Aetna

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Phone interview asking both behavioral and technical questions. They asked me specific questions on what I did as mentioned on my work experience. Ask some questions on Hadoop, Map Reduce and Data Analytics.

Medical Economics Consultant Interview

Communication starts with HR recruiter directly who discusses the opening, transition, and some considerations on salary. Formal interview was only 3-4 hrs long and involved meeting with other Consultants and Senior Consultants. Interview involved mostly questions about technical background and mathematical competency. A few mathematical problems were posed to see how the interviewee handled the task.

Interview Questions
    • One word problem where you should focus on the numbers and not get lost in the story line.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Applied online via Aetna career website. Received a call a few days later which consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions about situations you've experienced in your current/past job and education. Also asked about current and previous job(title/duties). Interview is easy as long as you prepare. After the interview, the recruiter let me know that I would be receiving a email for the next step in the hiring process. Scheduled a f2f interview. Just make sure you show enthusiasm for the job and helping people.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a difficult project you had to work on and what was the outcome? Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer? etc Different variations of those questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

I was recommended by an employee to apply. My first contact was with the executive assistant to schedule initial interview with the reporting manager. My interview with the reporting manager lasted 30 minutes. I thought it went very well and my 20 + year experience which included working in the medical/healthcare industry was a plus. I was told I made it to next round and had to meet with 3-4 regional sales leaders for this segment. It was a lot of back and forth on Aetna's end to find time with their employees to secure interview times . I found the line of questioning more for someone who held a MBA. Position advertised was not a high level position so in my own opinion the questions did not reflect the listed job description at all.

Interview Questions
    • They each asked the same questions regarding strategies and thinking outside the box capabilities.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Veteran Recruiting Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna.

I was a transitioning veteran who first made contact with an Aetna recruiter through a Virtual Career Fair online. About three weeks later I was contacted by an Aetna recruiter who conducted a behavioral style phone interview with me. About 60 days later Aetna asked me to come to their corporate office in Hartford, CT for face-to-face interview. I interviewed with five recruiters and one hiring manager over a span of 3 hours. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain specifically how you would seek out a veteran to fill a V.P. communications position.   Answer Question
    Negotiated relocation cost, Aetna agreed to a very generous relocation package. Base salary was set based off market trends for position in accordance with generally accepted HR practices.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Went well. No complaints. Overall a good experience. Contacted by a recruiter. Interview done at office. Went well . No complaints. Went well no complaints. A positive experience. Great experience overall

Found a better opportunity

Case Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in November 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online for a phone interview. I also attended a career fair that Aetna held. I was then contacted 3 weeks later for a face to face interview. The interview was great I ironically meet with the same hiring manger, what should have been a hour long interview was a 20 minute interview. I was then contacted by the coordinator to look out for an email that would contain another application and consent for background check. I was contacted 3 days later with an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview on 11/03/2014 and lasted for about 30 minutes. Some from HR called and asked me about my work history and experience. And asked lot of situation question. At the end she said she had forwarded the information and asked me to look for an email from HR for further steps.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

I secured an interview through networking. The interviewing process involved two phone interviews and an in person interview. The first phone interview was very basic. They asked about my background, career goals, and why I would be a good candidate. The second phone interview was pretty difficult. It compromised of two parts--each with different people. Both parts mirrored each other. They asked about my skills, experience, why I would be a good candidate, and some questions to test my knowledge. They would explain a situation then ask me what I though about certain aspects of the situation. All in all not the hardest interview I have ever had but pretty tough nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to demonstrate my communication skills by having me choose something, pretend they did not know anything about what I chose, and explain it to them. For example, I chose a common statistic called 'expected value'.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

You have to know someone to get anywhere. If you are not selected before the job is already listed you cannot get the job. I have interviewed for several jobs while working for the company and this has been the case every time. Even during the interview the hiring manager will tell you they have someone in mind for the position already even if the position was just posted. I believe this is due to rules that they have to post a position prior to promoting someone.

None.