Aetna

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.8

Inpatient Nurse Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aetna in August 2009.

Already working at Aetna- applied for new position in diff. dept. Behavioral questions, very long & difficult, one interview; was scheduled the same day as receiving the call to schedule and I didn't have time to prepare. Didn't do well-unprepared/unorganized due to lack of time. Interviewers very knowledgeable and approachable, good department to work in; little turnover. Advice: Try to have a file created and ready with behavioral interview questions to practice and if applying for positions, start practicing right away. Then, you will be ready, even if they want to interview you that very moment.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't remember the questions verbatim because they were so involved.   View Answer
    • I really can't remember the questions because they were so involved and lengthy.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in May 2009.

I was interviewed by 3 different managers. Various questions regarding former employment.

RFP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

Aetna/Schaller Anderson. Describe the interview process? In one word, LENGTHY. The process included a screening phone interveiw with HR asking personallity and skills based questions, then a writing skills assessment where I was asked to complete an RFP in 3 days. I was on vacation at the time, but did it anyway because I wanted the job and that is the type of personallity I have to get the job done no matter what. Then a 1:1 onsite interview with the department head who was very personable & likable (both important to me), then a phone interview with a potential peer who was very friendly and enthusiastic about the her job which was encouraging. They both made me comfortable and excited about the job and working with them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the standard personallity profile type questions for the screening interview and basic health insurance/project management questions. You'd better know your stuff or it will show during the interview. If you are good at what you do and have experience, then there is no reason to sweat.   View Answer
    • Completing an RFP with no specific direction on what type of RFP they wanted. I just made an educated guess at what they'd need as a business unit which was new business RFP and just went for it. The department head told me that everyone else did a purchasing RFP and mine was the only one related to their specific department (plan implementation).   View Answer

Despite the fact that the job is perfect for my skill set and career goals, the pay and benefits were not attractive enough to lure me into a 40 mile drive one way to work. During the interview I was told that during open enrollment twice a year and whenever they have a "big product role out" (which they had 5 aldready and it was July) I would be required to work 12 hour work days and some Saturdays with this exempt position (no overtime pay). The pay was average and health insurance premiums were down right scary. I've been in health insurance for over 20 years and insurance employers generally have good health insurance for their employees, but Aetna is the exception in my opinion. Their deductible is $1800 for PPO option/$1600 HMO option per family member BEFORE they start allowing coverage afterwards PPO 80/20 HMO 90/10. I've never reached that much in healthcare costs so the benefits are of no use to me unless I have a catistrophic illness. Hello Major Medical which pretty much went off the market 20 years ago! Premiums were excessive with $185 per pay period for family ( $4,800 per year for 26 pay periods). Since the purpose of my job was to get good health care coverage...my husband is the real bread winner, I declined the offer and took a job 15 min away from home for $20K less per year. I now work 9-5 M-F have great benefits with a $15 office visit copay/$500 cyd for major illnesses and $130 premium per pay period. By my calculations, I've already made that $20K back in overtime I'd have worked and out of pocket costs for travel and healthcare premiums/cost shares! If my husband had good insurance might have taken a harder look at working for Aetna/Schaller Anderson, who knows.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

Work there as a consultant, my first day there the manger told me she will be looking for someone else to work with her. She was rude and unprofessional, it was obivous she did not like me......at all.

Aetna Leadership Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna in January 2012.

Very rushed cold interview...no personality. No time to ask them questions about the company or the department regarding culture or details of functions, etc. All scripted questions...started late and finished in rushed format...the same way it started. Not good for first impressions.

Health Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

I studied for that interview like crazy & was prepared for all the questions & felt my interview was the best i'd ever had but they emailed me saying they were looking at other prospectives with more experience related to their field of work. Whatever!

Interview Questions
    • They ask what you know about their company, the department hiring, and the position.   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in April 2012.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview was 15 minutes asked questions about my skills/experience and interest with the company. Received a call a week later to schedule interview with the hiring managers. Teleconference interview with 2 managers was very professional and organized. It seems that they really enjoyed working at Aetna. Questions were based on your experience and expertise. You really had to prove that you know your stuff well and lasted for an hour and a half. Was told I would get a call or an email. Received the call the next week asking to fill up a second application online within 48 hours. Got an offer the next day.

Health IT Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in May 2012.

Initially contacted by a recruiter after applying online. I then had 3 additional phone interviews. They ultimately went with another candidate.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

The position was for Junior standing because it was an internship, but I knew someone who worked in the company and got me the interview as a senior about to graduate. The interview started off asking me to talk about myself and then she asked some pretty intense questions. One I could think of had something to do with asking when I had used a certain technology to complete something and what could be done to improve that technology and what I did to improve it.

Interview Questions
    • when have you used a certain technology to complete something and what could be done to improve that technology and what did you do to improve it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

I applied Thursday, January 17, 2013. The online application asks you the basic questions. After you submit your application you're routed to a site to take an online assessment, that test your computer skills. The assessment tells you to preform a task and records if you did it correctly or not. I received a call from recruiter on Friday, January 18, 2013 inviting me for a phone interview. I accepted and was scheduled for a phone interview on Monday, January 21, 2013. When the recruiter called me on Monday he asked me situational questions such as Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? Was the issue resolved, Describe a time you had to adapt to a change. What steps did you take to resolve issues, Example of how you had to convey large amount of information to customer? How to build rapport with customer?, What do you do when you are unsure about something and there is no supervisor available? (Specific example), Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. After I answered the questions the recruiter would ask me to elaborate on my answers. Aetna is looking for specific details.

After the phone interview the recruiter placed me on hold to finish his notes. When he came back to the line he offered me a face-to-face interview on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. On the f2f interview there were two recruiters asking me questions. The questions were basic such as tell us about yourself, why did you choose Aetna, tell about a time you provided excellent customer service, how many times is it acceptable to miss work in a year?, why are you a good candidate?

When the f2f interview was complete the recruiter told me they would contact me if I was selected. If I was selected I would receive an email to schedule a drug screen and information to submit forms for a background check. However, I was not selected.

I received an email Saturday, January 26, 2013 that states:
    "We appreciate the time that you have spent exploring opportunities with us. At this point, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose expectations and qualifications more closely match the requirements for the Customer Service Rep position position in Fresno.

Again, thank you for your interest in Aetna.

Regards,
    Aetna Human Resources"

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you caught a problem before it became an issue. This question was challenging for me because I'd never been asked it on an interview before.   View Answer