Aetna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Underwriter Interview

Financial Underwriter
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with my prospective manager at the career center of my school. He was very nice and we had a good conversation. He gave me basic information about the role and answered all of my questions comprehensively.

A few days later, I was invited to an onsite interview, with a panel of 3 peer underwriters simultaneously. They stated they would go through basic questions and then ask me basic stats questions afterwards. However, after striking up a conversation with them for about an hour, they expressed their pleasure when candidates ask them a lot of questions but proceeded to completely bypass the math/stats questions. I found it a little odd but I think they were too exhausted at that point and already stopped considering me for the job, but I wish they had been straightforward with me and stopped me from asking further questions about the role if they were actually getting tired of it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!