Affiliated Computer Services

www.acs-inc.com

Affiliated Computer Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very relaxed/casual, but lengthy. Took about an hour total. They have you complete an online test first - very simple stuff but takes a little time, then if you get past that, you wait until they call down a supervisor to interview you, which takes maybe 5 minutes total.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as the pay was a set rate & job is contracted w/ a potential full hire after a 90-day probation period.

Cary, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in December 2008.

Interview Details – Answered ad in the newspaper, invited to Job Fair, filled out application, interviewed by future supervisor, hired.

Interview Question – What is your philosophy on attendance? Name a time where you had difficulty with a coworker.   View Answer

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – If you can type 30 wpm and can keep a positive attitude when dealing with negative people on the phone this job is for you. I went to the office and conducted a typing test and personality test. Upon successful completion i was offered a job as long as I could pass a UA and background check.

Interview Question – How can you be sure you wont quit or run out of juice while working here and going to school?   Answer Question

Lacey, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was easy. The recruiter called, I called back. We missed each other's calls three or four times. When I finally reached her, she did an initial screening, set me up with an interview the next day, and I walked out with a job. The interview was the easiest one I've ever done. It lasted about ten minutes. It consisted of the interviewer asking simple questions about what I was willing to do, interspersed with some information about the company. When the interview was done, I was taken down to the HR office to complete paperwork, which took about an hour and a half. The interview itself was extremely easy and not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You take it, or you leave it.

Anderson, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter from ACS asking me if I would be interested in a customer service job. On the day of the interview there were approximately 25 - 50 people that attended. We were interviewed individually by 4 different people. It took all day for me because I was one of the last to arrive for the interview. We were told after a background check was completed, we would be returning for orientation. I received 3 calls requesting my college diploma after I had sent it 2 times. At orientation, we received some new hire paperwork to complete and returned it to the HR rep. Days later, we received more paperwork via email to complete. Despite the fact I was given a password, I could not log into their system to complete it. During training the class completed the information that was sent previously by email. My advice to interview candidates, arrive early for the interview so you will be first to be interviewed. They interview by time arrived. If you don't have any call center experience, I would suggest you don't apply at this company. Training is very rapid and the instructor has no time to answer any questions. The call center worked in shifts. It hardly looked like no one worked there, too many empty cubicles. My perception was that there were not many supervisors there willing to help you when you got on the floor. They were too busy trying to make their quotas. I talked to other customer service reps and they said there was no teamwork concept. Everyone was out for themselves. This place has a very high turnover rate. That tells me there is a lot of unsatisfied employees. The trainers will tell you that the ratings are from employees that are lazy,unmotivated and not making any money because of their attitudes. That is not true. There were several good employees that walked out the door because they were unhappy about too many hours worked, poor benefits and unfair treatment from supervisors.

Interview Question – Were there any questions too difficult or unexpected questions asked?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate with them. All the people in my training class were getting $10.00 per hour. the instructor asked how many were getting $10 and how many were getting $9. Everyone should have received $10 per hour and the ones getting $9 were to see the HR rep.for an adjustments.

Lexington, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – ACS has such a high turnover rate they pretty much hire everyone that comes in the door if they are hiring and as long as you have a highschool diploma and type so many words a minute. Its not an interview I would be nervous of.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2009.

Interview Details – They asked me could i pass a computer test
i passed it and got the job
thats it

Interview Question – Do you know how to troubleshoot   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no such phase

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had to take a test on a computer. the test consisted of listening skills and costumer service and afterwards basic interview. Nothing difficult they will take anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation. This company is a multinational company and they want us in the US to become like the 3rd world countries they operate in. So forget about negotiating.....

Tempe, AZ

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via E-mail to let me know that a new position had opened up. They have you apply on their website, where you find out next to nothing regarding what you will be doing. All you know is that you will be working as a CSA. Then, they bring you in and do an interview. They ask you simple questions, like "What experience do you have?" and many "Describe a situation when..." scenarios. Overall, very simple.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience of yours in which you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me the five most important traits that matter to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely not.

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – There are 5 steps.

1) A scenario test. I.e. "If a customer was mad, what is the appropriate reaction?"
2) A typing and listening test. Type 35 WPM, and listen to 20 sample phone calls and answer a question about them.
3) Quick interview; see if your goals line up with the company's needs (can you work full time, can you work weekends, etc)
4) In-person interview. Meet a hiring manager, they decide if you have the necessary people skills to succeed.
5) Background check/drug test

Interview Questions

• Do you see this more as a job, or a career?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to work overtime when needed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Accept that you will work overtime against your will, and you will be hired