Affiliated Computer Services

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Case Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2012.

I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter who had a phone interview with me. She was very nice and even told me that the job would pay 30-33K and it would eventually be a "work from home" position and if I was comfortable with that. I said sure, b/c if I say no, I won't advance forward. But in reality, I don't think working from home is the greatest idea in the world b/c working in an actual office allows people to soley focus on work, and working from home might not necessarily be the same case.

Then, she had me complete some computer typing test online to see how many wpm I can type. I was granted a face-to-face interview. When I came, this gentleman escorted me to complete another typing skills test even though I had just completed one before. I guess I did worse on that one probably b/c the keyboard was different from what I'm used to using but w/e.

Then, the guy took me into a room where he and another lady interviewed me for close to an hr. They were dressed as if they had gone for coffee(regular clothing like jeans and hoody). While, I was there wearing my suit, so I felt a little out of place. They kept asking question after question and I think a combination of just being launched question after question and being interviewed by 2 people who weren't wearing business casual or better clothing must have gotten to me b/c I probably had my worst face-to-face interview that I had ever had.

Then, a few business days later, I found out I would no longer be considered for the position. Good riddance though. To be honest, I didn't think the people who interviewed me were very professional. It was hard to take them serious when they were dressed as if they were going grocery shopping and the environment seemed to be very quiet and not employee-friendly. I must've been asked something like 15 or 16 questions, 1/2 by each person and it was just a constant barrage, so I just didn't step up to the plate, but to be honest, I realized that was not the type of place I wanted to work at.