Affinion Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Travel Specialist Interview

Customer Service Travel Specialist
Westerville, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Affinion Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fast, I got an interview took so Assesments tests and then got a call back within an hour, said I started training in a week! The management seemed nice, everything seems laid back the questions were a lot of my previous jobs duties and accomplishments and stuff that would be efficient for this position

Interview Question – The training seems long but its exciting to learn so im fine with it   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Data Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group.

Interview Details – HR questions and technical questions: such as oracle database structures and internals,
database performance turning techniques, database logical and physical layout design
UNIX/LINUX Shell scripting etc

Interview Question – What are your greatest success and failure   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Trumbull, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I initially found out about the this opportunity through Linked In by Affinion's recruiter. I was called for a phone screen within the week to discuss the position. After the initial screen, I had 2 interviews in Trumbull and 1 in Stamford during the course of 3 weeks. I interviewed with every member of the HR team in Stamford and Trumbull and met with managers in Trumbull that I would be supporting. I had a very good understanding of the team dynamics and what would be expected of me.

Interview Question – They asked behavioral questions   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Affinion Group.

Interview Details – Case Study and Technical (SQL)

Interview Question – Case Study   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Information Technoligies Interview

Information Technoligies
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a requiter who offered me a considerable pay increase.
I interviewed twice, with two levels of management.
The benefits and pay were very good, but I never imagined the politics that were involved in order to keep my job.
I regret leaving a good, stable job that was working for good people.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your existing position to work for Affinion?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotions required

Travel Consultant Interview

Travel Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – The 1st interveiw was short. She already knew I had experience, So we went over salary and benefits. She then wanted me to come back in and interveiw with a supervisor. I went 2 days later and there wasn't a supervisor there for me to interveiw with...waste of gas! Then we set it up for another day and the the day before she was calling me asking me where I was. I called her back and told her it was for the next day. The interveiw withe supervisor was ok. She kept referring totheir software they use which I knew nothing about! She did ask me how I felt about upselling and getting customer to buy more and rebuttals. To me they say no it means no that is a good way to lose customers by giving them rebuttals! But she spoke Greek to me most of the time like I knew what travel tools they use!

Interview Question – Not any difficult questions ( same old thing tell me about a time you had a difficult customer!) Uh did you not look at my resume? I was a supervisor for priceline.com where the anser is no to everything!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Director Interview

Director
Stamford, CT

I interviewed at Affinion Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Multi-phased interview approach with HR, hiring manager, and panel.

Very Difficult Interview

Developer Interview

Developer
Trumbull, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Affinion Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was too long and painful

Interview Question – They asked about what I will do in 5 years.   Answer Question

Director, Workforce Management Interview

Director, Workforce Management
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process with HR, hiring manager, and the hiring manager manager. In my case it was the Sr. VP.

Interview Question – Each level asked technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relocation Package.

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Westerville, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Affinion Group.

Interview Details – Very quick hiring process. You can apply inside and get an interview the same day. The recruiter takes you to her office, asks you to read a script, tells you about the company.

Interview Question – Pretty easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Affinion Group

Worked for Affinion Group? Contribute to the Community!