Aetna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews; About an hour each interview; In order each interview measured integrity, required job skills, and personal endeavor.

Interview Question – Name a time you've worked unsuccessfully in a group.. Explain how the goal was met..   View Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Middletown, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in June 2007.

Interview Details – Had a group interview with 3 managers. Also had a basic math "test". After the interview was required to take a drug test.

Interview Question – What do you know about Medicare?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary a little bit. Definitely push back when contacted by a hiring consultant, I was able to squeeze a few thousand more than they had originally offered.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Middletown, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aetna in August 2009.

Interview Details – They asked many questions about the company so be sure you do your research. They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. They also give a small math quiz so be ready!

Interview Question – how do you handle immoral acts by other employees?   View Answers (2)

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Underwriting Analyst
Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna in February 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred to Aetna by a friend. I was initially contacted by one of the executive assistants and scheduled the interview with her. On the first day of interviews I had 2 panel interviews, each one with 2 Underwriting Managers/Unit Leads. They asked a lot of situational questions like "Tell us about a time you made a mistake. What did you do and how did you handle it". They also asked a few math questions consisting of percentage calculations. These shouldn't be very hard if you have an acumen for math. Some of the managers were very easy to converse with while others held their statuesque poker faces but don't let those guys psych you out. About a month or so later I got a call from the same executive assistant to schedule another interview date. It was all the same process but just with different managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna interview questions and advice in Middletown, CT. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees and interview candidates.