Affiliated Computer Services

Average Difficulty
141 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview Details – applied via walk in , took typing test and knowledge test. Had an interview afterwards with a team manager and hr rep . Could not commit to schedule so respectfully ended interview.

Interview Question – Could I place business needs above those of my famile   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was a breeze. Basically if they ask you to come in for an interview, you can assume you've got the job. They never made me feel uncomfortable, which is a first when it comes to interviews!

Interview Question – This never happened, the only unexpected thing was how easy it was to get the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My current employer begged me to stay and I felt bed enough to do so.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview Details – easy and didnt have to take alot of timeasy and didnt have to take alot of time doing anything to get the jobe doing anything to get the job
easy and didnt have to take alot of time doing anything to get the job

Interview Question – easy   View Answer

Recruiting Manager Greeley CO Interview

Recruiting Manager Greeley CO
Greeley, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews; second with three leaders. I requested to reschedule first meeting by VM and email and no one responded. They told me they would make decision in two days. Several days passed and I left VM and email again to contact me via email. One week later I left a final email stating my opinion they were unprofessional and rude; would leave a Glassdoor review. Then the group leader responded saying she tried calling. I question it because my messages stated email was my only current option.

They had a second candidate interviewing in person. When I asked if I was disadvantaged by this I was told no. Everyone knows F2F candidates have an advantage. Rude; especially recruiting leaders doing this to candidates for a recruiting leader role. They communicate when they need to and leave you hanging.

Tier I Tech Support Interview

Tier I Tech Support
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at a Job Fair. Over two months later, I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I confirmed a time, the name of the person I'd be meeting with. At no point was I told anything I needed to bring or do beforehand... and I asked.
When I arrived--pressed, dressed, and polished for what I though was an actual interview--there was no receptionist, just a small, gray DMV-style waiting room with a phone in the middle of a bare desk. Plastic chairs were filled with queuing people in sweats and backwards baseball caps hunched over clipboards. The locked door directed me to call to let them know I was there and informed me I'd be searched upon exit.
As per the instructions, I called through. I reached the same person I'd talked to only 3 days prior, who didn't have my name or my resume. When I pressed for more information, it became clear that this was not an actual resume-based interview, and that they don't even conduct such interviews--probably because no such information is necessary to train a brainless script-follower.
I informed the person I was speaking to that I'd changed my mind and wasn't interested. AT A MINIMUM, I expect any company I work for to be interested in hiring quality people with real resumes that can pass an actual sit-down interview. I expect that company to make and keep appointments that involve at least writing down my name. This was the first and only "interview" I've ever walked out on.

Reason for Declining – This company is not interested in real people with real career goals; they'd use trained parrots chained to phones if they could.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview Details – Really did not get to know or understand my background and experience. Hiring Manager did most of the talking about what he had done to grow the organization. 1st and 2nd interview went about 1 hour each.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Lack of communication from hiring manager. He waiting too long to present offer, I already took another position

Information Security Senior Analyst Interview

Information Security Senior Analyst
Lexington, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very laid back. they mainly wanted to know what i did at my current job and why i was leaving. i went in twice and was offered a job after the second interview.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions. more about my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Aim high. they don't give raises. Ever!

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was great, smooth, well communicated to. However HR and hiring managers are very disconnected, almost like they work for separate companies.

Interview Question – "What do you want to be when you grow up?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Sandy, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applicants take a personality test, a typing test, and receive a personal interview unless their personality test shows too many adverse ("red") test responses. Don't say anything that would make you look bbad. That would be stupid.

Interview Question – "How can you earn a profit for my company?" This combines what they know about the company with what assets they would specifically bring to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview Details – Used basic behavioral interview questions

Interview Question – How would you handle conflict   Answer Question

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!