Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

Applied online through the Aetna website. I received a phone call about a week later for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview portion & was scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was very easy it was just basically situation question's. The recruiter was very friendly. I would say overall it was an easy interview. She told me i would receive a follow up email within the next two weeks after they finished interviewing additional candidates. I am currently waiting to see if i receive an email with a job offer.

Business Project Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I applied online at Aetna. I was contacted within about 10 days to schedule a telephone interview which occurred with the hiring manager and a peer of this position. While the interview was not very structured , there were some pointed questions all of which were relevant to the position requirements and my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was majorly difficult. All questions were relevant. The difficulty with telephone interviews is that you must continuously check for understanding to ensure that you answered the question thoroghly. It is also very difficult to get immediate feedback (body language, facial expressions, etc.) to know if your answers were well received   Answer Question

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I was interviewed by one of the Directors. She had me waiting about 20 minutes past my appointment time but was very courteous about it. She described the program to me in some detail and when it was discovered that I'd had a differenct idea of what the position would be (field vs. telephonic CM) she explained how I could fill a role with a division that would likely require less travel. I really liked her and the program seemed interesting so I proceeded with the interview and accepted the job when it was offered. Huge mistake, btw.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really out of the ordinary. I had some prepared to reference some difficult cases I'd worked with and there were some typical "How do you deal with problems in your team?" type questions but nothing that was very difficult.   Answer Question
    They called a week or so after the interview and offered me exactly what I had asked for in the interview. I was afraid to negotiate because I desperately needed the job but I wish I had because I've since learned from my coworkers who were hired for the same program have a pretty wide variation in pay offers.

Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

a ph interview, then a 1:1. ask about working in a call center, certain experiences, etc. Aetna does a Employment background check, your resume cant have ANY holes/gaps in employment.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me a time when you had to work as a team and you took the lead role in a call center environment?"   Answer Question
    so they may initially offer you the low end. You can refuse and a Supervisor will get on the line and offer you the higher end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Indeed. I received a follow up call a week later from a private number. He asked if I could attend a job fair to interview. At the job fair I had my first interview with 2 people. Asked general call center scenarios. I got asked to stay for 2nd interview. Some people were being escorted out after first so I was happy. I got an email that night to fill out official application. Monday I got called with an offer and asked to take a urinalysis drug screen. Process took 2 weeks because they were looking to fill a class.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a top performer?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation with a difficult customer and how did you turn it around.   Answer Question
    None. Took 30k.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

Applied on Indeed. Received call week later for a phone interview. After interview I was told to complete online application along with resume. Then told once that was completed HR would review my information and contact me for possible second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and the outcome.   Answer Question

ACO Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

Two months after applying for a Sr. Business Process Manager role, I received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview for an Engagement Manager role. When I went to research the position at the company’s, it was showing as the same requisition number. I followed up to confirm a date and time twice and after speaking with the HR recruiter withdrew my application, all within a week’s time. The focus of the position appears to be sales/business development for Healthagen/ACS’ population health management tool via the creation of ACOs with local health systems. The travel is limited to the Southeast (25%-50%) but is geographic region where providers tend to be late-adopters of clinical/payment reform. The company culture was described as “helpful” by the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical HR questions: What do you know about the position, name a few words that describe you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, why should we hire you/why did you leave each position etc.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

First contacted for a phone interview:
    Asked basic interview questions, situational, about last experience, and a couple math based questions. Some questions were: Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical decision at work. Math based questions were basically learning if you could work with fractions and percentages.

Got called back for an in person interview:
    Asked same types of questions and asked about leadership skills. Also asked questions related to excel and more basic math questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any superhero, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview with head of the department and was invited to an onsite interview. The Onsite interviews lasted for 2 hours and were with 2 actuaries and 2 actuarial analysts. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about computer skills. Not many behavioral questions. Questions they asked were only related to work experience and academic background.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna.

they call you over the phone from a private number. your basic questions about scenarios of overcoming obstacles of adversities. they will refer back to your resume so while you are on the phone with them it would only help to have a copy of your resume in front of you. ask about your previous 3 jobs, your responsibilities there, and why you left.

Interview Questions
    • no really difficult questions. if you have done over the phone interviews before you will be fine.   Answer Question

respectfully held off on accepting the offer to see what other opportunities i would come across