Aetna

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

Applied on Indeed. Received call week later for a phone interview. After interview I was told to complete online application along with resume. Then told once that was completed HR would review my information and contact me for possible second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and the outcome.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

First contacted for a phone interview:
    Asked basic interview questions, situational, about last experience, and a couple math based questions. Some questions were: Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical decision at work. Math based questions were basically learning if you could work with fractions and percentages.

Got called back for an in person interview:
    Asked same types of questions and asked about leadership skills. Also asked questions related to excel and more basic math questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any superhero, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

ACO Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna in September 2014.

Two months after applying for a Sr. Business Process Manager role, I received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview for an Engagement Manager role. When I went to research the position at the company’s, it was showing as the same requisition number. I followed up to confirm a date and time twice and after speaking with the HR recruiter withdrew my application, all within a week’s time. The focus of the position appears to be sales/business development for Healthagen/ACS’ population health management tool via the creation of ACOs with local health systems. The travel is limited to the Southeast (25%-50%) but is geographic region where providers tend to be late-adopters of clinical/payment reform. The company culture was described as “helpful” by the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical HR questions: What do you know about the position, name a few words that describe you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, why should we hire you/why did you leave each position etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview with head of the department and was invited to an onsite interview. The Onsite interviews lasted for 2 hours and were with 2 actuaries and 2 actuarial analysts. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about computer skills. Not many behavioral questions. Questions they asked were only related to work experience and academic background.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna.

they call you over the phone from a private number. your basic questions about scenarios of overcoming obstacles of adversities. they will refer back to your resume so while you are on the phone with them it would only help to have a copy of your resume in front of you. ask about your previous 3 jobs, your responsibilities there, and why you left.

Interview Questions
    • no really difficult questions. if you have done over the phone interviews before you will be fine.   Answer Question

respectfully held off on accepting the offer to see what other opportunities i would come across

Audit IT Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

My first phone interview was with the HR department. It was 20 minutes and was just an overview of my resume and 2 behavioral questions. The interviewer was great, and at the end of it she scheduled me for an interview with the manager of the department in the location I was applying for. The interview with the manager was not as enjoyable. She was trying to talk me out of interviewing for the position, saying that it was not an IT position even though the job description has IT functions in it. I was asked only 3 behavioral questions and the interview was over in 30 minutes. I received a rejection email a few hours later after the interview.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aetna.

I began working for Aetna as a temporary employee through an agency and then later a position was open, I applied interview and was selected to for the position.

This call center is not like any other because you are truly dealing with peoples' lives and extreme compassion, understanding, caring, and empathy is used on a daily basis. I was glad to have work for this company because it would bring a sense of satisfaction at the end of the day that in fact I had helped people with needs from counseling to providing them with their employee assistance benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aetna in August 2014.

I applied online and was called by a recruiter 2 days later. At that time I had a phone interview. I was told that I passed the phone interview and she scheduled an in person interview the next day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna.

applied online. few months later received email for phone interview. then, couple weeks later received email for face to face interview with the general manager of the department. A few days later received email that I have been offered the position. Started training two weeks after that offer.

Interview Questions
    non- negotiable, everyone starts out at the same rate

Care Management Associate Interview

Took a while - but worth the wait. Amazing company to work for. Great leadership and managers with unlimited opportunities for growth. Great benefits and culture and very customer and employee focused.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were really difficult. Questions that you would expect.   Answer Question
    Straight Forward