Aetna Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
185 interviews

2.8

Care Management Associate Interview

Took a while - but worth the wait. Amazing company to work for. Great leadership and managers with unlimited opportunities for growth. Great benefits and culture and very customer and employee focused.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were really difficult. Questions that you would expect.   Answer Question
    Straight Forward

Complex Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna in August 2013.

I was interviewed by a manager at Coventry before the take over. She had another staff member who interviewed with her. I did not want the job because it was not something of interest to me but I asked about another job which she said was filled. Two weeks later the manager called me back to tell me that the second job was now open and would I consider it. I interviewed again and was given the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Aetna.

I was not interviewed for my position as my company was acquired by Aetna. I was demoted to a manager from a senior manager position due to a sourcing effort initiated by Aetna.

No negotiation

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

With the Underwriting Directors. We spoke about my underwriting career and I answered their questions regarding my experience in underwriting Medical Insurance and the methodologies my former employer used. Interested in finding out my level of expertise.

Fair and hones

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

My experience with the recruiter was horrible. Upon my first contact with her, she was extremely unprofessional by asking me to "call her back in 5 minutes", which I did and she explained that she was in the middle of doing something. Her screening process was very stale.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were ridiculous and irrelevant. The recruiter was only contacting me out of a sense of obligation because of a referral from an executive within the company.   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aetna in May 2014.

Applied online through their corporate website in February which 2 weeks later I received an e-mail from them saying that unfortunately they were considering other candidates at the moment. Which I wasn't surprised since all those health companies are so picky when it comes to hiring even for simple basic positions. Towards the end of April I received a call from one of the many recruiters asking if I was still interested in the position because they wanted to bring me in for a face to face interview. The recruiter scheduled me not before giving me a little phone interview which afterwards scheduled me for the face to face towards the middle of May and I interviewed with a supervisor/hiring manager in the Sunrise location who informed me that the position would start at the beginning of July but that she would send my information to the Aetna recruitment department and someone would call me to provide me with the offer. The interview in general was your usual tell me about a time or situation and what did you do type of questions. The interviewer was nice and friendly overall and even after she complimented me on how good and prepared I was during the interview. However I keep on receiving e-mails from Aetna human resources department stating that they have considered other candidates so I don't know if if i should ignore the e-mails or if they actually decided not to hire me after the interview. but until today i have not received any other calls.

Interview Questions
    • Usual analytical questions such as tell me about a time when...and what did you do to help the customer or member. Behavioral questions too such as how do you keep your composure during a call with an irate customer or member and what do you do to diffuse the sitation or keep the caller calm.   Answer Question

Field Nurse Case Manager Workers Comp Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna.

I had two phone interviews. The people were very nice. I was asked the typical interview questions. How are your time management skills etc. I was told they wanted to set up an in person interview. But I never received a call to set up the date. It turns out someone already working for the company was offered the job. They still offered to interview me again in case another position opens up.

Interview Questions
    • How are your time management skills? What do you do when you have a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

I was interviewed over the phone and there were at least 4 to 5 managers. I was already nervous so knowing that it was going to be MORE than the average 1-3 only increased my anxiety and made me very, very nervous. They asked me questions mainly about case management and how I would handle a situation. For example, what 3 things would be most important before discharging a member who was receiving CM services.

Interview Questions
    • They all were difficult only because I was very nervous, lol. But, I survived   Answer Question
    The amount offered was satisfying it was more than I expected.

Provider Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aetna in May 2014.

I was referred by a friend. I did a phone interview and a few days later did a face to face interview. I thought the interview went really well it was face to face w/2 supervisors and 2 others listened over the phone. So it went really great and the manager that walked me out said twice i did a really good job. I was given a paper to follow background check and drug screening directions for if I was selected. I never heard back from them and I was really surprised that I didn't receive an offer but was for the best cause the salary was really lower than what I was making.

Interview Questions
    • Really standard questions nothing difficult really. Name a time where you had to get creative at the workplace.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aetna.

I applied online through Aetna's website. I was asked to complete a computer literacy test which was pretty simple then I was called and asked a few questions by one of the recruiters. She then scheduled me for a phone interview which I did a few days later. The phone interview had several questions that I found difficult and a little ridiculous for a Cust Svc rep position. They were mainly situation questions and they really needed you to be specific. Since it has been a few years since my last Cust Svc job I really struggled with giving exact examples.... I had my phone interview a few days ago and still haven't heard anything... I assume if I would have gotten a f2f interview it would have been scheduled at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me a time when you had to deal with a very upset customer who was crying and how did you handle it.   View Answer