Aetna

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Senior Underwriting Consultant
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aetna in July 2011.

Interview Details – With the Underwriting Directors. We spoke about my underwriting career and I answered their questions regarding my experience in underwriting Medical Insurance and the methodologies my former employer used. Interested in finding out my level of expertise.

Interview Question – None, we spoke underwriting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and hones

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Senior Underwriting Consultant
Hartford, CT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aetna in January 2012.

Interview Details – Series of questions during the phone interview from the hiring manager. I had to have a discussion with her regarding the salary because I originally turned down the interview due to the low salary range.
The panel interview was difficult as the three individuals and they already asked me about the salary as the first question. The lead interview was condescending and they all appeared as if they didn't want to be there to begin with. I had already made up my mind in the first 5 minutes I wasn't going to work for this particular group of people.

Interview Question – Why didn't your past employer allow you to telecommute if you were so good at your job?   Answer Question

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!