Aetna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Coach Consultant Interview

Health Coach Consultant
Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in June 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the manager and the manager's manager, was asked the usual questions. Got a pretty good understanding of what was expected of me. They reviewed the training process, what the expectations were of me by what time frame- basically up and running in a year. Answered my questions, felt I had a good feel for what my job would entail. Had never worked for a large corporation, so didn't really understand all the layers and requisitions and people that would need to be consulted with for simple things like an ergonomic chair.

Interview Question – Do not recall any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Financial Underwriter Interview

Financial Underwriter
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aetna in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with my prospective manager at the career center of my school. He was very nice and we had a good conversation. He gave me basic information about the role and answered all of my questions comprehensively.

A few days later, I was invited to an onsite interview, with a panel of 3 peer underwriters simultaneously. They stated they would go through basic questions and then ask me basic stats questions afterwards. However, after striking up a conversation with them for about an hour, they expressed their pleasure when candidates ask them a lot of questions but proceeded to completely bypass the math/stats questions. I found it a little odd but I think they were too exhausted at that point and already stopped considering me for the job, but I wish they had been straightforward with me and stopped me from asking further questions about the role if they were actually getting tired of it.

Interview Questions

Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview

Aetna Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call 3 days later to schedule a phone interview. About a 30 minute phone interview ths was a bit excessive for a call center rep position. Went in for a face to face interview with some ride and inconsiderate people. I live on the opposite end of town and had to travel 30+ miles to get there. I arrived 15 minutes early and they were 15 minutes late. Also you are inteviewed by three people and they ask a bunch of excessive questions that have nothing to do with the position. I was only interviewed by two and waited 45 minutes for the person and she never showed up. I was told they would reschedule my interview and that was a lie. They emailed me a few days later saying they are pursuing other candidates. Totally inconsiderate towards me. I would never consider working there even if i was offered a position with them. Better jobs with better hours and benefits are out there.

Interview Question – What are some innovative ideas you have shared at work and what was it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Implementation Manager Interview

Implementation Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – The hiring process was great. The hiring manager at that time was fair, pleasant and optimistic

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was more of a lateral move for me. I was working at ADP as an Implementation Manager and did not expect a sizable increase. They offered $2,000 above what I was currently making and I accepted.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called one day after I had applied. the phone interview consisted of your standard questions such as why do you want to work for aetna? How come you applied to this position? I was thrown off by questions such as desired salary but I still handled it pretty decently.

Interview Question – How come you chose this job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aetna in March 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed from hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Made a time and interviewed for 30 minutes as planned with one manager.

Interview Question – What was a time when your group didn't take your idea to use?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview to qualify you for next step. Very friendly and courteous management team makes interview process less intimidating. Make sure what career track your role will be on. Career advancement is tremendous, though can be challenging to switch to alternative career track. I would highly recommened Aetna, very great company and provider for their members.

Interview Question – What was the reason you left your previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details –

Life Claims Specialist Interview

Life Claims Specialist
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aetna in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was one interview by the hiring manager. The questions were rather easy and he was very nice. His biggest concern was that I would be bored with the job. He was very nice and offered to recommend me for another position in the company. There is clearly a lot of pride at Aetna and it is a great company. The employees seem very happy.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aetna?   Answer Question

Health Concierge Interview

Health Concierge
High Point, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aetna in December 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with a HR represenative by phone, she asked the ususal questions that pertain to customer service.

Interview Question – Not unexpected but this is where the interview went south. How would I explain a difficult insurance term or concept to a client?'   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in January 2010.

Interview Details – Normal and not difficult from any other call center job. Phone interview first, face to face interview second, then background check and drug test after you are offered the job.