Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Summer AssociateProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got an email back for 1st round interview about 2 weeks later. The 1st round interview was a 1 hour phone interview, they asked basic behavioral questions. About a week later, I got another email saying that I made it to round 2 which was another 1 hour phone interview, which also consisted of behavioral questions. A few days later, I got an email saying that they wanted me to fill out the official application, 2 days later got an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there was not a negotiating phase

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke with one of the recruiters for Aetna over the phone. She was very nice and was typing my responses verbatim into a new system the company had just began to use. I had asked her at the end of our conversation if she had thought I was an ideal candidate and had made it to the next round. Her response was "You nailed this phone interview and are an ideal candidate for this role. You will hear back next week about the in person interview." Two weeks went by and I heard nothing. I followed up with "Judy" and she said the process was slow. I just received the generic email today from Aetna that they are moving forward with a different candidate. Absolutely fine but the recruiter should not have provided false hope whatsoever. She shouldn't have said anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aetna (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They Conducted Interview 2 rounds
    1english + analytical test with 15 or 20 marks
    2. online coding test with 3question in 1 hour

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• questions are
      a.pascal triangle program
      b.uniquess ness repeated letters find transmitt program
      c.some other one

1 Answer

Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a total of four interviews. 1. Overview of my resume and the pay and benefits of the positon. 2Situational interview about 30 mins long. 3. 30 minute interview about past work history and on the job scenarios. 4. Hour long interview more in detail about hte company and what is required of the person in this role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two supervisor interview you. They have you do a mock call at the end of the interview. They took turns asking questions. Very situational questions are ask. A time that... One time you.. I like that they have a tour and showed around to relax you and feel more comfortable!

Interview Questions

• Are you fluent in Spanish and English? Can you read and write it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in June 2015.

Interview

Set of three interviews - two with Financial Leadership Executive Development Program employees and one with the leader of both programs. The interview went over things in your resume, behavioral based questions and was all three were very personable. As the title of the program explains, they are looking for people that would be a good fit for the -Leadership- program.

It seems to be a relative new program so there seems to be a lot of leeway on how the program could possibly develop.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aetna in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Aetna.com. Received a call two days later from an Aetna recruiter. Interviewed with him for 20 minutes over the phone. Standard questions, not difficult. About 2 hours later, received a call from the Care Manager to set up an interview for the following day. Interviewed with her asking questions, and another manager recording my answers. This was done over the phone, since she is located in another state. Interview lasted an hour. Many questions about what programs I can use, can I give examples of ideas I have contributed to projects, etc. Was told the following week on Monday, I would receive word either way regarding the position. That Monday (today), I received a call that I was moving forward in the hiring process, and had to fill out a second application that was mailed to me, and a background check would be completed. Waiting now to hear what the word is.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something that you implemented to contribute to the team.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online and had 2 employee referrals. It took 2 weeks before I got a phone call back. Had a quick interview over the phone and scheduled my 1 on 1 interview for the following day. I was told the interview would be about an hour. I went in fully prepared and answered all of the questions/scenarios the hiring manager had. My interview was done in less than 30 minutes. I was told I would be contacted Friday afternoon or Monday at the latest. I never got a phone call but on Monday morning I received the follow up application which told me I had been selected. I filled out the application and background check information and submitted it the same day. After waiting 3 days for some type of response (Phone call/email) I emailed the HR person who sent me the application. I got a call about 2 hours later with an offer. I accepted the offer and am now just waiting for my background check to be complete.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to go above and beyond in the workplace.   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

It was done professionally and Respectfully. The initially contacted me on the phone for a initial screening. Then arranged for a 2nd interview with their technical staff. During the video conference call, they asked me in depth questions concerning my experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in the Pick Market place   Answer Question

Triage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Franklin, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Fast, friendly and typical. Short interview and quick response on hiring. The interview process was handled by management who appeared to be very nice at first. Then they became cold upon being hired. Not uncommon to speak to manager and be ignored. The interview did not have any questions about the company so all of that research is not needed for this company to interview you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. Can you think of a time when you had too much to do and only a short time to finish it. (An attempt to see if you can manage your time well).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. The temp agency had negotiated and there was no room to go up on amount.