Aetna Interview Questions in Hartford, CT

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview with head of the department and was invited to an onsite interview. The Onsite interviews lasted for 2 hours and were with 2 actuaries and 2 actuarial analysts. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about computer skills. Not many behavioral questions. Questions they asked were only related to work experience and academic background.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

With the Underwriting Directors. We spoke about my underwriting career and I answered their questions regarding my experience in underwriting Medical Insurance and the methodologies my former employer used. Interested in finding out my level of expertise.

Fair and hones

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

I was called one day after I had applied. the phone interview consisted of your standard questions such as why do you want to work for aetna? How come you applied to this position? I was thrown off by questions such as desired salary but I still handled it pretty decently.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aetna in March 2014.

Emailed from hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Made a time and interviewed for 30 minutes as planned with one manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when your group didn't take your idea to use?   Answer Question

Life Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

It was one interview by the hiring manager. The questions were rather easy and he was very nice. His biggest concern was that I would be bored with the job. He was very nice and offered to recommend me for another position in the company. There is clearly a lot of pride at Aetna and it is a great company. The employees seem very happy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

3 Interviews; About an hour each interview; In order each interview measured integrity, required job skills, and personal endeavor.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you've worked unsuccessfully in a group.. Explain how the goal was met..   View Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2010.

Interview process was not bad. Once you get past the online application screen the process does get better.

Interview Questions
    • Typical question. How do you deal with difficult people, What was you most successful experience. What in your management style like.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my number of PTO days equivalent to 5 yrs of service

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in March 2011.

The hiring process was very quick. There was a brief phone interview, then a location interview was scheduled. I interviewed on a Monday with the Underwriting Head in person, with my now manager on the phone. I was offered the job two days later on a Wednesday. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, and went over by 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a few years ago so I don't remember many of the questions. I was interviewing for a job with a new product to the company. The questions were primarily based on any experience with developing new products and background experience.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate salary or benefits.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

Applied on line for several positions. A few weeks passed before initial call. Interviewed for one position by several people, all friendly and clear in expectations of position, and what I could expect for call back time frame. All sounded positive, but then I was called to interview for another position. My impression was I was pulled from a candidate pool even though I was not selected for the position I initially applied for. Second interview went well, follow up and offer was within 2 weeks. Very thorough orientation and training.

Interview Questions
    • One manager asked me " What about you would you not want me to know as your manager? " Bit of a head game. That was not the manager that hired me, and that I now work for thankfully.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation of salary, but it was the low end of fair market and made up the difference in what I would have preferred within 1 year.

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna in November 2012.

I met a recruiter at a college fair. They contacted me for an interview about a week later. I had two phone interviews before they flew me up to their headquarters in Hartford, Connecticut. There I went through a series of 3 interviews with two people interviewing me each time. The office seemed like a nice place to work, and the employees were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a spice box for the visually impaired?   View Answer

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!