Aetna

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.8

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

The first interview was a phone screening: asked basic questions about why I wanted the job and why I was a good fit. Be prepared for answers when you pick up the first call, its not just an introduction. From there she said I was a good candidate and that I made it to the second "real" interview

Second Call: About 1 hour with the director of HR and another employee sitting in. Went through entire resume and asked me details about everything I listed. Why your major, why your college? From there he told me I was an outstanding candidate and I would make it to the third round, another phone interview with 2 more directors

Third call: About 1 hour. This was a tough interview. Asked probably 15 behavioral interview questions and gave no feedback. You could tell it was not done by the HR team, very straight and to the point. Not much discussion going on like the last interview. However some questions were expected, others a little more difficult. Just be prepared with some answers to questions. Know your strengths and weaknesses, your favorite class and why, leadership examples, learning examples, situations that didn't go as planned.

Overall it was a good experience, I was called back immediately for a summer internship offer and then a few days later HR prepared my formal offer online. They are really helpful with re-locating to Hartford and making sure that the interns have all contact information of each other before the job starts.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a creative initiative you implemented, what were the challenges and how did you solve them?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Applied online, got a call a week later, then a face to face a week after. I got an email stating they would let me know if I was a candidate, then turned around one minute later and got one that said I didn't pass the background test. Which I NEVER RECIEVED THE EMAIL TO TAKE THE BACKGROUND TEST. I also emailed them asking if I had it sent to me earlier and got no response. The questions are all general of how you view customer service. If you give too educated of an answer they get angry with you. Put it forward don't waste your breath or time with this place.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

The process was fairly quick. Applied on line about a week later did an interview on the phone. She said that was all they needed. The next day she called me for a face to face interview. Went and interviewed with 2 managers. They were very nice. They asked average csr interview questions. Not to bad if you have a lot of customer service experience. After the interview they said I would know something by the end of the week. By the time I got home I got a call saying they liked me wanted to extend an offer but I has to fill out a background check first. So now I'm in the process of that. Not sure what they are looking for.

Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

I was contacted for a phone interview, which led to a face to face interview that included shadowing a team member actually performing the job. I was contacted and told that I was not selected.

Shortly afterwards, I was contacted and asked for a 3rd interview, yet during the interview (which was via conference call), the manager asked me if I would give her a hard time because she's older than me and I'd be reporting to her. She asked if I'd have an issue with her job title vs mine. Yes, she actually asked me that. The actual job was in their Austin, TX call center but the Mgr was in the Dallas area.

I continued through the interview and was offered the job later, but I declined solely based on her ignorant age discriminatory based question and the fact that they didn't seem very interested in me because they turned me down initially.

Interview Questions
    • would I have an issue reporting to someone younger than myself   Answer Question

The discriminatory question that I was asked and because they didn't seem 100% confident in hiring me initially.

Quality Management Nurse Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Received a call from HR and then HR passed the information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager then about week later reached out to set up interview. The total process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Explain when you had a disagreement with your supervisor and your response.   Answer Question

Aetna Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna.

Applied online on their University Relations page in Fall 2013 . Was contacted by HR early 2014 and asked me to apply to positions that interested me but didn't get selected for an interview with any of those. One phone interview with a manager (she later became my manager for the summer). All behavioral questions. Very easy.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate but HR didn't budge

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

Filled out an application on site. Followed up on phone twice, then received a call back for an interview. Was asked how I found out about the job, advised I knew an employee at their company.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how I would handle an irate customer. Also asked how I would handle a troublesome co-worker that was interfering with my job.   View Answer
    No negotiation on pay, or shift, accepted what was offered at the time

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

The interview was directly with the hiring manager. It was very straightforward and he asked relevant questions about my background which I was prepared to answer. I was able to ask pertinent questions regarding the position and received truthful responses.

Interview Questions
    They offered a salary and I indicated what my salary was at my last job and they complied.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Basic Conversation just questions about myself and education and what i could bring to the company. Nothing more than basic conversations and things that they needed to know about me to see how i would fit into the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2015.

I applied through CareerBuilder.com and got the initial phone call from the recruiter about two weeks later. It was another two weeks before I got another call to schedule a phone interview. I was told to expect to spend a half hour on the phone. We talked for an hour. The questions were the normal interview questions and I felt no pressure to come up with overly elaborate answers. Before the end of the call I was told I would be passed through for a face-to-face interview. I got the call to schedule that the next day. After meeting with the hiring manager at the site, I was told to expect a call from the recruiter with instructions on filling out their on-line application. I received a call two days later with an offer. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during each step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you found it hard to fulfill a customer's request and still follow your company's quality standards.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. I was offered the position with a stated starting salary of 30k.