Aetna Interview Questions in Hartford, CT

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview with head of the department and was invited to an onsite interview. The Onsite interviews lasted for 2 hours and were with 2 actuaries and 2 actuarial analysts. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about computer skills. Not many behavioral questions. Questions they asked were only related to work experience and academic background.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna in March 2014.

Emailed from hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Made a time and interviewed for 30 minutes as planned with one manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when your group didn't take your idea to use?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

3 Interviews; About an hour each interview; In order each interview measured integrity, required job skills, and personal endeavor.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you've worked unsuccessfully in a group.. Explain how the goal was met..   View Answer

Life Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

It was one interview by the hiring manager. The questions were rather easy and he was very nice. His biggest concern was that I would be bored with the job. He was very nice and offered to recommend me for another position in the company. There is clearly a lot of pride at Aetna and it is a great company. The employees seem very happy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

I was called one day after I had applied. the phone interview consisted of your standard questions such as why do you want to work for aetna? How come you applied to this position? I was thrown off by questions such as desired salary but I still handled it pretty decently.

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna in November 2012.

I met a recruiter at a college fair. They contacted me for an interview about a week later. I had two phone interviews before they flew me up to their headquarters in Hartford, Connecticut. There I went through a series of 3 interviews with two people interviewing me each time. The office seemed like a nice place to work, and the employees were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a spice box for the visually impaired?   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

Applied on line for several positions. A few weeks passed before initial call. Interviewed for one position by several people, all friendly and clear in expectations of position, and what I could expect for call back time frame. All sounded positive, but then I was called to interview for another position. My impression was I was pulled from a candidate pool even though I was not selected for the position I initially applied for. Second interview went well, follow up and offer was within 2 weeks. Very thorough orientation and training.

Interview Questions
    • One manager asked me " What about you would you not want me to know as your manager? " Bit of a head game. That was not the manager that hired me, and that I now work for thankfully.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation of salary, but it was the low end of fair market and made up the difference in what I would have preferred within 1 year.

Summer Associate - Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna in February 2012.

Duration between initial contact with employee referral co-ordinator and interview was about 2 weeks. Was flown out to Hartford the night before and put up at the Hilton Hartford. The next day I was scheduled for 5 back-to-back one hour interviews with 4 senior managers and 1 analyst. Interview was tough with specific questions related to the healthcare and insurance industry and significant trends, financial ratios and tax strategies, and market sizing.

Interview Questions
    • EBay has been very successful. What if the medical profession were to adopt the same model?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2012.

Applied for the position in late January. Eventually saw system status change that I was "Being Reviewed". Received call 18 days after initial submission to come in for an on-site panel interview. I thanked the individual that called and extended my thanks to the team for their consideration in the process however at this point, I declined as I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was no recruiter screening or team member phone interview stage. Was called in directly for an on-site panel interview.   Answer Question

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2012.

Series of questions during the phone interview from the hiring manager. I had to have a discussion with her regarding the salary because I originally turned down the interview due to the low salary range.
    The panel interview was difficult as the three individuals and they already asked me about the salary as the first question. The lead interview was condescending and they all appeared as if they didn't want to be there to begin with. I had already made up my mind in the first 5 minutes I wasn't going to work for this particular group of people.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't your past employer allow you to telecommute if you were so good at your job?   Answer Question