Affiliated Computer Services

www.acs-inc.com
  www.acs-inc.com

Affiliated Computer Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

1.7

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

I received a call from a recruiter from ACS asking me if I would be interested in a customer service job. On the day of the interview there were approximately 25 - 50 people that attended. We were interviewed individually by 4 different people. It took all day for me because I was one of the last to arrive for the interview. We were told after a background check was completed, we would be returning for orientation. I received 3 calls requesting my college diploma after I had sent it 2 times. At orientation, we received some new hire paperwork to complete and returned it to the HR rep. Days later, we received more paperwork via email to complete. Despite the fact I was given a password, I could not log into their system to complete it. During training the class completed the information that was sent previously by email. My advice to interview candidates, arrive early for the interview so you will be first to be interviewed. They interview by time arrived. If you don't have any call center experience, I would suggest you don't apply at this company. Training is very rapid and the instructor has no time to answer any questions. The call center worked in shifts. It hardly looked like no one worked there, too many empty cubicles. My perception was that there were not many supervisors there willing to help you when you got on the floor. They were too busy trying to make their quotas. I talked to other customer service reps and they said there was no teamwork concept. Everyone was out for themselves. This place has a very high turnover rate. That tells me there is a lot of unsatisfied employees. The trainers will tell you that the ratings are from employees that are lazy,unmotivated and not making any money because of their attitudes. That is not true. There were several good employees that walked out the door because they were unhappy about too many hours worked, poor benefits and unfair treatment from supervisors.

Interview Questions
  • Were there any questions too difficult or unexpected questions asked?   View Answer
I did not try to negotiate with them. All the people in my training class were getting $10.00 per hour. the instructor asked how many were getting $10 and how many were getting $9. Everyone should have received $10 per hour and the ones getting $9 were to see the HR rep.for an adjustments.

Other Interview Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2011.

It seems most interviewees have responded to a Craigslist ad. The interview is very brief. I think most of the hiring decision is based on a computer test they give you testing basic typing and customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    There was no negitiation. It was take it or leave it. Most of their interviewees are desperate for income, so why negotiate?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2011.

The turnover rate is high. Go there with a resume and suit and you will get hire. They hire everyone. They do no background checks or call references. No experience necessary.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing difficult. They just ask you why do you want to work here. Make up something. Honestly it doesnt matter they are going to hire you.   Answer Question
    No there is no negotiation. For Sprint department its 10.00. Training is 9.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2010.

There are 5 steps.

1) A scenario test. I.e. "If a customer was mad, what is the appropriate reaction?"
    2) A typing and listening test. Type 35 WPM, and listen to 20 sample phone calls and answer a question about them.
    3) Quick interview; see if your goals line up with the company's needs (can you work full time, can you work weekends, etc)
    4) In-person interview. Meet a hiring manager, they decide if you have the necessary people skills to succeed.
    5) Background check/drug test

Interview Questions
    • Do you see this more as a job, or a career?   View Answer
    • Are you willing to work overtime when needed?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Accept that you will work overtime against your will, and you will be hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2010.

I was first contacted via E-mail to let me know that a new position had opened up. They have you apply on their website, where you find out next to nothing regarding what you will be doing. All you know is that you will be working as a CSA. Then, they bring you in and do an interview. They ask you simple questions, like "What experience do you have?" and many "Describe a situation when..." scenarios. Overall, very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an experience of yours in which you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the five most important traits that matter to you.   Answer Question
    Absolutely not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2010.

Had to take a test on a computer. the test consisted of listening skills and costumer service and afterwards basic interview. Nothing difficult they will take anyone.

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation. This company is a multinational company and they want us in the US to become like the 3rd world countries they operate in. So forget about negotiating.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in April 2010.

ACS has such a high turnover rate they pretty much hire everyone that comes in the door if they are hiring and as long as you have a highschool diploma and type so many words a minute. Its not an interview I would be nervous of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in April 2010.

The interview process consists of a typing test, a customer response test to see how you would handle different scenarios, and a few face to face interviews where you will be asked questions pertaining to your experience in customer service, and your beliefs on what good customer service means.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2009.

They asked me could i pass a computer test
    i passed it and got the job
    thats it

there was no such phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in July 2009.

Went into the HR office, completed the typing and call center tests...very easy. After passing these went in for an interview with another candidate. Basic HR questions...little to no pressure. Offered a job on the spot. They obviously know that you are not going to stick around this job too long...they really bring in the herds of people. Seems like an alright place to work for a while.

Interview Questions
    • Name a policy at a former job that you didn't agree with, and what you did in response?   View Answers (2)