Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.3

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a referral, so that made it easier. The interview day was 4 hours, meeting with 6 people, and they took me to lunch. The negotiation process was via e-mail and a phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• Analyze this site, and tell me what you would change.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate $11,000 over my initial offer. Send them links of current salary averages for your position. If you feel you deserve higher than the average, clearly state why.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Federal Way, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Waiting room full of potential candidates. FYI do not let it intimidate-company has extremely high turn over rate in employees! quick lookover-possible questions regarding resume and past work experience with busy hiring mgr. Then asked to take test for typing speed/accuracy on comp. Received call following day informing me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you confident/ in ability using computors   1 Answer

Customer Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted through e-mail giving me a specific time and location to go for an interview. I arrived approximately 1/2 hour early, my appointment was at 11:00 a.m., only to be told to come back at 1:30 p.m. So I went to a local eatery to kill some time and use the restroom as they have no facilities for you to use as you sit there and wait. At close to 2:00 p.m. myself along with about twenty other people were called in and seated at computers to take a customer service skills test which lasted approximately 45 minutes. After that we were told whether or not we passed. If you passed which I did, I was told to come back the next day for a one on one interview. I arrived the next day approximately 20 minutes early, my appointment time was at 10:00 a.m. I was finally called at 11:05 a.m. and just as the interview began I was told that I would have to be available for any shift between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight. I would not have any choice in the shift I would be given after the eight week training program and I would have to remain on that shift for six months before I could request a shift change.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available for any shift between 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight.   Answer Question

I was not able to work until midnight as I am a single mother with a school age child.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington, KY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and had a same day callback. Set up an interview which was instructed to dress in business attire. Took typing, personality, skills test. had 2 one on one interviews were we had to role play and answer typical interview style questions.. I was hired as long as my drug test results were negative and my background check was clear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Then a follow-up phone phone interview with a team member. And finally a group interview with multiple customers.

Low salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Cary, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

The turnover rate is high. Go there with a resume and suit and you will get hire. They hire everyone. They do no background checks or call references. No experience necessary.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing difficult. They just ask you why do you want to work here. Make up something. Honestly it doesnt matter they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No there is no negotiation. For Sprint department its 10.00. Training is 9.50.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Pikeville, KY) in December 2010.

Interview

I don't know why they even have an interview process. They were so desperate for workers 365 days a year (despite the constant firing) that in my interview I was literally told, it doesn't matter what I say, I will be hired. I was consequently asked about my hobbies and what type of video games I like to play and nothing about the job. I was told if I failed the drug test, no worries, just come back in a few weeks and we will just throw this one in the trash, which was insulting because I do not and have never done illegal drugs.

Interview Questions

• What server do you play WoW on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, take it or leave it.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Anderson, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and all for helping me get the position. She even gave me advice on how to speak with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were not part of process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

There are 5 steps. 1) A scenario test. I.e. "If a customer was mad, what is the appropriate reaction?" 2) A typing and listening test. Type 35 WPM, and listen to 20 sample phone calls and answer a question about them. 3) Quick interview; see if your goals line up with the company's needs (can you work full time, can you work weekends, etc) 4) In-person interview. Meet a hiring manager, they decide if you have the necessary people skills to succeed. 5) Background check/drug test

Interview Questions

• Do you see this more as a job, or a career?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work overtime when needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Accept that you will work overtime against your will, and you will be hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tempe, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted via E-mail to let me know that a new position had opened up. They have you apply on their website, where you find out next to nothing regarding what you will be doing. All you know is that you will be working as a CSA. Then, they bring you in and do an interview. They ask you simple questions, like "What experience do you have?" and many "Describe a situation when..." scenarios. Overall, very simple.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience of yours in which you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the five most important traits that matter to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely not.