Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Associate Health Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aetna (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me and raved about my resumé. Set up interview. Met with male interviewer who was dressed very casually (for a professional interview). Once started proceeded to attack my resumé and ask how I could ask for so much money considering I had no experience. This is a multi-billion dollar company and my wage request was well within the industry average. I was completely taken aback as my entire resumé is customer service related. He was looking for the specifc words "call center", not customer service. Interviewer made no eye contact and showed absolutely zero facial expression. I was extremely close to walking out of the interview but figured I would stick it out. I then contacted my recruiter regarding the experience, twice, and so far no reply from him. Definitely the most unprofessional experience I have had with any interview. Ever.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you thought of an idea yourself and implemented it with a company   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening: asked basic questions about why I wanted the job and why I was a good fit. Be prepared for answers when you pick up the first call, its not just an introduction. From there she said I was a good candidate and that I made it to the second "real" interview

Second Call: About 1 hour with the director of HR and another employee sitting in. Went through entire resume and asked me details about everything I listed. Why your major, why your college? From there he told me I was an outstanding candidate and I would make it to the third round, another phone interview with 2 more directors

Third call: About 1 hour. This was a tough interview. Asked probably 15 behavioral interview questions and gave no feedback. You could tell it was not done by the HR team, very straight and to the point. Not much discussion going on like the last interview. However some questions were expected, others a little more difficult. Just be prepared with some answers to questions. Know your strengths and weaknesses, your favorite class and why, leadership examples, learning examples, situations that didn't go as planned.

Overall it was a good experience, I was called back immediately for a summer internship offer and then a few days later HR prepared my formal offer online. They are really helpful with re-locating to Hartford and making sure that the interns have all contact information of each other before the job starts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a creative initiative you implemented, what were the challenges and how did you solve them?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aetna in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through college and sent a follow up. aThey reached back to me saying that they want to talk to me for 30 mins. It was not hard but you really need to know anything about the responsbility.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and I received a call from Aetna's recruiting department approx 1 week after I applied. A phone interview was scheduled for later that same day. During the phone interview, he asked questions about my previous employment(s), experience, skills and qualification. Why did you leave your last job? Do you have Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge. We talked for about 30-45 minutes. During the end of our interview, I asked what would be the next step. He responded by saying he was going to submit my resume and information pertaining to the phone interview to the hiring manager/Dept. and if the they were interested, someone would contact me within a week or sooner. Three days later I received a face to face interview invitation via phone, and then an email confirmation. Went to the interview, which took an hour questions were behavioral questions....tell about a time you had to speak to a co-worker about...and how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome. Questions were about 15 in total. Now I'm waiting to see if they want to move forward in the hiring process. This is the worst part of the process due to the anticipation. I am staying positive and being patient. However, I still have plan B in case this doesn't a favorable outcome. NO OFFER YET....:)

Interview Questions

• .tell about a time you had to speak to a co-worker about...and how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome. Questions were about 15 in total.   1 Answer

Senior Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna (Telephone, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone interviews with the team, the manager, and his boss. Took months to hear from them from when I submitted my resume, but the interviewing took about 2 weeks. I was one of a few finalists and they were looking to make an offer quickly. This was a telecommuting position with an expectation of regular office hours, slightly negotiable by time zone.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward. What are you planning to do for career development in the next year, how do you approach a project, what are you looking for in this position, what is your experience.   Answer Question

Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aetna (Dayton, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Went well. What we talked about was not what happened once hired. Answered all there questions. Asked tbem questions got a good feel of how things were laid out

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later, then a face to face a week after. I got an email stating they would let me know if I was a candidate, then turned around one minute later and got one that said I didn't pass the background test. Which I NEVER RECIEVED THE EMAIL TO TAKE THE BACKGROUND TEST. I also emailed them asking if I had it sent to me earlier and got no response. The questions are all general of how you view customer service. If you give too educated of an answer they get angry with you. Put it forward don't waste your breath or time with this place.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Applied on line about a week later did an interview on the phone. She said that was all they needed. The next day she called me for a face to face interview. Went and interviewed with 2 managers. They were very nice. They asked average csr interview questions. Not to bad if you have a lot of customer service experience. After the interview they said I would know something by the end of the week. By the time I got home I got a call saying they liked me wanted to extend an offer but I has to fill out a background check first. So now I'm in the process of that. Not sure what they are looking for.

Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aetna (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview, which led to a face to face interview that included shadowing a team member actually performing the job. I was contacted and told that I was not selected.

Shortly afterwards, I was contacted and asked for a 3rd interview, yet during the interview (which was via conference call), the manager asked me if I would give her a hard time because she's older than me and I'd be reporting to her. She asked if I'd have an issue with her job title vs mine. Yes, she actually asked me that. The actual job was in their Austin, TX call center but the Mgr was in the Dallas area.

I continued through the interview and was offered the job later, but I declined solely based on her ignorant age discriminatory based question and the fact that they didn't seem very interested in me because they turned me down initially.

Interview Questions

• would I have an issue reporting to someone younger than myself   Answer Question

The discriminatory question that I was asked and because they didn't seem 100% confident in hiring me initially.

Quality Management Nurse Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Received a call from HR and then HR passed the information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager then about week later reached out to set up interview. The total process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had a disagreement with your supervisor and your response.   Answer Question