Aetna

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the CSR position online on 4/16 the next day I received a call with a small interview, couple questions only. The following week I received another call from aetna to schedule a face to face interview a week ago. I interviewed with two really nice ladies they told me that I should hear back from the people scouts line in two weeks. A week after the interview i received an email from aetna to fill out an application online and submit consent form for the background check, which I submitted. I called aetna the next day to see if they received my application the lady that helped stated that she received my application but i needed to make some corrections. She told me she will send me an email to fix it but i haven't received an email since i talked to her. Does anyone know what is the process after submitting the application to them or how long it takes to hear back from them?

Interview Question – Most questions are the same as the Phone interview   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied Thursday, January 17, 2013. The online application asks you the basic questions. After you submit your application you're routed to a site to take an online assessment, that test your computer skills. The assessment tells you to preform a task and records if you did it correctly or not. I received a call from recruiter on Friday, January 18, 2013 inviting me for a phone interview. I accepted and was scheduled for a phone interview on Monday, January 21, 2013. When the recruiter called me on Monday he asked me situational questions such as Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? Was the issue resolved, Describe a time you had to adapt to a change. What steps did you take to resolve issues, Example of how you had to convey large amount of information to customer? How to build rapport with customer?, What do you do when you are unsure about something and there is no supervisor available? (Specific example), Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. After I answered the questions the recruiter would ask me to elaborate on my answers. Aetna is looking for specific details.

After the phone interview the recruiter placed me on hold to finish his notes. When he came back to the line he offered me a face-to-face interview on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. On the f2f interview there were two recruiters asking me questions. The questions were basic such as tell us about yourself, why did you choose Aetna, tell about a time you provided excellent customer service, how many times is it acceptable to miss work in a year?, why are you a good candidate?

When the f2f interview was complete the recruiter told me they would contact me if I was selected. If I was selected I would receive an email to schedule a drug screen and information to submit forms for a background check. However, I was not selected.

I received an email Saturday, January 26, 2013 that states:
"We appreciate the time that you have spent exploring opportunities with us. At this point, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the requirements for the Customer Service Rep position position in Fresno.

Again, thank you for your interest in Aetna.

Regards,
Aetna Human Resources"

Interview Question – Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. This question was challenging for me because I'd never been asked it on an interview before.   View Answer

Fresno, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online on May 22. Received a phone call on May 28th for a brief interview and set up an appointment for the actual phone interview for May 29th. The phone interview was basic questions and a pre-screening for the 1:1 interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. I was offered to move forward in the interview process and scheduled the 1:1 which was on June 1st. 1:1 interview lasted about 30 minutes. BE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS IN THE INTERVIEW! The following Monday I received an email to finish the application and submit to a background check. June 21st I was called and offered the position. My start date is July 16th.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Aetna?   View Answer

Health Concierge Interview

Health Concierge
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

Interview Details – I studied for that interview like crazy & was prepared for all the questions & felt my interview was the best i'd ever had but they emailed me saying they were looking at other prospectives with more experience related to their field of work. Whatever!

Interview Question – They ask what you know about their company, the department hiring, and the position.   View Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Claims Processor
Fresno, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aetna in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on a Thursday, got a call the following Wednesday and did a phone interview right then and there. They set up an in person interview for that Saturday. Went to the interview and do did about 30 other people. Had a quick interview in from of two other people in a huge room with other I reviews going on. Didn't make me feel too special and made me wonder how employment at this company would be like. Was walked out after interview and was told "You will receive an email next week, please make sure to follow the instructions as quickly as possible, we are acting quickly with the process". I figured by the comment that I was a shoe-in and would proceed to the next step. Hmmmm, not so much!! 3 days later I received an email but it was a "Thanks for your time but we decided to go with someone else" type of email. Very confusing interview process...nothing was ever clear as to how the process worked. I'm thinking after reading all of the comments on here; I'm glad I didn't get offered a job.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to adhere to change?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aetna in August 2011.

Interview Details – asked questions like," why do you want to work for aetna"?
why should we hire you?
Ask about prior employers?
What did you like/dislike about that job?

Interview Questions

Health Concierge Interview

Health Concierge
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and after my phone interview I was offered a face to face interview. This interview consisted of the hiring manager along with a rep. on her team. They asked the regular questions, and I smiled the whole time trying to really sell myself answering there questions. After the interview I received a email for the online application and I filled that out and submitted it. As of today I have heard not one word back and I interviewed the 3rd of July and the training class started on the 3rd of Aug. I believe they should speed up there process and if they are not interested in you they should get that out the way and say it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received great customer service and how did it make you feel.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Aetna   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna interview questions and advice in Fresno, CA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.