Afc Industries

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Worker Interview

Office Worker

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Afc Industries.

Interview Details – Seriously, unless you are absolutely DESPERATE for work, don't waste your time. If they do not like you during the interview, you will be in and out of there in less time than it took you to find the place. You will most likely interview with the "Executive VP" first, which should be your first warning sign. If you DO get to the second interview stage and an offer, be advised that they probably will not deliver on any promises of a salary review after 3 months. Be sure to ask to use the restroom prior to your interview, so that you can get a genuine experience of this place.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salaries are "high" compared to some other local companies in the area, but significantly lower than NYC salaries in general. They'll tell you they have medical/dental, but the employee co-pay is more than most other companies.You will have to pay upwards of $297/month for your medical coverage, and you'd probably do better with an Obamacare plan. You also will not get Labor Day off as a paid holiday. Go figure.

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Afc Industries.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed for the accounting position at AFC industries. I was highly impressed with the interviewer. This interview was unique and very professional. He told me all about the company's history, providing very specific and honest information about the current and future position of the company. He questioned me intensely about my professional experience and vision for the future. He was very clear about the position I had applied for, its duties, expectations, and requirements, as well as the company's benefits, including the opportunity for advancing based on performance. I hope to hear back soon, as he promised to call within a week for a second interview; and i look forward to moving through this process. It was definitely a wonderful learning experience.

Interview Question – What is my strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing

Interviewed at Afc Industries

Interview Details – The person that interview me was 30 min late. He didn't apologize and was rude and unprofessional. When I told him about myself he played on his cell phone. The money that they offered me was half of my last salary. I should of read the reviews about this place and don't wast a day off to interview with them. The interview was less then 10 min. When I left the person didn't even thanked me, just left his office without saying anything

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
College Point, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Afc Industries in September 2013.

Interview Details – Job Description did not even mention dictation as a requirement and while in the interview, I was told that dictation would be a requirement about 75% of the time. Since I am not adept with taking dictation, I was honest and the interview was concluded at that point. The interviewer did not apologize for running 20 minutes late for our interview, nor did he thank me for coming in. I wasn't really expecting too much given the reviews that I had already read on this site and another site, but I went to interview with an open mind however, when I arrived for the interview, it was real culture shock for me!!! The office is a dilapidated "dump". The fact that the interviewer was not at all professional really turned me off. My advice is that unless you are in dire need of a job, don't bother!!

Interview Question – I did not have to fill out an application; I met with the interviewer, and he asked me to describe my typical day at my previous job, and I did ...and then I asked him to tell me more about the position which he started describing and told me that dictation was a large part of the position, at which point I was honest by telling him that I could not fulfill that requirement, so the interview was abruptly concluded WITHOUT him even thanking me for coming in; he actually walked right out of the conference room before I had my portfolio packed up. He just left me in there! Extremely unprofessional.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Afc Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Afc Industries interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Afc Industries employees and interview candidates.