Affiliated Computer Services

2.3

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2011.

Initial phone interview. Then a follow-up phone phone interview with a team member. And finally a group interview with multiple customers.

Low salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2011.

The turnover rate is high. Go there with a resume and suit and you will get hire. They hire everyone. They do no background checks or call references. No experience necessary.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing difficult. They just ask you why do you want to work here. Make up something. Honestly it doesnt matter they are going to hire you.   Answer Question
    No there is no negotiation. For Sprint department its 10.00. Training is 9.50.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in December 2010.

Interviewer was very polite and all for helping me get the position. She even gave me advice on how to speak with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were not part of process

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in December 2010.

I don't know why they even have an interview process. They were so desperate for workers 365 days a year (despite the constant firing) that in my interview I was literally told, it doesn't matter what I say, I will be hired. I was consequently asked about my hobbies and what type of video games I like to play and nothing about the job. I was told if I failed the drug test, no worries, just come back in a few weeks and we will just throw this one in the trash, which was insulting because I do not and have never done illegal drugs.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2010.

I was first contacted via E-mail to let me know that a new position had opened up. They have you apply on their website, where you find out next to nothing regarding what you will be doing. All you know is that you will be working as a CSA. Then, they bring you in and do an interview. They ask you simple questions, like "What experience do you have?" and many "Describe a situation when..." scenarios. Overall, very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an experience of yours in which you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the five most important traits that matter to you.   Answer Question
    Absolutely not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2010.

There are 5 steps.

1) A scenario test. I.e. "If a customer was mad, what is the appropriate reaction?"
    2) A typing and listening test. Type 35 WPM, and listen to 20 sample phone calls and answer a question about them.
    3) Quick interview; see if your goals line up with the company's needs (can you work full time, can you work weekends, etc)
    4) In-person interview. Meet a hiring manager, they decide if you have the necessary people skills to succeed.
    5) Background check/drug test

Interview Questions
    • Do you see this more as a job, or a career?   View Answer
    • Are you willing to work overtime when needed?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Accept that you will work overtime against your will, and you will be hired

Tier I Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2010.

applied online. got a call on a thursday. set up interview the next week. when i went in for the interview there was 20 other people in there interviewing, its a call center so they hire in bulk. i had already taken the online skills assessment, so i went straight to interviewing. i spoke with a women who asked questions regarding tech issues. than i had an invertiew with a man who was the operations manager. he basically went over some behavioral questions. after i sat in the waiting room for ten minutes. a woman came out and said i was being offered the position and i took a mouth swab drug test on site.

Interview Questions
    • whats the difference between hardware software   View Answer
    they offered 9.25 for training and than after that you are on an abc program, that will be explained further in the interview

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Since I had applied form within the company, my interviews were less formal. Besides a written descriptive questionnaire I answered via email (more of a screening), my interview occurrred in two phases - one by prospective manager and another by a senior manager. The interviewers were knowledgable of their field and made me feel comfortable. Most questioins were scenario questions related to the prospective job.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think there was any difficult question, as such since most of the questions were scenario-based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2010.

Had to take a test on a computer. the test consisted of listening skills and costumer service and afterwards basic interview. Nothing difficult they will take anyone.

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation. This company is a multinational company and they want us in the US to become like the 3rd world countries they operate in. So forget about negotiating.....

Director, Learning Services (Sales) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2010.

I was referred by an internal employee from this particular group's services delivery organization. I interviewed with the hiring manager (VP of Sales), two internal support employees (pre-sales consulting and another Sales Director). After those interviews, my fourth and final interview was with the General Manager of the Division. The offer got hung up in a "hiring freeze" for a few weeks, which should have been a "heads up" to me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your prospecting process and how you will push business through the sales pipeline faster.   Answer Question
    After a week of waiting, I received an offer which I accepted. However, before it was "signed" by the SVP, General Manager, a hiring freeze was put on which delayed the signing of the offer. They asked if I could start in 30 days. I agreed and signed the agreements. So it took about 45 days start to finish just for this part of their process.