Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Aetna Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Applied online on their University Relations page in Fall 2013 . Was contacted by HR early 2014 and asked me to apply to positions that interested me but didn't get selected for an interview with any of those. One phone interview with a manager (she later became my manager for the summer). All behavioral questions. Very easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but HR didn't budge

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Filled out an application on site. Followed up on phone twice, then received a call back for an interview. Was asked how I found out about the job, advised I knew an employee at their company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how I would handle an irate customer. Also asked how I would handle a troublesome co-worker that was interfering with my job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay, or shift, accepted what was offered at the time

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The interview was directly with the hiring manager. It was very straightforward and he asked relevant questions about my background which I was prepared to answer. I was able to ask pertinent questions regarding the position and received truthful responses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a salary and I indicated what my salary was at my last job and they complied.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic Conversation just questions about myself and education and what i could bring to the company. Nothing more than basic conversations and things that they needed to know about me to see how i would fit into the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through CareerBuilder.com and got the initial phone call from the recruiter about two weeks later. It was another two weeks before I got another call to schedule a phone interview. I was told to expect to spend a half hour on the phone. We talked for an hour. The questions were the normal interview questions and I felt no pressure to come up with overly elaborate answers. Before the end of the call I was told I would be passed through for a face-to-face interview. I got the call to schedule that the next day. After meeting with the hiring manager at the site, I was told to expect a call from the recruiter with instructions on filling out their on-line application. I received a call two days later with an offer. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during each step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you found it hard to fulfill a customer's request and still follow your company's quality standards.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was offered the position with a stated starting salary of 30k.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

Hour long call to talk about the position and experiences. Behavioral nothing too tricky. Just know the position well. Talked with one of the team members after an HR screen. She was very nice and wanted to know more about my personality and how I work in teams.

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Easy Good. Met with different managers and they asked various questions about work history ect. Felt very comfortable. Questions a lot about attendance ect. Also, about how much you can process and about working overtime.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four managers in the underwriting department total. Two first, then another two right after. Math questions were asked which was a little nerve wracking since I was already nervous. I blanked on the questions but you get to use a pen and paper, just not a calculator.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Received phone call from HR rep. Interviewed with 2 individuals who appeared to be interviewing for 2 different positions on the same day. I was very interested in the position, but did not get an offer. I would have been happy to be working on the project they were putting together.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interview

They were straight forward. Great questions and very personable. It was a behavioral interview. I am looking forward to a callback. I have not received an offer. But I am waiting for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question