Affirma Consulting

www.affirmaconsulting.com

Affirma Consulting Interview Questions

2.2

Recruiter Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Relaxed interview with Principal.

Rather Not Disclose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Affirma Consulting.

Initial communication was a phone screening, after that conversation concluded, I was invited for an in person interview. The interview was very casual, mainly consisting of questions of how I would take experiences from other companies I have worked for and apply them to the position I interviewed for. Day after my interview, I was offered the position and have been here ever since.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you what you know about the company so be prepared and do your research PRIOR to your interview.   View Answer

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Affirma Consulting in October 2012.

Submitted my resume via an add on Craigslist and received a phone call the next day. In the initial phone call she introduced herself and told me about the company, which sounded very good. She then went on to describe the position and scheduled me for a tech interview the next day. She was very friendly, informed and fun to talk to. The tech interview the next day went well with medium level tech questions such as differences between the stack and the heap, etc. The next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager at Microsoft. More in depth questions here about Azure and relational databases. They scheduled a formal interview for me a few days later which went well.

Interview Questions
    • This came from the project architect. Something about speeding trains on a collision course and a bird flying back and forth between them. I eventually figured it out after sweating over trying to remember my calculus. It turns out there was an easy solution.   Answer Question
    I had two offers in the same day and was able to leverage them for a good outcome.

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at Affirma Consulting in March 2012.

I was contacted by someone for an initial in person interview. The interview was in person with one of the owners of the team and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a very personality driven interview, relaxed and challenging at the same time. There were quite a few questions on data (How many calls/week would I make, how many meetings, how many filled positions/month, etc). I left being told that I would be contacted with next steps.

My second interview was particularly interesting. They asked if I would come to a happy hour with a few team members and one of the owners again. That was much more relaxed, obviously, but was a way for them to explore my goals, ideas, and social skills.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Affirma Consulting in November 2011.

I got an interview through professional networking and a two-way referral. The hiring manager called me and scheduled an interview for the following week. I had a simple 1:1 interview, negotiated salary and accepted a job offer the same day.
    I would call this an exception to the general hiring and interviewing process. This is not something that you should expect in your interview.
    I witnessed other candidates for other positions (after I was hired) come back and interview two or more times.

Interview Questions
    • The general open ended questions are the questions that I was asked; such as, "tell me about your technical expertise," or "tell me about yourself," "tell me how you will be an asset to our company," etc. Again, not the usual interview. It was very laid back and strait forward.
      Therefore I don't have a point of reference to help out a potential interviewee.
        View Answer
    I was able to negotiate salary. I told them what I expected (which was very reasonable), and they met me there. I can't say this will hold true for every negotiation.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Affirma Consulting.

The interview process is very friendly and kinda informal.
    You would be asked questions about your personality, related work experience, and why are you interested in this position.

Interview Questions
    • how I will run a promotion campaign with a very limited budget   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Affirma Consulting in June 2012.

I was contacted by the recruiter about the role who greatly emphasized the culture at affirma consulting and what a great place it was work.However after I agreed to attend a face to face interview,there was no communication about what I should expect or what the process would be.

I reached the company on the interview day and ended up waiting for almost 15 minutes past the scheduled interview time since the person who was interviewing me was late. On top of that,I found that this was supposed to be a 30 minute meet and greet session and they were just vetting candidates and would let the person know by next week for sure. The person who did know was knowledgeable and asked good questions but I had a feeling he himself was not sure about what he was looking for.

After the interview, I heard nothing for nearly a week and a half until I kept on following up and finally I got an email saying that they decided not to go forward since they felt I didnt have the required experience (which was odd since during the interview they said that my experience was the exact experience they were looking for)