Affiliated Computer Services

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tier I Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2014.

I submitted my resume at a Job Fair. Over two months later, I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I confirmed a time, the name of the person I'd be meeting with. At no point was I told anything I needed to bring or do beforehand... and I asked.
When I arrived--pressed, dressed, and polished for what I though was an actual interview--there was no receptionist, just a small, gray DMV-style waiting room with a phone in the middle of a bare desk. Plastic chairs were filled with queuing people in sweats and backwards baseball caps hunched over clipboards. The locked door directed me to call to let them know I was there and informed me I'd be searched upon exit.
As per the instructions, I called through. I reached the same person I'd talked to only 3 days prior, who didn't have my name or my resume. When I pressed for more information, it became clear that this was not an actual resume-based interview, and that they don't even conduct such interviews--probably because no such information is necessary to train a brainless script-follower.
I informed the person I was speaking to that I'd changed my mind and wasn't interested. AT A MINIMUM, I expect any company I work for to be interested in hiring quality people with real resumes that can pass an actual sit-down interview. I expect that company to make and keep appointments that involve at least writing down my name. This was the first and only "interview" I've ever walked out on.

This company is not interested in real people with real career goals; they'd use trained parrots chained to phones if they could.

Other Interview Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Tier I Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2010.

applied online. got a call on a thursday. set up interview the next week. when i went in for the interview there was 20 other people in there interviewing, its a call center so they hire in bulk. i had already taken the online skills assessment, so i went straight to interviewing. i spoke with a women who asked questions regarding tech issues. than i had an invertiew with a man who was the operations manager. he basically went over some behavioral questions. after i sat in the waiting room for ten minutes. a woman came out and said i was being offered the position and i took a mouth swab drug test on site.

Interview Questions
    • whats the difference between hardware software   View Answer
    they offered 9.25 for training and than after that you are on an abc program, that will be explained further in the interview