Affinion Group Interview Questions

2.6

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Affinion Group in September 2013.

On the day of the interview I met with Melissa. Right after the interview they made me take a test. A few more minutes after I saw her again and I was also interview by one of the Team Leads (Supervisors) and after that, they made me an offer. All on the same day.

The salary was not negotiable. Nor was the schedule and as far as I know, they won't be able to consider you if you tell them you are not able to work on Sundays.

Customer Service Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Affinion Group in May 2014.

The hiring process was fast, I got an interview took so Assesments tests and then got a call back within an hour, said I started training in a week! The management seemed nice, everything seems laid back the questions were a lot of my previous jobs duties and accomplishments and stuff that would be efficient for this position

Interview Questions
    • The training seems long but its exciting to learn so im fine with it   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group.

HR questions and technical questions: such as oracle database structures and internals,
    database performance turning techniques, database logical and physical layout design
    UNIX/LINUX Shell scripting etc

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trumbull, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in January 2014.

I initially found out about the this opportunity through Linked In by Affinion's recruiter. I was called for a phone screen within the week to discuss the position. After the initial screen, I had 2 interviews in Trumbull and 1 in Stamford during the course of 3 weeks. I interviewed with every member of the HR team in Stamford and Trumbull and met with managers in Trumbull that I would be supporting. I had a very good understanding of the team dynamics and what would be expected of me.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Affinion Group.

Case Study and Technical (SQL)

Information Technoligies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in August 2009.

I was contacted by a requiter who offered me a considerable pay increase.
    I interviewed twice, with two levels of management.
    The benefits and pay were very good, but I never imagined the politics that were involved in order to keep my job.
    I regret leaving a good, stable job that was working for good people.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your existing position to work for Affinion?   View Answer
    no negotions required

Travel Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in July 2013.

The 1st interveiw was short. She already knew I had experience, So we went over salary and benefits. She then wanted me to come back in and interveiw with a supervisor. I went 2 days later and there wasn't a supervisor there for me to interveiw with...waste of gas! Then we set it up for another day and the the day before she was calling me asking me where I was. I called her back and told her it was for the next day. The interveiw withe supervisor was ok. She kept referring totheir software they use which I knew nothing about! She did ask me how I felt about upselling and getting customer to buy more and rebuttals. To me they say no it means no that is a good way to lose customers by giving them rebuttals! But she spoke Greek to me most of the time like I knew what travel tools they use!

Interview Questions
    • Not any difficult questions ( same old thing tell me about a time you had a difficult customer!) Uh did you not look at my resume? I was a supervisor for priceline.com where the anser is no to everything!   View Answer
    No negotation

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

interviewed at Affinion Group in April 2009.

Multi-phased interview approach with HR, hiring manager, and panel.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trumbull, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Affinion Group in January 2013.

It was too long and painful

Director, Workforce Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Affinion Group in March 2009.

3 step interview process with HR, hiring manager, and the hiring manager manager. In my case it was the Sr. VP.

Relocation Package.

Worked for Affinion Group? Contribute to the Community!