answers. Aetna is looking for specific details.

After the phone interview the recruiter placed me on hold to finish his notes. When he came back to the line he offered me a face-to-face interview on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. On the f2f interview there were two recruiters asking me questions. The questions were basic such as tell us about yourself, why did you choose Aetna, tell about a time you provided excellent customer service, how many times is it acceptable to miss work in a year?, why are you a good candidate?

When the f2f interview was complete the recruiter told me they would contact me if I was selected. If I was selected I would receive an email to schedule a drug screen and information to submit forms for a background check. However, I was not selected.

I received an email Saturday, January 26, 2013 that states:
    "We appreciate the time that you have spent exploring opportunities with us. At this point, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the requirements for the Customer Service Rep position position in Fresno.

Again, thank you for your interest in Aetna.

Regards,
    Aetna Human Resources"

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. This question was challenging for me because I'd never been asked it on an interview before.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

I had my f2f interwiew on 1/22/13 and received an email outlining the process to proceed to the background check. I submitted all the information back to them on 1/31/13. To date neither I nor my references have been contacted. When I check my online status it still says under review and the training class starts on 3/4/13. I have tried to contact them to see what the holdup is but no one can tell me a thing. Very frustrating to have waited all this time only to receive no call or email telling me either yes or no.