Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

I was called one day after I had applied. the phone interview consisted of your standard questions such as why do you want to work for aetna? How come you applied to this position? I was thrown off by questions such as desired salary but I still handled it pretty decently.

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

Phone interviews followed by face to face. Interview process went smoothly - very organized. Be prepared to describe your background and how you can apply it to the current position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on gaining knowledge on my clinical expertise, my ability to assist members with empathy and getting an understanding on my level of flexibility. Questions were appropriate for the position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

I was interviewed over the phone and there were at least 4 to 5 managers. I was already nervous so knowing that it was going to be MORE than the average 1-3 only increased my anxiety and made me very, very nervous. They asked me questions mainly about case management and how I would handle a situation. For example, what 3 things would be most important before discharging a member who was receiving CM services.

Interview Questions
    • They all were difficult only because I was very nervous, lol. But, I survived   Answer Question
    The amount offered was satisfying it was more than I expected.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

The position was for Junior standing because it was an internship, but I knew someone who worked in the company and got me the interview as a senior about to graduate. The interview started off asking me to talk about myself and then she asked some pretty intense questions. One I could think of had something to do with asking when I had used a certain technology to complete something and what could be done to improve that technology and what I did to improve it.

Interview Questions
    • when have you used a certain technology to complete something and what could be done to improve that technology and what did you do to improve it.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

Work there as a consultant, my first day there the manger told me she will be looking for someone else to work with her. She was rude and unprofessional, it was obivous she did not like me......at all.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in April 2012.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview was 15 minutes asked questions about my skills/experience and interest with the company. Received a call a week later to schedule interview with the hiring managers. Teleconference interview with 2 managers was very professional and organized. It seems that they really enjoyed working at Aetna. Questions were based on your experience and expertise. You really had to prove that you know your stuff well and lasted for an hour and a half. Was told I would get a call or an email. Received the call the next week asking to fill up a second application online within 48 hours. Got an offer the next day.

Inpatient Nurse Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in August 2009.

Already working at Aetna- applied for new position in diff. dept. Behavioral questions, very long & difficult, one interview; was scheduled the same day as receiving the call to schedule and I didn't have time to prepare. Didn't do well-unprepared/unorganized due to lack of time. Interviewers very knowledgeable and approachable, good department to work in; little turnover. Advice: Try to have a file created and ready with behavioral interview questions to practice and if applying for positions, start practicing right away. Then, you will be ready, even if they want to interview you that very moment.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't remember the questions verbatim because they were so involved.   View Answer
    • I really can't remember the questions because they were so involved and lengthy.   View Answer

Health Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

I studied for that interview like crazy & was prepared for all the questions & felt my interview was the best i'd ever had but they emailed me saying they were looking at other prospectives with more experience related to their field of work. Whatever!

Interview Questions
    • They ask what you know about their company, the department hiring, and the position.   View Answer

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

With the Underwriting Directors. We spoke about my underwriting career and I answered their questions regarding my experience in underwriting Medical Insurance and the methodologies my former employer used. Interested in finding out my level of expertise.

Fair and hones

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2010.

Interview process was not bad. Once you get past the online application screen the process does get better.

Interview Questions
    • Typical question. How do you deal with difficult people, What was you most successful experience. What in your management style like.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my number of PTO days equivalent to 5 yrs of service

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!