Aetna Interview Questions

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2015.

I applied through CareerBuilder.com and got the initial phone call from the recruiter about two weeks later. It was another two weeks before I got another call to schedule a phone interview. I was told to expect to spend a half hour on the phone. We talked for an hour. The questions were the normal interview questions and I felt no pressure to come up with overly elaborate answers. Before the end of the call I was told I would be passed through for a face-to-face interview. I got the call to schedule that the next day. After meeting with the hiring manager at the site, I was told to expect a call from the recruiter with instructions on filling out their on-line application. I received a call two days later with an offer. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during each step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you found it hard to fulfill a customer's request and still follow your company's quality standards.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. I was offered the position with a stated starting salary of 30k.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2015.

Hour long call to talk about the position and experiences. Behavioral nothing too tricky. Just know the position well. Talked with one of the team members after an HR screen. She was very nice and wanted to know more about my personality and how I work in teams.

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in January 2015.

Very Easy Good. Met with different managers and they asked various questions about work history ect. Felt very comfortable. Questions a lot about attendance ect. Also, about how much you can process and about working overtime.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Received phone call from HR rep. Interviewed with 2 individuals who appeared to be interviewing for 2 different positions on the same day. I was very interested in the position, but did not get an offer. I would have been happy to be working on the project they were putting together.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

They were straight forward. Great questions and very personable. It was a behavioral interview. I am looking forward to a callback. I have not received an offer. But I am waiting for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Phone interview asking both behavioral and technical questions. They asked me specific questions on what I did as mentioned on my work experience. Ask some questions on Hadoop, Map Reduce and Data Analytics.

Medical Economics Consultant Interview

Communication starts with HR recruiter directly who discusses the opening, transition, and some considerations on salary. Formal interview was only 3-4 hrs long and involved meeting with other Consultants and Senior Consultants. Interview involved mostly questions about technical background and mathematical competency. A few mathematical problems were posed to see how the interviewee handled the task.

Interview Questions
    • One word problem where you should focus on the numbers and not get lost in the story line.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Applied online via Aetna career website. Received a call a few days later which consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions about situations you've experienced in your current/past job and education. Also asked about current and previous job(title/duties). Interview is easy as long as you prepare. After the interview, the recruiter let me know that I would be receiving a email for the next step in the hiring process. Scheduled a f2f interview. Just make sure you show enthusiasm for the job and helping people.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a difficult project you had to work on and what was the outcome? Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer? etc Different variations of those questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

I was recommended by an employee to apply. My first contact was with the executive assistant to schedule initial interview with the reporting manager. My interview with the reporting manager lasted 30 minutes. I thought it went very well and my 20 + year experience which included working in the medical/healthcare industry was a plus. I was told I made it to next round and had to meet with 3-4 regional sales leaders for this segment. It was a lot of back and forth on Aetna's end to find time with their employees to secure interview times . I found the line of questioning more for someone who held a MBA. Position advertised was not a high level position so in my own opinion the questions did not reflect the listed job description at all.

Interview Questions
    • They each asked the same questions regarding strategies and thinking outside the box capabilities.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aetna in December 2014.

Got the interview by meeting with the recruiter through a university career fair. I never got past the phone interview, however. The interview was conversational and mostly behavioral. It took them a over a month to get back to me for the second-round. In the end, I knew I wouldn't have gotten it since I don't have any intern experience in the actuarial field even though I passed two exams.