Aetna Interview Questions in Hartford, CT

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The interviewing process lasted as long as almost 3 months from the time I got an email from them that I got selected for a phone interview. After the phone interview, if they select you, you go to a 2 hour interview with 3 different interviewers. Everyone was nice and asked fair questions. Since this was only an entry level job they did not ask analytical or technical questions. If you have other decision's pending in your life such as another job offer and so on, you have to make up your mind if it is worth for you to be in such a long process. I applied around October 2014 for their program that starts on June 2015. They contacted me in the end of January and I got the offer in the beginning of April.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation of a conflict that arouse in your team and how did you manage to get out of it? How do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was with 3 underwriting consultants in the department. Two people were in person and one person was on conference call. Each person asked basic behavioral interview questions like "Tell me about a time where…". There were also 2 basic math questions involving percentage change and what percentage of people who were covered by a policy. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• From an insurance company point of view, what is more risky, a policy where 95% of people are covered or where 50% of people are covered?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and I received a call from Aetna's recruiting department approx 1 week after I applied. A phone interview was scheduled for later that same day. During the phone interview, he asked questions about my previous employment(s), experience, skills and qualification. Why did you leave your last job? Do you have Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge. We talked for about 30-45 minutes. During the end of our interview, I asked what would be the next step. He responded by saying he was going to submit my resume and information pertaining to the phone interview to the hiring manager/Dept. and if the they were interested, someone would contact me within a week or sooner. Three days later I received a face to face interview invitation via phone, and then an email confirmation. Went to the interview, which took an hour questions were behavioral questions....tell about a time you had to speak to a co-worker about...and how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome. Questions were about 15 in total. Now I'm waiting to see if they want to move forward in the hiring process. This is the worst part of the process due to the anticipation. I am staying positive and being patient. However, I still have plan B in case this doesn't a favorable outcome. NO OFFER YET....:)

Interview Questions

• .tell about a time you had to speak to a co-worker about...and how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome. Questions were about 15 in total.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

Hour long call to talk about the position and experiences. Behavioral nothing too tricky. Just know the position well. Talked with one of the team members after an HR screen. She was very nice and wanted to know more about my personality and how I work in teams.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four managers in the underwriting department total. Two first, then another two right after. Math questions were asked which was a little nerve wracking since I was already nervous. I blanked on the questions but you get to use a pen and paper, just not a calculator.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Received phone call from HR rep. Interviewed with 2 individuals who appeared to be interviewing for 2 different positions on the same day. I was very interested in the position, but did not get an offer. I would have been happy to be working on the project they were putting together.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Veteran Recruiting Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was a transitioning veteran who first made contact with an Aetna recruiter through a Virtual Career Fair online. About three weeks later I was contacted by an Aetna recruiter who conducted a behavioral style phone interview with me. About 60 days later Aetna asked me to come to their corporate office in Hartford, CT for face-to-face interview. I interviewed with five recruiters and one hiring manager over a span of 3 hours. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain specifically how you would seek out a veteran to fill a V.P. communications position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated relocation cost, Aetna agreed to a very generous relocation package. Base salary was set based off market trends for position in accordance with generally accepted HR practices.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I secured an interview through networking. The interviewing process involved two phone interviews and an in person interview. The first phone interview was very basic. They asked about my background, career goals, and why I would be a good candidate. The second phone interview was pretty difficult. It compromised of two parts--each with different people. Both parts mirrored each other. They asked about my skills, experience, why I would be a good candidate, and some questions to test my knowledge. They would explain a situation then ask me what I though about certain aspects of the situation. All in all not the hardest interview I have ever had but pretty tough nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to demonstrate my communication skills by having me choose something, pretend they did not know anything about what I chose, and explain it to them. For example, I chose a common statistic called 'expected value'.   Answer Question

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and received a standard phone interview with a recruiter. The questions weren't anything unexpected, and they invited me for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I interviewed 1:1 with the manager, and I also spoke to two people who would be working with me. The questions were not easy, but they were not overly difficult, either. The manager told me that I should hear a final decision in about 2 weeks. I emailed the recruiter once a week for a month before she replied; she told me to contact the hiring manager. I emailed the hiring manager once a week for a month, and never received a response. It has been three months since my interview, and I have to assume that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• How much would it cost to buy clothing for every child in America?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Had a phone interview with head of the department and was invited to an onsite interview. The Onsite interviews lasted for 2 hours and were with 2 actuaries and 2 actuarial analysts. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about computer skills. Not many behavioral questions. Questions they asked were only related to work experience and academic background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.