Affiliated Computer Services

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

I received a call from a recruiter from ACS asking me if I would be interested in a customer service job. On the day of the interview there were approximately 25 - 50 people that attended. We were interviewed individually by 4 different people. It took all day for me because I was one of the last to arrive for the interview. We were told after a background check was completed, we would be returning for orientation. I received 3 calls requesting my college diploma after I had sent it 2 times. At orientation, we received some new hire paperwork to complete and returned it to the HR rep. Days later, we received more paperwork via email to complete. Despite the fact I was given a password, I could not log into their system to complete it. During training the class completed the information that was sent previously by email. My advice to interview candidates, arrive early for the interview so you will be first to be interviewed. They interview by time arrived. If you don't have any call center experience, I would suggest you don't apply at this company. Training is very rapid and the instructor has no time to answer any questions. The call center worked in shifts. It hardly looked like no one worked there, too many empty cubicles. My perception was that there were not many supervisors there willing to help you when you got on the floor. They were too busy trying to make their quotas. I talked to other customer service reps and they said there was no teamwork concept. Everyone was out for themselves. This place has a very high turnover rate. That tells me there is a lot of unsatisfied employees. The trainers will tell you that the ratings are from employees that are lazy,unmotivated and not making any money because of their attitudes. That is not true. There were several good employees that walked out the door because they were unhappy about too many hours worked, poor benefits and unfair treatment from supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Were there any questions too difficult or unexpected questions asked?   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate with them. All the people in my training class were getting $10.00 per hour. the instructor asked how many were getting $10 and how many were getting $9. Everyone should have received $10 per hour and the ones getting $9 were to see the HR rep.for an adjustments.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Applied through a temp agency (99%) come through one agency or another.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2011.

applied online, got an email, then a phone call, then did there computer testing in there office, uploaded my high school diploma, brought in required ssc,drivers license ect.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2011.

It seems most interviewees have responded to a Craigslist ad. The interview is very brief. I think most of the hiring decision is based on a computer test they give you testing basic typing and customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    There was no negitiation. It was take it or leave it. Most of their interviewees are desperate for income, so why negotiate?

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter who found me on Monster.com. After the initial phone screen my information was forwarded to the hiring managers at ACS. One week later I was scheduled for an interview. The interview lasted all of 25 minutes. The interviewer (will be my boss) was clearly rushed and not interested in the details of my experience. I was asked only one situational question. The rest was some idle chat about past experiences with call center employees.
    This is a contract position and it's clear to me that ACS will terminate anyone who does not work out. It's also clear that they will take any blooded creature who passes the initial smell test: eligible to work, articulate, & presentable.
    Although I have great skills & experience, my impression from the interview is that this is a call center mill. It should be a good place to hang out and fill in the employment gap while I continue looking for a better opportunity.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This is a contract positon (which is how they hire a vast majority of staff) with a flat hourly wage. There are no benefits.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in August 2011.

Applicants take a personality test, a typing test, and receive a personal interview unless their personality test shows too many adverse ("red") test responses. Don't say anything that would make you look bbad. That would be stupid.

Interview Questions
    • "How can you earn a profit for my company?" This combines what they know about the company with what assets they would specifically bring to the job.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Student Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in July 2011.

Applied online, somebody called, I went to the large call center and was offered a job same day. Started following Monday. Very easy to obtain a job at ACS, at least at the Bakersfield location.

Interview Questions
    NO negotiation. Its a call center. You get paid next to nothing for most departments. However, my department pays $9.25 with no raises for team lead, assist, or anything really. Pretty sad.

Information Architect & User Experience Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in May 2011.

It was a referral, so that made it easier. The interview day was 4 hours, meeting with 6 people, and they took me to lunch. The negotiation process was via e-mail and a phone conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze this site, and tell me what you would change.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate $11,000 over my initial offer.
    Send them links of current salary averages for your position. If you feel you deserve higher than the average, clearly state why.

Customer Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in March 2011.

After applying online I was contacted through e-mail giving me a specific time and location to go for an interview. I arrived approximately 1/2 hour early, my appointment was at 11:00 a.m., only to be told to come back at 1:30 p.m. So I went to a local eatery to kill some time and use the restroom as they have no facilities for you to use as you sit there and wait. At close to 2:00 p.m. myself along with about twenty other people were called in and seated at computers to take a customer service skills test which lasted approximately 45 minutes. After that we were told whether or not we passed. If you passed which I did, I was told to come back the next day for a one on one interview. I arrived the next day approximately 20 minutes early, my appointment time was at 10:00 a.m. I was finally called at 11:05 a.m. and just as the interview began I was told that I would have to be available for any shift between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight. I would not have any choice in the shift I would be given after the eight week training program and I would have to remain on that shift for six months before I could request a shift change.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be available for any shift between 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight.   Answer Question

I was not able to work until midnight as I am a single mother with a school age child.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2011.

I applied online and had a same day callback. Set up an interview which was instructed to dress in business attire. Took typing, personality, skills test. had 2 one on one interviews were we had to role play and answer typical interview style questions.. I was hired as long as my drug test results were negative and my background check was clear.

no negotiations