Aetna Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.8

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four managers in the underwriting department total. Two first, then another two right after. Math questions were asked which was a little nerve wracking since I was already nervous. I blanked on the questions but you get to use a pen and paper, just not a calculator.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people at once. There were two managers and one head underwriter. It was basically more of a casual conversation and only one person really spoke. The two managers were the quiet ones. I believe they all came to see which team whoever they do hire would fit on best.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected or difficult questions. It was more casual conversation.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Process began with a short phone interview involving basic questions about my background, education, and work experience. Second interview was in person. They ask what you know about the industry overall and healthcare reform. They ask why you are interested in the position and what you know about the company as a whole. They are looking for you to be analytically-minded and know about Aetna's culture and values as a healthcare company not just an "insurance" company. If you have experience and knowledge in math/finance this is likely an advantage for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• A few basic math questions on the spot in the interview. Not difficult but was unexpected for me   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with two different groups of management.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Interview

Aetna Interview Review
    Was contacted by a non HR rep to schedule an interview. Met with her, 2 hiring managers as they were hiring for two positions. Standard questions, situational ones as well as a couple math problems. Very simple, but can freeze someone if nervous. They were very nice and informative. After the interview the host walked me out and that's when I found out there would be a second round.

The host contacted me a couple days afterward to schedule a second interview the following week.

Just went in and met with higher ups that posed similar questions that focused on achievements, goals, detail oriented, team vs independent thinker, etc. Overall a "good" second round. Personalities of the second round panels were a bit more conservative but not particularly strict.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aetna (Middletown, CT) in February 2008.

Interview

I was referred to Aetna by a friend. I was initially contacted by one of the executive assistants and scheduled the interview with her. On the first day of interviews I had 2 panel interviews, each one with 2 Underwriting Managers/Unit Leads. They asked a lot of situational questions like "Tell us about a time you made a mistake. What did you do and how did you handle it". They also asked a few math questions consisting of percentage calculations. These shouldn't be very hard if you have an acumen for math. Some of the managers were very easy to converse with while others held their statuesque poker faces but don't let those guys psych you out. About a month or so later I got a call from the same executive assistant to schedule another interview date. It was all the same process but just with different managers.

Interview Questions

• Math questions   3 Answers
    • If you had to wear a warning sign on your chest for all of your coworkers to see what would it say.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aetna (Middletown, CT) in June 2007.

Interview

Had a group interview with 3 managers. Also had a basic math "test". After the interview was required to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary a little bit. Definitely push back when contacted by a hiring consultant, I was able to squeeze a few thousand more than they had originally offered.