Aetna Interview Questions

2.8

Case Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in November 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online for a phone interview. I also attended a career fair that Aetna held. I was then contacted 3 weeks later for a face to face interview. The interview was great I ironically meet with the same hiring manger, what should have been a hour long interview was a 20 minute interview. I was then contacted by the coordinator to look out for an email that would contain another application and consent for background check. I was contacted 3 days later with an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Had a phone interview on 11/03/2014 and lasted for about 30 minutes. Some from HR called and asked me about my work history and experience. And asked lot of situation question. At the end she said she had forwarded the information and asked me to look for an email from HR for further steps.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aetna.

I secured an interview through networking. The interviewing process involved two phone interviews and an in person interview. The first phone interview was very basic. They asked about my background, career goals, and why I would be a good candidate. The second phone interview was pretty difficult. It compromised of two parts--each with different people. Both parts mirrored each other. They asked about my skills, experience, why I would be a good candidate, and some questions to test my knowledge. They would explain a situation then ask me what I though about certain aspects of the situation. All in all not the hardest interview I have ever had but pretty tough nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to demonstrate my communication skills by having me choose something, pretend they did not know anything about what I chose, and explain it to them. For example, I chose a common statistic called 'expected value'.   Answer Question

MI DUALS - Case Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in November 2014.

Two phone screens than face to face interview. Typical what if questions and skills. Computer skills assessed. Manager very nice and personal. Office location conveniently located in the city. Free parking.

Nurse Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna in November 2014.

I applied through the web site and was called about a week later, had a interview via phone. Called with an offer 2 weeks later. Did the drug screening and currently they are completing my back ground check and I start in January 2015. Two week training in Ohio, I live in Florida. Very very nice hiring team. People who I spoke to were very nice and informative.

Database Administrator Interview

You have to know someone to get anywhere. If you are not selected before the job is already listed you cannot get the job. I have interviewed for several jobs while working for the company and this has been the case every time. Even during the interview the hiring manager will tell you they have someone in mind for the position already even if the position was just posted. I believe this is due to rules that they have to post a position prior to promoting someone.

None.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

Applied online through the Aetna website. I received a phone call about a week later for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview portion & was scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was very easy it was just basically situation question's. The recruiter was very friendly. I would say overall it was an easy interview. She told me i would receive a follow up email within the next two weeks after they finished interviewing additional candidates. I am currently waiting to see if i receive an email with a job offer.

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I was interviewed by one of the Directors. She had me waiting about 20 minutes past my appointment time but was very courteous about it. She described the program to me in some detail and when it was discovered that I'd had a differenct idea of what the position would be (field vs. telephonic CM) she explained how I could fill a role with a division that would likely require less travel. I really liked her and the program seemed interesting so I proceeded with the interview and accepted the job when it was offered. Huge mistake, btw.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really out of the ordinary. I had some prepared to reference some difficult cases I'd worked with and there were some typical "How do you deal with problems in your team?" type questions but nothing that was very difficult.   Answer Question
    They called a week or so after the interview and offered me exactly what I had asked for in the interview. I was afraid to negotiate because I desperately needed the job but I wish I had because I've since learned from my coworkers who were hired for the same program have a pretty wide variation in pay offers.

Business Project Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

I applied online at Aetna. I was contacted within about 10 days to schedule a telephone interview which occurred with the hiring manager and a peer of this position. While the interview was not very structured , there were some pointed questions all of which were relevant to the position requirements and my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was majorly difficult. All questions were relevant. The difficulty with telephone interviews is that you must continuously check for understanding to ensure that you answered the question thoroghly. It is also very difficult to get immediate feedback (body language, facial expressions, etc.) to know if your answers were well received   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna in October 2014.

Applied online through indeed. Received call from unknown number for phone interview, lasted about 30 min. Offered face to face interview and that was scheduled 2 weeks later. Interview was easy, both containing situational questions. 2 days later received email to fill out official application, consent to background check and pass urine test. Was called 2 days before class started with the time to report to work.

No negotiation.