Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in November 2012.

I did a couple phone interviews before being brought in to meet the team. Questions varied in difficultly and subject. Some were skills-based, others were to determine personality. Questions ranged from Java technical details (debugging, etc.) to WebSphere and Web Systems (web server configuration). There were a few "fun" questions thrown in as well to lighten the mood.

Interview Questions
    • Questions relating to the insurance business were the most difficult, as it was new to me at the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Indeed. I received a follow up call a week later from a private number. He asked if I could attend a job fair to interview. At the job fair I had my first interview with 2 people. Asked general call center scenarios. I got asked to stay for 2nd interview. Some people were being escorted out after first so I was happy. I got an email that night to fill out official application. Monday I got called with an offer and asked to take a urinalysis drug screen. Process took 2 weeks because they were looking to fill a class.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a top performer?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation with a difficult customer and how did you turn it around.   Answer Question
    None. Took 30k.

Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

a ph interview, then a 1:1. ask about working in a call center, certain experiences, etc. Aetna does a Employment background check, your resume cant have ANY holes/gaps in employment.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me a time when you had to work as a team and you took the lead role in a call center environment?"   Answer Question
    so they may initially offer you the low end. You can refuse and a Supervisor will get on the line and offer you the higher end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in July 2014.

applied 7/25.. they emailed test with 1 day.. tok test 7/29...recvd a call on 7/30 ,,(phone interview) simple question (tell me about a time .etc) she immediatly set up face to face interview for 8/1.. got a call 8/13 nto fill out offical application ( background questions, last address for 7rs .etc)...then did hear nothing for awhile ,clld hotline they couldnt tell me nothing .. status was still saying under review ..finally got a call 8/28 offering me postion and advising me i have 72 hours for drug test ..and they are starting the background check.... accepted.. position starts 9/29 ,

they offered 32,000 year, accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2014.

Simply put, I applied online and received a phone call from one of their recruiters, who pre-screened me and then, set up a full telephone interview afterwards.

The phone interview entailed typical experiences you have encountered in a customer service / call center related position, and how you handled the situation.

I passed the phone interview with flying colors and was offered a face-to-face interview at their Tampa office.

There were 2 men in the room, reviewing my resume and asking me basic questions about my work history and giving more detailed info. about the position itself.

They told me to feel free to ask as many questions as possible. So, I did.

Although both claimed to have worked for Aetna for several years, when I asked them questions about COMPANY BENEFITS, neither of them could give me an answer!

Each said they did not know and that it was a "Good question", but they would have to, "Look into it in case someone else has the same question."

This says alot about Aetna and the individuals they place in charge of hiring.

Honestly, the phone interview was more intense than the f2f interview.

At the end of the so-called interview, both shook my hand and explained to me that it would be about two weeks before I hear anything from Aetna about their hiring decision. I was also told to contact the recruiter hotline for more info.

I was told not to get discouraged if it took longer than 2 weeks to hear back from anyone.

I interviewed via phone and f2f back in mid May 2014, and called Aetna's so -called recruitment hotline for CSR jobs, and no one could tell me anything except, "Your application is still under review, someone will call or email you when they reach a hiring decision."

The remainder of June and all of July passed. No emails or phone calls from Aetna.

Out of curiosity, I recently called their little recruitment hotline to see what possible reason or LIE, they would give for not reaching out to me all this time.

The recruiter said to me, "I show you have an active application from May 2014 and you interviewed with us." I asked what my status was because I haven't heard anything from Aetna. His response was, "I can't really tell you what their decision is, but your application is good for 6 months".

I responded, "So Aetna doesn't send out courtesy emails to let applicants know whether or not they've been chosen for a position?

He responded, "They only contact you if they are interested in moving forward in the hiring process. Since you haven't heard anything, you probably were not chosen." "But your application will remain good for 6 months."

I just hung up in his face!

This tells me that Aetna is not a good company to seek employment with.

Aetna is very incourteous to their applicants and highly unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical customer service/call center scenarios and experiences.   Answer Question

Audit IT Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

My first phone interview was with the HR department. It was 20 minutes and was just an overview of my resume and 2 behavioral questions. The interviewer was great, and at the end of it she scheduled me for an interview with the manager of the department in the location I was applying for. The interview with the manager was not as enjoyable. She was trying to talk me out of interviewing for the position, saying that it was not an IT position even though the job description has IT functions in it. I was asked only 3 behavioral questions and the interview was over in 30 minutes. I received a rejection email a few hours later after the interview.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview with head of the department and was invited to an onsite interview. The Onsite interviews lasted for 2 hours and were with 2 actuaries and 2 actuarial analysts. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about computer skills. Not many behavioral questions. Questions they asked were only related to work experience and academic background.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aetna.

they call you over the phone from a private number. your basic questions about scenarios of overcoming obstacles of adversities. they will refer back to your resume so while you are on the phone with them it would only help to have a copy of your resume in front of you. ask about your previous 3 jobs, your responsibilities there, and why you left.

Interview Questions
    • no really difficult questions. if you have done over the phone interviews before you will be fine.   Answer Question

respectfully held off on accepting the offer to see what other opportunities i would come across

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

I applied online and was called by a recruiter 2 days later. At that time I had a phone interview. I was told that I passed the phone interview and she scheduled an in person interview the next day.

Provider Relations Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aetna in September 2010.

Completed online application next step received email confirmation then later an assessment. I later received a phone interview which took about 30 minutes and a few weeks later I met with the hiring manager . a few weeks after that almost a month then there was another interview followed with a separate meeting to meet with the COO. it all took about 3 months for all of this to take place before I received and offer.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!