Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Received phone call from HR rep. Interviewed with 2 individuals who appeared to be interviewing for 2 different positions on the same day. I was very interested in the position, but did not get an offer. I would have been happy to be working on the project they were putting together.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

They were straight forward. Great questions and very personable. It was a behavioral interview. I am looking forward to a callback. I have not received an offer. But I am waiting for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Phone interview asking both behavioral and technical questions. They asked me specific questions on what I did as mentioned on my work experience. Ask some questions on Hadoop, Map Reduce and Data Analytics.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions from resume   1 Answer

Medical Economics Consultant Interview

Interview

Communication starts with HR recruiter directly who discusses the opening, transition, and some considerations on salary. Formal interview was only 3-4 hrs long and involved meeting with other Consultants and Senior Consultants. Interview involved mostly questions about technical background and mathematical competency. A few mathematical problems were posed to see how the interviewee handled the task.

Interview Questions

• One word problem where you should focus on the numbers and not get lost in the story line.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Applied online via Aetna career website. Received a call a few days later which consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions about situations you've experienced in your current/past job and education. Also asked about current and previous job(title/duties). Interview is easy as long as you prepare. After the interview, the recruiter let me know that I would be receiving a email for the next step in the hiring process. Scheduled a f2f interview. Just make sure you show enthusiasm for the job and helping people.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a difficult project you had to work on and what was the outcome? Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer? etc Different variations of those questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I was recommended by an employee to apply. My first contact was with the executive assistant to schedule initial interview with the reporting manager. My interview with the reporting manager lasted 30 minutes. I thought it went very well and my 20 + year experience which included working in the medical/healthcare industry was a plus. I was told I made it to next round and had to meet with 3-4 regional sales leaders for this segment. It was a lot of back and forth on Aetna's end to find time with their employees to secure interview times . I found the line of questioning more for someone who held a MBA. Position advertised was not a high level position so in my own opinion the questions did not reflect the listed job description at all.

Interview Questions

• They each asked the same questions regarding strategies and thinking outside the box capabilities.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aetna in December 2014.

Interview

Got the interview by meeting with the recruiter through a university career fair. I never got past the phone interview, however. The interview was conversational and mostly behavioral. It took them a over a month to get back to me for the second-round. In the end, I knew I wouldn't have gotten it since I don't have any intern experience in the actuarial field even though I passed two exams.

Senior Recruiter Veteran Recruiting Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was a transitioning veteran who first made contact with an Aetna recruiter through a Virtual Career Fair online. About three weeks later I was contacted by an Aetna recruiter who conducted a behavioral style phone interview with me. About 60 days later Aetna asked me to come to their corporate office in Hartford, CT for face-to-face interview. I interviewed with five recruiters and one hiring manager over a span of 3 hours. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain specifically how you would seek out a veteran to fill a V.P. communications position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated relocation cost, Aetna agreed to a very generous relocation package. Base salary was set based off market trends for position in accordance with generally accepted HR practices.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Went well. No complaints. Overall a good experience. Contacted by a recruiter. Interview done at office. Went well . No complaints. Went well no complaints. A positive experience. Great experience overall

Found a better opportunity

Case Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online for a phone interview. I also attended a career fair that Aetna held. I was then contacted 3 weeks later for a face to face interview. The interview was great I ironically meet with the same hiring manger, what should have been a hour long interview was a 20 minute interview. I was then contacted by the coordinator to look out for an email that would contain another application and consent for background check. I was contacted 3 days later with an offer.