Aetna

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Submit app online and phone interview and then in person interview

Interview Question – your weakness   Answer Question

Bethlehem, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Still in the interview process. My first line of advice is go back and READ all the other reviews WRITE down the questions they were asked and prepare your answers to them, they expect detailed responses and making a reply on the fly will drag out your response or make them ask the question several times (not good). Know about the company and your position. From my experience I believe the hiring process to be almost as explained in the website but also somewhat varied. I applied online 5/15 in a short time I received an email to complete an online questionnaire. Very simple assessment of basic computer skills, but I had difficulties with my track pad it was designed with the computer mouse in mind.On 5/17 I had a phone call of what I believe to be the "Voice test".. a brief questioning about Why you chose the position?How many years of relevant experience? Recent work attendance in the past 6 months absence and lateness. Confirmation of basic information collected. I'm not sure if a mistake was made but at the end of the call the rep stated they would forward the info to senior recruiters however did not schedule the telephone interview as in most cases. On 5/20 I contacted the HR explained I had a call but was unclear about the nature of the call since I was not offered to schedule a telephone interview, the HR rep set up my telephone interview for 5/21. Completed phone interview on 5/21. I was asked Why did I leave my previous employment for ALL previous employers in 7 years? How many years of Customer service, call center and clinical experience (know your numbers no guessing they have your resume in front of them)? Name a time you dealt with significant change in the workplace and how it affected you? Give an example of how you handled a problem before it became and issue? Give an example of a time you went above and beyond? How do you build rapport with the customer? Name a time you handled a problem with a customer without the presence of a supervisor?At the conclusion I was placed on hold, after the hold I was told my profile was assigned for review the next day and a phone call or email regarding next steps would follow.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced a significant change in the workplace in how it affected you..I had a definite example however it required more detail of how the issues affected me...In answering the question I realized the answer. So find a detail that was a difference to you i.e doing more work in less time etc.   Answer Question
  • Unexpected question .. also difficult because supervision was almost constant. Describe a time you had to handle a problem without the presence of a supervisor? I knew my prev role well enough to think of a experience off-hand.   Answer Question

Plantation, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in February 2013.

Interview Details – Actual application had to go through special website, the standard Aetna website was not used to apply. Telephone interview and in-person interview. Standard interview questions using targeted selection. IE: Explain a time where ...... Standard questions. The most challenging thing was navigating the application process. A number of ambiguous questions in forms required for the position. A recruiting organization was hiring for the role and the application had to go through their website. The Aetna site did not list the opening.

Interview Question – Standard questions for interviews. Asked about where I could see myself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered what I had asked for on the application.

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had my f2f interwiew on 1/22/13 and received an email outlining the process to proceed to the background check. I submitted all the information back to them on 1/31/13. To date neither I nor my references have been contacted. When I check my online status it still says under review and the training class starts on 3/4/13. I have tried to contact them to see what the holdup is but no one can tell me a thing. Very frustrating to have waited all this time only to receive no call or email telling me either yes or no.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions applied   Answer Question

New Albany, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in February 2013.

Interview Details – So the initial came after i submitted my resume to the system . They call me on Friday February 9th and stated that they wanted to set me up for a Phone interview on Monday February 11th. They called at 2:10pm est and started the interview with asking me about my seven year prior employment. After we took the time to get thru that I was then asked about how do i feel my previous job sets me up for this job. Then I was asked about six Interview behavioral questions which after these questions she placed me on hold. When she came back so advised me that someone with there H.R. Dept would be contacting me about the next steps in the process. I asked how long does this normally take she advised that there is no time frame and it could be several week before i would hear from someone in regards to this interview. At this time the call was ended and i thanked her for her time. Still Pending!!!!

Interview Question – Name a time that you went above and beyond for a Person and how did they react?   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied Thursday, January 17, 2013. The online application asks you the basic questions. After you submit your application you're routed to a site to take an online assessment, that test your computer skills. The assessment tells you to preform a task and records if you did it correctly or not. I received a call from recruiter on Friday, January 18, 2013 inviting me for a phone interview. I accepted and was scheduled for a phone interview on Monday, January 21, 2013. When the recruiter called me on Monday he asked me situational questions such as Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? Was the issue resolved, Describe a time you had to adapt to a change. What steps did you take to resolve issues, Example of how you had to convey large amount of information to customer? How to build rapport with customer?, What do you do when you are unsure about something and there is no supervisor available? (Specific example), Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. After I answered the questions the recruiter would ask me to elaborate on my answers. Aetna is looking for specific details.

After the phone interview the recruiter placed me on hold to finish his notes. When he came back to the line he offered me a face-to-face interview on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. On the f2f interview there were two recruiters asking me questions. The questions were basic such as tell us about yourself, why did you choose Aetna, tell about a time you provided excellent customer service, how many times is it acceptable to miss work in a year?, why are you a good candidate?

When the f2f interview was complete the recruiter told me they would contact me if I was selected. If I was selected I would receive an email to schedule a drug screen and information to submit forms for a background check. However, I was not selected.

I received an email Saturday, January 26, 2013 that states:
"We appreciate the time that you have spent exploring opportunities with us. At this point, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the requirements for the Customer Service Rep position position in Fresno.

Again, thank you for your interest in Aetna.

Regards,
Aetna Human Resources"

Interview Question – Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. This question was challenging for me because I'd never been asked it on an interview before.   View Answer

High Point, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in September 2012.

Interview Details – interview process was very wasy. Aked general questions about your previous employment. Didnt hear anything for a month after my f2f interview. I finally called their contact center and they called back 3 days later and told me no one has been picked for the position and I was still in running. That night i checked my profile and it says position filed and next morning email came that said I didnt get it. I was very upset but o well.

Interview Question – What will you do to contribute to company?   Answer Question

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was comprised of three interviews. A phone interview, a second phone screening, and the face to face interview. The 1 interview just pretty much set you up for the screening interview. The screening interview went over your resume and to see you are qualified. The face to face interview was your typical interview. If you passed the interview, you were required to have a background check which included, your driving record, credit and anything else that went with that. There was a drug test.

Interview Question – What was a moment when you had to go above and beyond to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once you accepted the position, you were sent a welcome letter as well as the instructions for completing the background check.

Fresno, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online on May 22. Received a phone call on May 28th for a brief interview and set up an appointment for the actual phone interview for May 29th. The phone interview was basic questions and a pre-screening for the 1:1 interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. I was offered to move forward in the interview process and scheduled the 1:1 which was on June 1st. 1:1 interview lasted about 30 minutes. BE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS IN THE INTERVIEW! The following Monday I received an email to finish the application and submit to a background check. June 21st I was called and offered the position. My start date is July 16th.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Aetna?   View Answer

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aetna in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later received a call back from them. I was given a half hour long phone interview which then based on their approval I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. I scheduled this for a few days later. The interview was supposed to last 30 minutes but mine lasted for 1.5 hours. I had a lot of questions and they were great about answering them. About an hour after the interview I was told that they liked me and to continue with the hiring process they wanted me to fill out some online paperwork for the background check. A few days later I got a call making me an offer and a position. Once accepted I had to get a drug test and I am currently going through the background check process and will start at Aetna May 14.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was content with the offer they gave me.