Aetna

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Case Manager (RN)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone and there were at least 4 to 5 managers. I was already nervous so knowing that it was going to be MORE than the average 1-3 only increased my anxiety and made me very, very nervous. They asked me questions mainly about case management and how I would handle a situation. For example, what 3 things would be most important before discharging a member who was receiving CM services.

Interview Question – They all were difficult only because I was very nervous, lol. But, I survived   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The amount offered was satisfying it was more than I expected.

Case Manager (RN)

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interviews followed by face to face. Interview process went smoothly - very organized. Be prepared to describe your background and how you can apply it to the current position.

Interview Question – The questions were based on gaining knowledge on my clinical expertise, my ability to assist members with empathy and getting an understanding on my level of flexibility. Questions were appropriate for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews and a couple of scheduling/offer calls with Human Resources. One face-to-face interview. Hard to locate the correct office, but enjoyable. Mostly quetioned about my prior experience and then we discussed the position I was applying for.

Negotiation Details – Yes, but not much wiggle room.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Blue Bell, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in July 2012.

Interview Details – phone , then in person interview with two managers, was not a difficult process
no real negotiation, low salaries, only had one interview, and it seemed like if you had the credentials you would get the job, not challenging at all

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation, low salary offered

RN Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was done all telephonic and it took a long time before they get around to call you. when they do you are speaking to two supervisors at the same time. They were extremely nice to me

Interview Question – No unexpected questions but you should have examples of what you did for your last job ready good or bad. They like examples very much.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate your money unless you get what you ask for. I just got a new job and I declined the first offer and told them how valuable I was and what I have done and how important I was to them and what I could do for them (gave examples). They came back the next day with $3000 more!

Hartford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Aetna in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on line for several positions. A few weeks passed before initial call. Interviewed for one position by several people, all friendly and clear in expectations of position, and what I could expect for call back time frame. All sounded positive, but then I was called to interview for another position. My impression was I was pulled from a candidate pool even though I was not selected for the position I initially applied for. Second interview went well, follow up and offer was within 2 weeks. Very thorough orientation and training.

Interview Question – One manager asked me " What about you would you not want me to know as your manager? " Bit of a head game. That was not the manager that hired me, and that I now work for thankfully.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation of salary, but it was the low end of fair market and made up the difference in what I would have preferred within 1 year.

RN Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aetna.

Interview Details – Interviewed for 2 jobs and still waiting to hear back on last phone interview 1 month ago. My status on the website says "under consideration" and I was invited via Email to submit an application and signature page for a background check. My fingers remain crossed.

Interview Question – Given a scenario and asking to be specific in describing a similiar situation and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Newark, DE

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in November 2011.

Interview Details – I have interviewed for an RN case manager position with Aetna three times. I am currently employed and have been with the same employer for over five years now. I have a very impressive resume and usually get any job I want. To be called to the same place three times says something about my experience as far as recruiters in HR goes. My second interview with aetna I had a phone interview before being called for a face to face. Two of the three interviews were with two managers. One of the managers I recognized from a prior interview. I am not sure of the problem I am having at this particular office but in my opinion I think I may not be the right "fit" for them at that office. I know people will say maybe they didn't like me or that I din't give a good interview but I can assure you that was not the case. I have all the qualifications for that job plus more and it was stated that I would be a good fit for the job. That being said I still received the rejection email weeks later. I found out through some associates that a woman I went to school with got hired at Aetna on her first interview and she has NO hospital or case management experience. I don't know what else to think but I guess I'm done for now trying to work for Aetna. Each time the interviewers tell me it's all in HR's hands and they have nothing to do with the process from here but what happens next? The last time I interviewed 12/16/11 they were hiring 35 new case managers for a new Medicare project. They told me they wanted to get the ball rolling fairly quickly so everyone could start by Feb 6th. I never got an email so I thought I was in but the Feb 6th deadline was approching and I hadn't received anything from HR. Jan 16 (a month later) I called one of the managers that I interviewed with and she said they were getting together that Friday to make their decisions and she appologized for the delay. The next week on Jan 27th I got the dreaded rejection email. LOL!! I just say everything happens for a reason. Right? Maybe there will be a better opportunity at a better company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to make a difficult decision in your work environment.   View Answer
  • Have you ever had to ask your co-workers for advice or to double check (second opinion/brainstorm)........... Not in the exact words.   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in August 2007.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview, came in for an interview with the immediate manager, and then ended with a panel interview with four people, doctors and nurse managers. A bit nerve racking, but everyone was very nice and seemed to not want to totally intimidate you. A normal interview I believe.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate a little- within 1-2,000. Try your hardest but don't overshoot it or they'll just say why bother?

RN Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview was 15 minutes asked questions about my skills/experience and interest with the company. Received a call a week later to schedule interview with the hiring managers. Teleconference interview with 2 managers was very professional and organized. It seems that they really enjoyed working at Aetna. Questions were based on your experience and expertise. You really had to prove that you know your stuff well and lasted for an hour and a half. Was told I would get a call or an email. Received the call the next week asking to fill up a second application online within 48 hours. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Question – What would you need to succeed in this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!