Aetna

2.8

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I was interviewed by one of the Directors. She had me waiting about 20 minutes past my appointment time but was very courteous about it. She described the program to me in some detail and when it was discovered that I'd had a differenct idea of what the position would be (field vs. telephonic CM) she explained how I could fill a role with a division that would likely require less travel. I really liked her and the program seemed interesting so I proceeded with the interview and accepted the job when it was offered. Huge mistake, btw.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really out of the ordinary. I had some prepared to reference some difficult cases I'd worked with and there were some typical "How do you deal with problems in your team?" type questions but nothing that was very difficult.   Answer Question
    They called a week or so after the interview and offered me exactly what I had asked for in the interview. I was afraid to negotiate because I desperately needed the job but I wish I had because I've since learned from my coworkers who were hired for the same program have a pretty wide variation in pay offers.

Business Project Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I applied online at Aetna. I was contacted within about 10 days to schedule a telephone interview which occurred with the hiring manager and a peer of this position. While the interview was not very structured , there were some pointed questions all of which were relevant to the position requirements and my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was majorly difficult. All questions were relevant. The difficulty with telephone interviews is that you must continuously check for understanding to ensure that you answered the question thoroghly. It is also very difficult to get immediate feedback (body language, facial expressions, etc.) to know if your answers were well received   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

Applied online through indeed. Received call from unknown number for phone interview, lasted about 30 min. Offered face to face interview and that was scheduled 2 weeks later. Interview was easy, both containing situational questions. 2 days later received email to fill out official application, consent to background check and pass urine test. Was called 2 days before class started with the time to report to work.

No negotiation.

Financial Leadership Porgram Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

I did phone interview since I wan not able to attend their company for interview. Phone interview was conducted by two people, and they called me twice for each of them. The first one just asked general questions about introduce myself. Second one is more about why I am interested in Aetna and ask if I have any questions for company.

Interview Questions
    • Why enter choose corporation not industry, they asked because I am accounting major   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

They reached out to me after I spoke with them at a career fair at my college and encouraged me to apply. I was invited to an on-campus interview, that consisted of three, 30 minute interviews with two members of the team and the recruiting director. The questions were all behavioral. Everybody was extremely nice and I felt comfortable the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you want to work at the company you have had a long-term internship at?   View Answer
    Offer is non-negotiable, as it is a program.

Finance Interview

interviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

Talked to representative at the career fair. Got invited to an on site interview about a month later. Two half hour interviews with members of the Finance Department who seemed a little disinterested. All questions were the basic situational and behavioral ones that seem to always come up in Internship Interviews.

First Year of the Program

Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

a ph interview, then a 1:1. ask about working in a call center, certain experiences, etc. Aetna does a Employment background check, your resume cant have ANY holes/gaps in employment.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me a time when you had to work as a team and you took the lead role in a call center environment?"   Answer Question
    so they may initially offer you the low end. You can refuse and a Supervisor will get on the line and offer you the higher end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Indeed. I received a follow up call a week later from a private number. He asked if I could attend a job fair to interview. At the job fair I had my first interview with 2 people. Asked general call center scenarios. I got asked to stay for 2nd interview. Some people were being escorted out after first so I was happy. I got an email that night to fill out official application. Monday I got called with an offer and asked to take a urinalysis drug screen. Process took 2 weeks because they were looking to fill a class.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a top performer?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation with a difficult customer and how did you turn it around.   Answer Question
    None. Took 30k.

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

I applied for the position online, and received a standard phone interview with a recruiter. The questions weren't anything unexpected, and they invited me for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I interviewed 1:1 with the manager, and I also spoke to two people who would be working with me. The questions were not easy, but they were not overly difficult, either. The manager told me that I should hear a final decision in about 2 weeks.

I emailed the recruiter once a week for a month before she replied; she told me to contact the hiring manager. I emailed the hiring manager once a week for a month, and never received a response. It has been three months since my interview, and I have to assume that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How much would it cost to buy clothing for every child in America?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

Applied on Indeed. Received call week later for a phone interview. After interview I was told to complete online application along with resume. Then told once that was completed HR would review my information and contact me for possible second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and the outcome.   Answer Question