Aetna

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Unit Head Interview

Hartford, CT

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in March 2007.

Interview Details – First interview was with the hiring manager. Very professional, the hiring manager kept a poker face so I was not sure how I did. 2nd interview was with the hiring managers direct reports (my peers) and one of my direct reports. This part included a creative problem solving test.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly typical from a corporate perspective....the standard.   Answer Question
  • I was told in advance I would have 30 minutes to provide a solution to a creative problem, but ultimately was only given 10 minutes. I stressed for the first minute then sketched out an idea. At that point not really caring anymore, which ultimately enable me to relax and go with it. I was told later, I was the one candidate who thought quickly and creatively.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations happened through HR who discussed with manager. I was scheduled to be laid off my current position in 6-12 months with a large severance that I would lose if I left, so I asked for a signing bonus and they did better, they increase the salary offer by 3K which amounted to 15K over my current salary. No option to negotiate additional vacation. Definitely try to negotiate additional salary! One thing to consider though in accepting a position, is Aetna constantly reorganizes, I had 3 bosses in just over 2 years with the company. So....warning if you don't like change. My first 2 bosses were great and I always received great performance reviews, the last boss ignored me for 3 months and then laid me off.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna Design Unit Head interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.