Aetna

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Phone interview pretty easy

Interview Question – Most difficult question would be tell me a time you had a upset customer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews; About an hour each interview; In order each interview measured integrity, required job skills, and personal endeavor.

Interview Question – Name a time you've worked unsuccessfully in a group.. Explain how the goal was met..   View Answer

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Aetna in September 2013.

Interview Details – My dream turned into a nightmare! I applied with Aetna several times. I got a call in September 2013 for a phone screening then was offered another interview via phone with a manger (she only works from home). I thought the phone interview went well but I got a letter a few days later stating they went with another candidate. 2 days after that, I received another letter stating that I was still in the running for the position. Over the course of a couple of months, I spoke to the recruiter several times regarding another position that I was "a good fit for". I had a face to face interview in December with 2 of the managers. At that time, I was just offered other positions with 2 of their competitors. Silly me, I still wanted to work for Aetna. A week after my interview with Aetna, I was told they were interested in me and wanted me to complete the paperwork (online application) for the background check. They knew I had 2 other offers in the table. I rejected the other offers because the recruiter informed me I had the job based upon the background check. Well, I knew there was nothing in my background that would prevent me from getting the written offer. Time continued to pass on and through email and calls I was in contact with the recruiters. They always told me that Aetna was still interested. I called the background company to inquire about the hold up. Aetna NEVER submitted my info to GIS (the background company) for them to do a background check! I questioned the recruiter about it and was told that it wasn't done yet but it's good for 90 days. "Some other managers want to meet with you to make sure you're still a good fit." WTH???? A few days ago they were still interested! NOw they want to see if I'm still a good fit? Another interview was scheduled. This time I met with 3 managers in person and a 4th one via phone. Seriously? 3 days later after I called the recruiter again, I was told that they went with another candidate. Wow! To everyone looking to get hired with Aetna, if your gut feeling tells you to run... run. I should've known to run the other way when I got the email telling me that I was still in the running for a position after they told me 2 days prior I wasn't selected.

Interview Question – Questions were the typical "what would you do..." type of questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Blue Bell, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in November 2012.

Interview Details – Resume was found online by an agency. Agency called to tell me I was selected for an interview. Interview was scheduled the next week, and it was a phone interview with two individuals who I was only given the first names of. The first interviewer asked me a couple questions related to my background and gave me a logic/reasoning test in which a scenario was described, and a solution had to be given to the problem using a process which involved steps in data analysis. The second interviewer asked a couple general questions but described the department and its roles and responsibilities. This was followed the next week by on-site interview, which was also fairly straightforward and easy. No gotchas or stumper questions here.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the skills test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was an hourly rate based on the signed contract. Final salary was very close to the hourl rate but a little bit below

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Took about 1.5 months from phone interview to accepted offer. Everyone was incredibly nice throughout the whole process. Phone interview, then in person interview (set up about 1 week after phone interview), and then offer came about 2 weeks later. There are a couple more informal parts to the interview (a dinner and a lunch) which were particularly stress free at this company; everyone was relaxed and awesome.

Interview Question – Describe how you would go about pricing a new product.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with college recruiter, then one face to face interview with program hiring manager (for sales training program), then one face to face interviews with eventual management team.

Interview Question – Interviews for sales roles in NE region were very relaxed, loosely structured.   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was not bad. Once you get past the online application screen the process does get better.

Interview Question – Typical question. How do you deal with difficult people, What was you most successful experience. What in your management style like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my number of PTO days equivalent to 5 yrs of service

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in November 2011.

Interview Details – Found the position thru, Dice.com
1) HR contacted me and arranged Technical interview.
2) Manager interviewed
3) two senior engineer Interviewed

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Hartford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very quick. There was a brief phone interview, then a location interview was scheduled. I interviewed on a Monday with the Underwriting Head in person, with my now manager on the phone. I was offered the job two days later on a Wednesday. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, and went over by 10 minutes.

Interview Question – The interview was a few years ago so I don't remember many of the questions. I was interviewing for a job with a new product to the company. The questions were primarily based on any experience with developing new products and background experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary or benefits.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

Interview Details – my process took 2 weeks 12/15 did app and got first call,12/16 did first interview,12/20 did f2f

Well you do the app and then you get an email with general computer questions and if you do well on that you get a call and on that call it is from HR asking you general questions about your csr experience and how many days that you missed and how many times have you been late then they offer a full phone interview I got these questions:

-How do you build rapport?
-Give me a time where you provided excellent customer service how did you react.
-Give me a time where you needed a supervisor and there was no one around.
she then asked me about my last job and why i left

they put you on hold for a couple of seconds and then if they like you you get to do the f2f

at my f2f I was interviewed by a QA employee and a sup. on the phone at the main office and they both took notes.I was asked these questions:

-Give me a time where you had a difficult time with a customer and how did you resolve the issue
-Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)
-They gave me the REAL job description and asked how I felt about the position
-They asked if I knew what adherence was and any issues I have with it
-How would they benefit from hiring me?

so far that is as far as I got +=)

****BE DESCRIPTIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS!!!****

Interview Question – -Do you know about FMLA (family and medical leave act)???   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aetna