Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I am leaving this review as more of a word of caution. I applied for an Aetna Customer service rep position and I actually got a call from a recruiter. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the call as I was assisting someone as a translator at a doctor's appointment. The recruiter left her phone number in a voicemail and I promptly called back 3 minutes later. I left a voice message and called back seven times throughout the day. And I've been calling sporadically throughout this week. That was last Friday, and today is February 25. Nobody bothered to answer my message if even to AT LEAST tell me that all candidates have been scheduled for an interview. When I called the recruiter back, she sounded (her voice mail message) like she was already being asked for too much by being expected to breath on her own; this included the phrase "I'll TRY to call you back" in her voice mail message. So I implore anyone reading this - if you applied for Aetna and see a call from Chicago on your caller ID (I guess that's where their recruiters are based), try to answer it immediately. It looks like these people hire for numbers and aren't really trying to hire based on qualifications. For example, they can't reach one person and just keep going down their long list of phone numbers. THEY..WILL..NOT...CALL... YOU... BACK. I do not understand what the point of leaving prospective employees a voice mail if you have no intentions of either calling them back, or answering their questions. I'd really hate to think that I missed out on an opportunity of employment because a recruiter was just on autopilot all day. I cannot imagine what exactly is happening to the American work force if it is impossible to even connect with a RECRUITER! A RECRUITER! That's the FRONT LINE of the hiring process! That's like saying that you're in the order line at Starbucks, but it's impossible to speak to a barista.

Interview Questions

• Please call us back so that we can ignore you.   3 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aetna (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They Conducted Interview 2 rounds 1english + analytical test with 15 or 20 marks 2. online coding test with 3question in 1 hour Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• questions are a.pascal triangle program b.uniquess ness repeated letters find transmitt program c.some other one   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The people were very nice. I was asked the typical interview questions. How are your time management skills etc. I was told they wanted to set up an in person interview. But I never received a call to set up the date. It turns out someone already working for the company was offered the job. They still offered to interview me again in case another position opens up.

Interview Questions

• How are your time management skills? What do you do when you have a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Associate Health Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aetna (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me and raved about my resumé. Set up interview. Met with male interviewer who was dressed very casually (for a professional interview). Once started proceeded to attack my resumé and ask how I could ask for so much money considering I had no experience. This is a multi-billion dollar company and my wage request was well within the industry average. I was completely taken aback as my entire resumé is customer service related. He was looking for the specifc words "call center", not customer service. Interviewer made no eye contact and showed absolutely zero facial expression. I was extremely close to walking out of the interview but figured I would stick it out. I then contacted my recruiter regarding the experience, twice, and so far no reply from him. Definitely the most unprofessional experience I have had with any interview. Ever.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you thought of an idea yourself and implemented it with a company   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

Overall it's good interview. We have discussed a lot regarding the job duties and culture in the team. They're all very nice. First phone interview, then managers shows up, the director comes last. There wasn't too many discussions regarding the benefit and compensations.

Interview Questions

• What's the best three things you can bring to the team?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna (Cranberry Twp, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview took place prior to Aetna's acquisition of Coventry Healthcare, and consisted of two phone interviews with the HR rep, and two phone interviews with the Hiring manager. The final interview was with hiring manager, a secongd manager, and the hiring director on site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the hardest SQL statement you've ever written   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not negotiate (I started at Legacy Coventry)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online received a phone call a week later for a phone interview from a Chicago number phone interview took approximately 20 minutes was put on hold after the phone interview HR got back on the line instead it that they would like to schedule a face to face interview had my interview the next daywhich was a Thursday today it's Tuesday haven't heard back from them yet call the number that they called me from to schedule the interview and was told they still haven't received any feedback on me so I'm still waiting to hear back from him

Interview Questions

• very simple regular customer service driven interview questions   1 Answer

Underwriter Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna (Blue Bell, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

emailed me position they wanted me to interview for and scheduled date. I interviewed with two people; 1 in person and 1 on conference call. I was originally suppose to interview with three people. A lot of scenario questions were asked, as well as a few financial questions. The interview went well, but the job was not offered to me because of limited experience in what they were specifically looking for.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions pertaining to manual rates and risk assesment for new business   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna (High Point, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

There were four people in the room asking questions very quickly. None of them seemed too excited or interested to be there. I waited in the lobby for probably 45 minutes after the scheduled time for the interview before anyone came to start the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at work when you became frustrated with a customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Call me to set up a phone Spanish Interview. Had a total of 4 Interviews eachone were very professional. Call me again to take different tets. Passed all of them. Call me back for final meeting, with Manager, where She gave me the news I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me If I had any experience in Health Insurance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me, being the first time applying for a job, their offer was very good. Besides they also were offering a paid 5 month training.